• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2014, July 23-27, San Diego, Ca.

642 posts in this topic

Today I had my store remove an entire 4 foot section of Legos and canceled my account with Lego. My wife stood in line for over an hour (long after attendees were let in) to buy our son a Lego exclusive. Because she only had an exhibitor badge, 3 diff Lego employees refused to sell it to her. No explanation other than they don't sell to exhibitors. Wth??? I can understand not letting exhibitors line up early, but once con is open why restrict? Because they link exhibitors are only buying to resell? What do they think a lot of reg attendees do. I told my Lego rep if they couldn't rectify, I was done with them. Waiting on reply.

Rick, txt me what exclusive it is and I'll try and get it for you if it still poses a problem.

Today I had my store remove an entire 4 foot section of Legos and canceled my account with Lego. My wife stood in line for over an hour (long after attendees were let in) to buy our son a Lego exclusive. Because she only had an exhibitor badge, 3 diff Lego employees refused to sell it to her. No explanation other than they don't sell to exhibitors. Wth??? I can understand not letting exhibitors line up early, but once con is open why restrict? Because they link exhibitors are only buying to resell? What do they think a lot of reg attendees do. I told my Lego rep if they couldn't rectify, I was done with them. Waiting on reply.

It's a completely BS move. I was there when Bridgette got back and my offer still stands. I'll walk over there with her, raise hell and get whatever she wants.

I find this year most people working the SD show are useless and completely ignorant.

Louise, my daughter and son and myself all went to get a mid afternoon snack because we were starved.

After walking to the back of the room to the cafeteria and buying our snacks, we found that there was barely a single seat at the tables provided, let alone 4 empty seats.

So we walk over to the concrete wall at the back of the con center and proceed to sit down to eat our food.

Security dude walks over and says we can't stop here, we all have to get up and leave.

I'm like WTF? I explain that we just bought our food, there is no where to sit down and ask if we are expected to walk the crowded aisles with food in our hands.

He doesn't have an answer.

The guy next to me isn't please. Says he worked security for the show for 10 years and he's never heard such a thing. So he and I ask for the supervisor and continue to stand there.

Supervisor shows up and says that security dude is mistaken, we are allowed to stand there but not sit down, because it's a fire hazard. I thank him for his time and leave (after of course finishing my meal at the wall) and we start walking down the aisle behind the WB booth, only to see literally 100's of people sitting, squatting and standing by the next concrete wall while other security guards happily look onward. :facepalm:

I find some of these people have no clue what their actual jobs are.

Both the 'no exclusives for exhibitors after show opens' and 'no squatting at that particular wall' are just completely mindless and meaningless rules. :screwy:

GAtor, I'd sock it to Lego.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Lego corporate (my reps boss). She left me a voicemail that sdcc is a diff dept etc.

I emailed back that while I don't buy a ton of $ from them, I am proceeding with canceling all orders and will keep my shelves free of their product unless this is resolved.

As a parent you do what you must do when your kids are involved.

I will also start a campaign to any and all toys news sites, industry sites, sdcc promoters etc if this is not rectified

It's a completely BS move. I was there when Bridgette got back and my offer still stands. I'll walk over there with her, raise hell and get whatever she wants.

I find this year most people working the SD show are useless and completely ignorant.

Louise, my daughter and son and myself all went to get a mid afternoon snack because we were starved.

After walking to the back of the room to the cafeteria and buying our snacks, we found that there was barely a single seat at the tables provided, let alone 4 empty seats.

So we walk over to the concrete wall at the back of the con center and proceed to sit down to eat our food.

Security dude walks over and says we can't stop here, we all have to get up and leave.

I'm like WTF? I explain that we just bought our food, there is no where to sit down and ask if we are expected to walk the crowded aisles with food in our hands.

He doesn't have an answer.

The guy next to me isn't please. Says he worked security for the show for 10 years and he's never heard such a thing. So he and I ask for the supervisor and continue to stand there.

Supervisor shows up and says that security dude is mistaken, we are allowed to stand there but not sit down, because it's a fire hazard. I thank him for his time and leave (after of course finishing my meal at the wall) and we start walking down the aisle behind the WB booth, only to see literally 100's of people sitting, squatting and standing by the next concrete wall while other security guards happily look onward. :facepalm:

I find some of these people have no clue what their actual jobs are.

Both the 'no exclusives for exhibitors after show opens' and 'no squatting at that particular wall' are just completely mindless and meaningless rules. :screwy:

GAtor, I'd sock it to Lego.

I will be taking with the head of sdcc Lego staff at some point. Bridget talked to their preview night supervisor and that is their policy, no exceptions (obviously).

Rick, txt me what exclusive it is and I'll try and get it for you if it still poses a problem.

Done :wishluck:

I'm still waiting to hear back from Lego corporate (my reps boss). She left me a voicemail that sdcc is a diff dept etc.

I emailed back that while I don't buy a ton of $ from them, I am proceeding with canceling all orders and will keep my shelves free of their product unless this is resolved.

As a parent you do what you must do when your kids are involved.

I will also start a campaign to any and all toys news sites, industry sites, sdcc promoters etc if this is not rectified

We should dump our legos into the bay :headbang:[font:Impact]unity[/font]

Couldn't you feel the box was empty?

lol

Apparently a rookie mistake. You can always hear the Lego pieces moving around.

YES!!!! - My wife bought them with my daughter, she bought 1 of each of the 3 exclusives. 1 per customer. They placed them in 1 lego bag and they left.

When we returned home, SORRY LEGO COLLECTORS, we let our daughter open one to build. The box was empty. WTF!! My daughter thought we were tricking her. We had to wait in the line Thursday to explain there was no seal or # on the box and it was empty. After an hour in line and after explaining, they found it was a display box they gave to us and they gave us a real one. It was the Batmobile. Wife built the Guardians of the Galaxy last night. She's keeping the Star Wars until the new TV show starts up and we will give to our daughter after she watches the new show.

Lines are long, I can't get in Mattel to just buy 1 James Bond Astin Martin car. I know everyone buying there isn't a James Bond fan, they are walking away with boxes of them.

I will be taking with the head of sdcc Lego staff at some point. Bridget talked to their preview night supervisor and that is their policy, no exceptions (obviously).

What is sickening about this is that she stood in line, hours after the show opened and even showed pictures of Trent playing with legos and they wouldn't give her a toy. Unbelievable.

This is a perfect example of how the spirit of the rules get crushed by the letter of the rules. What a bunch of azzhats.

While the SD show is unlike anything else, it's growing at such at a quick pace I wonder how long it will continue to last. I heard talk of them going to a 5 or 6 day show next year.

It might be reaching fever pitch now and about ready to chill because it can't keep going forever like this.

Have 2 dealer badges available at my cost of $400 each. Had a commitment from 3 weeks ago but he has bailed on no notice. I can meet outside the Omni hotel anytime tonight or before the show opens tomorrow. Cash only. $400 each OBO.

Best bet to contact me is via text 240-575-8600

Thanks,

Greg

What is sickening about this is that she stood in line, hours after the show opened and even showed pictures of Trent playing with legos and they wouldn't give her a toy. Unbelievable.

This is a perfect example of how the spirit of the rules get crushed by the letter of the rules. What a bunch of azzhats.

While the SD show is unlike anything else, it's growing at such at a quick pace I wonder how long it will continue to last. I heard talk of them going to a 5 or 6 day show next year.

It might be reaching fever pitch now and about ready to chill because it can't keep going forever like this.

WOW on Legos!!! I would love 5 or 6 days at SDCC. My wife and young daughter play, build, collect LEGOS not for investments but to play and build together. We stood in line for the very 1st time to try to get an exclusive COLLECTOR LEGO for about 2 hours. My daughter hit the IPAD for me and she WON!!! She's 6 and was screaming she won. As soon as she had the item in hand, we opened it and she started playing with it. Vultures around us were offering $100-$300 cash for it and were saying she shouldn't be playing with it. WTF LEGO people. Here is what she built:

<a  href=photo-105_zps56112cd7.jpg' alt='photo-10

Sadly, the exhibitors cannot get LEGOs for their kids, but regular attendees are already flipping the exclusives on eBay.

That is an interesting turnabout. I'm used to seeing people walk out with as much hasbro and Mattel as they can carry within a min or two of the show opening. Or sometimes even bef they've let the attendees in.