• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2014, July 23-27, San Diego, Ca.

642 posts in this topic

From Drew's report, Hasbro had signs all over the place stating no exclusives were going to be sold to exhibitors. As such, anyone with an exhibitor badge knew in advance not to waste their time.

Did Lego warn people in advance?

(shrug)

I hope everything works out and more importantly, you enjoy the show.

Cheers!

N.

Here is a link to Diamond's Scoop video at SDCC, 2014:

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/Home/4/1/73/1012?articleID=151706

1st minute is mostly about the SDCC crowds and cosplay. 2nd minute is much better as it has (earlier?) interview with Vinnie Z of Metro/Comic Connect about the Hulk #1 Cgc 9.2 record sale.

Supposedly Jim Lee is dropping off sketches in bags of random passerbys

He drew 50 sketches for the Con, he's hiding them all over the convention and surrounding area. Roadside, by the trolley, nearby hotel, has sketch mules walking around with them, etc. He then tweets out a clue on his twitter. You get it, it's yours.

So at what time should I expect doors to open tomorrow to get in line for autograph (I really want to get in the Sons of Anarchy signing) and hasbro ticketing? I know the exhibit hall opens at 9:30 but it sounds like they open the doors to convention before this??

So at what time should I expect doors to open tomorrow to get in line for autograph (I really want to get in the Sons of Anarchy signing) and hasbro ticketing? I know the exhibit hall opens at 9:30 but it sounds like they open the doors to convention before this??

Doors open at 9:30 for people standing outside. Go to Sails and get in line and they start letting you in at 9.

From Drew's report, Hasbro had signs all over the place stating no exclusives were going to be sold to exhibitors. As such, anyone with an exhibitor badge knew in advance not to waste their time.

Did Lego warn people in advance?

(shrug)

I hope everything works out and more importantly, you enjoy the show.

Cheers!

N.

It's a dumb rule, especially after the show is open for regular business and exhibitors are lined up with non-exhibitors.

Just saw GAtor's post.

Lego did the same thing to me and it pissed me off so much that I left the con for the rest of the day. Sat outside over an hour and walked past dozens of staff who didn't say a damn thing about my badge. Got all the way to the front where they scan the badges, only to get kicked out of line.

There was zero advantage to be gained by having an exhibitor badge - I waited just as long as the regular badge people and had absolutely no warning that I wouldn't be able to get a figure.

We walked past small artists alley and an artist, Ed McGuinness, had a great reprint for sell for $10.00. My daughter saw it and wanted to buy it. So I gave her the $10 she had to spend for the day. It was a Nova drawing. She loves Nova from the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon. Ed gave it to her for FREE!!! He is a class act. My daughter loves the picture as it hangs in her room now. I'm a big Ed McGuinness fan now because of the kind act and will start collecting his work. I support all those who befriend kids with acts of kindness. He even wrote a small note addressed to my daughter. Small kinds of good deeds makes up for any long line I may have to weather through.

photo2_zps92b169e4.jpgphoto1_zps1075899b.jpg

We walked past small artists alley and an artist, Ed McGuinness, had a great reprint for sell for $10.00. My daughter saw it and wanted to buy it. So I gave her the $10 she had to spend for the day. It was a Nova drawing. She loves Nova from the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon. Ed gave it to her for FREE!!! He is a class act. My daughter loves the picture as it hangs in her room now. I'm a big Ed McGuinness fan now because of the kind act and will start collecting his work. I support all those who befriend kids with acts of kindness. He even wrote a small note addressed to my daughter. Small kinds of good deeds makes up for any long line I may have to weather through.

:applause: Great guy

Similarly Jeff Smith did a simple personalized sketch for my kids for free. They are going to love it.

Just saw GAtor's post.

Lego did the same thing to me and it pissed me off so much that I left the con for the rest of the day.

You left the biggest convention of the year because of a lego?

It's a five day con. You need to leave sometimes for sanity's sake.

We are heading to the airport in a bit and heading back to Florida (to load the van and drive to Tampa for the con this weekend). Hate leaving sd. Love this city

We are heading to the airport in a bit and heading back to Florida (to load the van and drive to Tampa for the con this weekend). Hate leaving sd. Love this city

Did the situation with Lego get resolved?

I resolved it by terminating my direct account , removing all Lego product from my shelves, and returning empty handed to my son

I resolved it by terminating my direct account , removing all Lego product from my shelves, and returning empty handed to my son

I'm sorry that that had to happen, but :applause: for your response to their nonsense.

I do want to thank everyone that tried to get a Lego for my boy. Especially dark knight and bitteroldman. I know they both specifically got in line in hopes of assisting.