• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

It seems to be using many of the same formulaic elements as the original film: avengers fighting each other especially the Hulk; Hawkeye on his own; the villain spouting some maniacal philosophy; Tony Stark needing redemption from his flawed personality; mayhem and 'splosions in a city; the team are defeated then come together in victory.

Wow. Nothing more to say. Just wow.

By the time we get to Civil War the four Netflix series should be running. Imagine if they are all tied in too, and AOS.

That really would be an event.

It seems to be using many of the same formulaic elements as the original film: avengers fighting each other especially the Hulk; Hawkeye on his own; the villain spouting some maniacal philosophy; Tony Stark needing redemption from his flawed personality; mayhem and 'splosions in a city; the team are defeated then come together in victory.

I wouldn't assume this movie ends with a victory for the good guys.

So based on some of the thoughts in this commentary and the follow-on contributions, there are some interesting options who Andy Serkis may be playing.

1) Beast: Because he has been an X-Men and an Avenger. And knowing Serkis's long list of ape-like roles... One of the follow-on comments is interesting and fits the dual-membership theory like Quicksilver 'Hank McCoy joined the Avengers in 1975, and remains a member for many years, becoming a close friend of Wonder Man. He leaves the team periodically to rejoin the X-Men during times of need. He returns to the Avengers each time.'

2) Mandarin: Based on comments from James Spader during an interview, in addition to his wanting vengeance on Stark for impacting his reputation. One of the follow-on comments notes 'Spader said that Serkis was ON SET IN A DISGUISE AND LONG BEARD'. Another comment pointed out a possible story option: 'The Mandarin feels very likely, he could play an integral part to the story, which will seemingly involve the time gem. Could there be a time travel to the story in which the Avengers die and Tony has to go back in time and save them after defeating the Mandarin for the gem alone.'

hm

3) Doctor Strange: Would be a longshot since there are three actors noted as the final options being considered.

4) Regular citizen: Why have Serkis clearly pictured in the trailer if he is just someone on the sideline? It seems too obvious they are lining someone up for a part in the Marvel Universe.

I don't believe Marvel has the rights to Beast.

I thought the same thing. But then remember there are middle ground characters like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch that have a place between Avengers and X-Men.

Kevin Feige on middle ground characters like Quicksilver

"There are only a handful of characters that occupy that middle ground. Iron Man is not going to show up over there and Magneto is not going to show up over here. But there are a few gray points even after many years of negotiations …"

Interesting breakdown of the trailer.

Age of Ultron trailer review

I'm still holding strong to this potentially having something to do with HYDRA, especially with Andy Serkis being cast in a role. It is very possible he is Ulysses Klaw or Baron Zemo...at least that's one of my theories. Keep in mind there was a minor reference to Klaw in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. during episode 2. A comment made by Talbot when he was talking to Lance.

15603388391_f4138c2d42_o.png

And the evolution of Ultron.

ryoRyXi.png

As usual my reaction to the trailer is different than those of the fanboy masses.

I'm sure the movie itself will be entertaining, but my reaction to the teaser trailer was simply "meh." Very underwhelming. Just a patchwork of random moments. And I cannot stand Ultron's voice. It made sense why I felt that way. It's James Spader and I am not a Spader fan.

I am eager for a more telling trailer to come out.

:popcorn:

Doesn't Ultron look like Death's Head???

My thought was the ballet dancing was Wanda, not Natasha.

I suppose it could be, but I believe the scene with Ultron and them is him breaking them out of captivity(where they currently are...). Not sure how they would work her in to that, and I doubt the have a flashback scene for her.

The ballet scene (which i have looked at now) does have a retro vibe to the filming. I am sticking with Natasha flashback until i see more, but obviously with so short a clip it could be anything.

My thought was the ballet dancing was Wanda, not Natasha.

I suppose it could be, but I believe the scene with Ultron and them is him breaking them out of captivity(where they currently are...). Not sure how they would work her in to that, and I doubt the have a flashback scene for her.

The ballet scene (which i have looked at now) does have a retro vibe to the filming. I am sticking with Natasha flashback until i see more, but obviously with so short a clip it could be anything.

That trailer breakdown article noted the foreign language on the signs, and then pointing out one of the scenes showed The Twins at a protest rally. I wonder if that is Scartlet Witch during a more peaceful time before all that change takes place.

Wow... Marvel posted it yesterday and there is more than 7mil views and no doubt it is waiting for another stats update. The ticker will be interesting to watch on this one. Looks great in 1080p

Spoiler!

I bet that metal dude is bad.

lol

That Hulkbuster is one bad looking suit - but in a good way.

:insane:

Xvdi0ca.png

Lets hope it stands up to the Hulk.

The ones in Iron Man 3 kept falling apart. :whistle:

Lets hope it stands up to the Hulk.

The ones in Iron Man 3 kept falling apart. :whistle:

Except for the one that is about to take out the entire Avengers team.

:ohnoez:

I'm not an Ultron follower. Wasn't his origin that he originally came from Hank Pym, and not Tony Stark?