• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

I thought it was great. Wish it had been a little longer to pull some detail. There were a few things that were obviously streamlined, which is a shame, but really good nevertheless.

We are waiting for dvd for this one. total cost for my whole family to go to theater is close to $100 and the kids aren't as interested in superheroes (unless its TMNT) right now.

Glad everyone here is having fun!

reviews aren't great. its time for you guys with shares to make multiple accouts and spam film critic sites..lol

I haven't seen the film yet, but I thought the comment about there being no build-up was interesting.

If you watched the Agents of SHIELD show, it directly leads into this movie. The last show prior to the US Release basically has Coulson saying "Time to send in the Avengers" after disclosing the location of Strucker's base to Maria Hill. The AOS show also shows the effects of what happens to SHIELD after Captain America: Winter Soldier and leads it into Avengers: Age of Ultron. Deathlok's tech in the show could also be Stark tech now.

If you watched Agent Carter, you got a lot of the Black Widow back story and their early training methods as well as another prototype Black Widow in the 1940's with similar fighting styles.

Got back from the 1:50PM showing a while ago. Interesting movie that made me think a bit before posting.

First I did love the movie. But decided it can't, in fairness, be compared to the first Avengers film. The first was a total surprise that worked its way through establishing the assembling, the interactions and the eventual coordination that created a team. Much of the first was rightly focused on that. I still consider the first my favorite superhero movie.

Age of Ultron has to be seen in a different light: as a movie contained within that previously established context. And in this light it works beautifully. Part way through there was a noticeable "flat spot" that lasted for some time. By flat spot I mean no action. Suddenly the film gave me the distinct feeling of "floating". (best word I can think of). That calm time afforded the opportunity for some surprising and intriguing revelations that I see informing the next Avengers film, and perhaps some other new Marvel films.

I loved Ultron, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. The humor, so well done in the Avengers films, was skillfully applied to these new characters and helped me get a better feel for them. One even could sympathize some with Ultron, or at least look forward to his next lines.

If I had to compare Ultron to the original it would be a 4/5 stars (with the original being 5/5 stars). But looked at on its own merit, perceiving the original as a springboard, I would give it a 5/5.

Thanks Chip. I know I didn't really mention the action sequences. They were as good as the original with a couple that actually topped it. The action choreography and cinematography in both was truly exceptional. Those were action sequences I really looked forward too.

Thanks Chip. I know I didn't really mention the action sequences. They were as good as the original with a couple that actually topped it. The action choreography and cinematography in both was truly exceptional. Those were action sequences I really looked forward too.

The Hulk action scenes were phenomenal! :cloud9:

The Hulk action scenes were phenomenal! :cloud9:

They were. Casting Ruffalo as Banner/Hulk was a stroke of genius. Who woulda thunk?!

Oh I said "look forward too." Make that "look forward to." See? They were so good they messed me up!

While watching the film,

I couldn't help but admire the way Joss Whedon was able to capture the feel of the fight scenes, especially when our heroes were banded together in the final fight to confront the hordes of Ultron.

Jack Kirby's art has been described as bursting with power and kinetic energy and Mr. Whedon captured that essence perfectly, particularly in this action sequence.

I swear, it brought a tear to my eye.

I'll say it again, Jack Kirby would be proud.

While watching the film,

I couldn't help but admire the way Joss Whedon was able to capture the feel of the fight scenes, especially when our heroes were banded together in the final fight to confront the hordes of Ultron.

Jack Kirby's art has been described as bursting with power and kinetic energy and Mr. Whedon captured that essence perfectly, particularly in this action sequence.

Excellent post! You guys are on fire in this thread!

While watching the film,

Unca, I agree 100% with this. I just started collecting again after several years of taking a break. While I am focusing on pre-hero Marvel (including other post-code Atlas sci-fi), the Avengers movies have made me decide to start adding some low grade readers of ST, TTA, JIM and TOS that have the heroes. Thank the lord many of these 12 centers can be had quite inexpensively in the G-VG range.

Those two Avengers movies alone really re-sparked my past love of SA Marvel hero books.

We just got back.

Absolutely LOVED it. IMHO it was perfect and I completely do NOT understand how anyone could have a problem with anything in the film...it was like watching a comic book!

Vision was perfect, Ultron was perfectly snarky, the humor was great, action scenes were tremendous as well as the INaction scenes.

The negative reviews I've read now seem so absolutely clueless...

What a great movie! I already can't wait to see it again. :thumbsup:

Just missed yours and some other posts as they were made while I was at the theater. You summed things up very nicely here. I really like how you appreciated the "INaction" sequences. They were vital to the film. I will be seeing it again next week.

Just came back with the family, GREAT movie. Everyone loved it!

Huge thumbs up! I felt like I was 12 years old. Loved the humor also.

Better than the first one. :applause:

I have to say I just don't understand what the reviewers were thinking on this movie. Just got back and my wife and I both thought it was great. I disagree that there were too many heroes packed into this. I thought it worked perfect. This movie stood on its own too, yes there were foreshadowing scenes but I never got the feeling that this was just a tie-in movie at all. Go see it I don't think you will be disappointed!!

I have to say I just don't understand what the reviewers were thinking on this movie. Just got back and my wife and I both thought it was great. I disagree that there were too many heroes packed into this. I thought it worked perfect. This movie stood on its own too, yes there were foreshadowing scenes but I never got the feeling that this was just a tie-in movie at all. Go see it I don't think you will be disappointed!!

For me one of the most impressive things in both movies is how the many heroes worked so well as a unit - dare I say - as a team? hm

For me one of the most impressive things in both movies is how the many heroes worked so well as a unit - dare I say - as a team? hm

They do work well together don't they. I just hope there's not some kind of Civil War....oh wait.