• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

Maximoff"s have accents. Romanoff doesn't. hm

Also,will Jocasta resemble Pepper?

Romanoff was trained to be a spy...she'll have whatever accent she needs to blend in.

Maximoff's never left their home country until the middle of the film.

Makes sense to me. It should be more shocking that they spoke English at all. lol

Maximoff"s have accents. Romanoff doesn't. hm

Also,will Jocasta resemble Pepper?

Romanoff was trained to be a spy...she'll have whatever accent she needs to blend in.

Maximoff's never left their home country until the middle of the film.

Makes sense to me. It should be more shocking that they spoke English at all. lol

hm

Only $60 million take on Saturday because of that dumb- stupid fight. Blah.

Hulk vs. Hulkbuster fight was more entertaining for $6.75 than the $100 I wasted on the Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather fight.

Never again will I pay money for an overhyped boxing fight.

I should have know better than to fall for the hype.

doh!

Glad I did NOT buy the fight

Going to see Ultron today. The critics are haters. I know I will like it already

I wish Joss was staying for Infinity War.

One thing that really surprised me

Was Barton having a family. I don't ever remember him having a family in the books or is that a new thing?

It was all designed to make you think he was the one that was going to die, pretty sure that was the main motivator.

Oh, I think it was a lot more than that, though I agree they also used it to fake the audience out.

I loved what they did with Hawkeye in the movie, which is to turn what is apparently his big weakness - he's just a regular guy among gods - into his biggest strength. As his wife says, they need him. And the reason they need him is precisely because he's just a regular guy. He's grounded, connected to humanity in ways they no longer are. While they are all having their superhero head games, dreams and visions, he's the one with his feet on the ground who helps settle them all down and bring them back to reality with his normal life - normal wife, normal kids, normal house, normal problems. As a regular person, he has a perspective they need.

I thought it was a great idea. And totally made up for the movies. I think he had a wife in Ultimates, but she got killed off or something.

No doubt, you're right that the human element / explaining why he is present was a part of it, but I know Whedon, and I'm certain it was an attempt at a fake out. It was Wash all over again, except this time he doesn't die. This is absolutely the right way to portray Hawkeye, I liked his character so much more than I did in previous films. The only thing I didn't like about it was how artificial it felt after the way he was portrayed in those previous films, but it is such a better take that I easily got over it.

Mostly I just want to see a director's cut to see all of the story elements that definitely ended up on the cutting room floor.

BOX OFFICE: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Falls Short Of THE AVENGERS' Opening Weekend

Despite some early estimations which indicated that Avengers: Age of Ultron might reach upwards of $230 million this weekend, the sequel has in fact opened with an impresive $187.7 million. That gives it the second highest opening of all-time behind The Avengers (which took $207.4 million back in 2012), but the majority of box office analysts actually believed it would always finish on or below that mark. The higher estimations didn't start doing the rounds until just a few days ago.

With this and the $439 million it's taken overseas, Avengers: Age of Ultron has already acculumalated $627 million in around 10 days of release. It still hasn't opened in China either, while there are weeks to go before we'll get a proper idea of where it will finish. $1 billion is obviously guaranteed, meaning it joins The Avengers and Iron Man 3.

NORTH AMERICA: Weekend Estimates: 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Registers the Second Largest Debut of All-Time with $187.7M; Fails to Match Its Predecessor After Sharp Saturday Decline

Avengers: Age of Ultron took in $84.46 million on Friday (which included an estimated $27.6 million from Thursday evening shows), declined a very sharp 32 percent on Saturday to gross $57.22 million and is estimated to fall 20 percent on Sunday to gross $45.98 million. That places the film's estimated opening weekend to Friday ratio at 2.22 to 1. That is significantly more front-loaded than the 2.57 to 1 ratio of The Avengers and the 2.53 to 1 ratio of Iron Man 3.

QCTELEm.png

Loved it! Expected to be let down with early reviews, and as a comic fan, it blew me away.

Especially, Vision. I can see how it might have overwhelmed non fans though.

Stark's vision about dead avengers, aligns well with the rumors of early cast demise on 1st Avengers IW.

Falcon's suit was cool at end. Thought he would show up in final battle, but didn't see him.

Thor/Ragnarok visions briefly showed Infinity Gauntlet.

Only one clip at end, seemed a little underwhelming with Thanos, as it didn't reveal anything new.

Scarlet Witch almost seemed like Phoenix-- power wise.

Klaw's arm severed...

Sweet that vision picked up Thor's hammer.

Ultron last costume looked like Jocasta-- weird/interesting.

Iron man jackhammer/Hulk battle was cool; but I felt Hulk was portrayed a little weaker than he is, and was downplayed in this one.

Is the Korean lady from the comics? Anyone know?

Never perceived Vision's gem as a guantlet gem; seems like it replaced Warlock here.

Cool hints of Scarlet Witch attraction to Vision.

Quicksilver died; say what?

Stan drinking. Nice.

Cap role much better than Avengers 1, IMO.

and Hulk left on a spaceship with no capability of tracking...PLANET HULK anyone??

NORTH AMERICA: Weekend Estimates: 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Registers the Second Largest Debut of All-Time with $187.7M; Fails to Match Its Predecessor After Sharp Saturday Decline

Avengers: Age of Ultron took in $84.46 million on Friday (which included an estimated $27.6 million from Thursday evening shows), declined a very sharp 32 percent on Saturday to gross $57.22 million and is estimated to fall 20 percent on Sunday to gross $45.98 million. That places the film's estimated opening weekend to Friday ratio at 2.22 to 1. That is significantly more front-loaded than the 2.57 to 1 ratio of The Avengers and the 2.53 to 1 ratio of Iron Man 3.

QCTELEm.png

Would you happen to know what the TOTAL box office from opening weekend was for the first Avengers? This one didn't top the previous domestic weekend haul but did it top the total box office haul from opening weekend of the first? The international number are huge on this one and that's without China.

and Hulk left on a spaceship with no capability of tracking...PLANET HULK anyone??

hm That's what I think too.

Hulk meets GOTG next! :grin:

I wish Joss was staying for Infinity War.

One thing that really surprised me

Was Barton having a family. I don't ever remember him having a family in the books or is that a new thing?

It was all designed to make you think he was the one that was going to die, pretty sure that was the main motivator.

Oh, I think it was a lot more than that, though I agree they also used it to fake the audience out.

I loved what they did with Hawkeye in the movie, which is to turn what is apparently his big weakness - he's just a regular guy among gods - into his biggest strength. As his wife says, they need him. And the reason they need him is precisely because he's just a regular guy. He's grounded, connected to humanity in ways they no longer are. While they are all having their superhero head games, dreams and visions, he's the one with his feet on the ground who helps settle them all down and bring them back to reality with his normal life - normal wife, normal kids, normal house, normal problems. As a regular person, he has a perspective they need.

I thought it was a great idea. And totally made up for the movies. I think he had a wife in Ultimates, but she got killed off or something.

No doubt, you're right that the human element / explaining why he is present was a part of it, but I know Whedon, and I'm certain it was an attempt at a fake out. It was Wash all over again, except this time he doesn't die. This is absolutely the right way to portray Hawkeye, I liked his character so much more than I did in previous films. The only thing I didn't like about it was how artificial it felt after the way he was portrayed in those previous films, but it is such a better take that I easily got over it.

Mostly I just want to see a director's cut to see all of the story elements that definitely ended up on the cutting room floor.

Regarding Hawkeye and what may happen down the road? Maybe?

If you ever read the ultimate comics and see what happens to Hawkeye and his yeah, its pretty crazy, if they go off that story its pretty crazy

Would you happen to know what the TOTAL box office from opening weekend was for the first Avengers? This one didn't top the previous domestic weekend haul but did it top the total box office haul from opening weekend of the first? The international number are huge on this one and that's without China.

Avengers (2012)

International Market:

Apr. 20–22, $185,100,000 (37 territories)

Apr. 27–29, $157,400,000 (51 territories)

Domestic Market:

May 4–6, $207,438,708

May 11–13, $103,052,274

I hate more than half the cast.

I'm trying to figure out who there is not to like. Hawkeye was the only one I wasn't crazy about but in this one he became a great character to me. I've been so exposed to these actors as these characters for so long I can't see anybody playing anybody else ever again.

Jim

I hate more than half the cast.

I'm trying to figure out who there is not to like. Hawkeye was the only one I wasn't crazy about but in this one he became a great character to me. I've been so exposed to these actors as these characters for so long I can't see anybody playing anybody else ever again.

Jim

Hmmmmm.

Hawkeye - too old, looks like his face has been squashed

Ironman - too old and no sparkle

Black Widow - really embaressing, like yea you got a great bum, we get it

Hulk - poor CGI and kinda a , also Ruffalo got fat

Quicksilver - rubbish compared to the X-men version

Nick Fury - Acted like someone's grandad

Hawkeyes 'family' - shoved in for no reason

Hate is a strong word, but I'm sure not feeling the love.

I just got home and really enjoyed it.

It wasn't perfect but none of these movies are perfect.

I loved The Vision. Awesome throughout the whole movie.

CGI was great (not sure what movie the above boardie was watching).

I give it a 8 out of 10.

I'll be seeing it again this week.