• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2014, July 23-27, San Diego, Ca.

642 posts in this topic

Even the autographs at the booths aren't made for regular attendees. I tried the Marvel booth for signings a few years back, I swear I made it the booth within 30-45 seconds running when they opened. Security was yelling to everyone to walk. I know I was one of the 1st through the door.There already was a huge line for the Marvel booth for tickets for autographs and all the lottery tickets were drawn before half the line went in to draw. Rigged.

SDCC better do something about that this year. It seems that it has always been the same problem for years now.

Does anyone know if the Marvel Shop t-shirts will be sold online, or how has it been handled in the past? I noticed they're calling them "limited edition" rather than "show exclusives", which indicates they might be available outside of the show?

Out of curiosity, is Hasbro ticketed for all of SDCC?
Except preview night.

Camping out, or close to it, is gonna be your best bet for hasbro if you want to guarantee getting stuff

What I've done with success the past few years is wait by the Hasbro booth as they let people with tickets in. They allow those without tickets in as it slows down. It's like this for each time slot.

FVF Comics will be Booth #703, sporting some real Comic Gems: CGC 9.0 Amazing Spider-Man 1, CGC 7.5 Strange Tales 110, Raw 6.5 Tales to Astonish 27, 150 high grade CGC's and over 8,000 Vintage Comics.....See you There!!!

Since Friday I've noticed more and more homeless in my neighborhood.

I live on the outskirts of the gas lamp ( by the train station ).

Seems they are clearing the homeless earlier this year for you all to think downtown is so nice. lol

Except preview night.

So it's a free for all on Preview Night?

Are you still playing words with friends, dork?

More like, if you head straight to hasbro when they release the lines, then you will see the hasbro line is already closed for preview night.

So getting the actual badge is a different story, but once you have the badge it's all good?

Just a note of caution: a female friend got caught using a male friend's badge last year and it almost got taken away. Best to not try and get into places where they check a little more closely (like Hall H) or other areas where they may scan your badge.

From my experience all through the years, yes, once that I have had my badge no one has ever looked at it other than to wave me in. Scanning badges? Yes that happens at some booths usually to get on a mailing list or for some kind of raffle or prize, but this has always been because I wanted that service or product. Of course there are always exceptions, but once that you have a legit badge in hand you are highly unlikely to have a problem after that.

Yep. I was a Michelle last year and I didn't have any issues. If you are worried about it just try to acquire a badge that has a guy name or a name that is unisex. Once your in, chances are that they check your id are slim.

Except preview night.

So it's a free for all on Preview Night?

Are you still playing words with friends, dork?

(thumbs u

i gave up playing words with friends against Loey. He kept winning with all the extra U's he was allowed to use :(

Does anyone know if the Marvel Shop t-shirts will be sold online, or how has it been handled in the past? I noticed they're calling them "limited edition" rather than "show exclusives", which indicates they might be available outside of the show?

They have always said they never sell it online since its a con exclusive. The best chance you got to obtaining them are either someone gets it for you or wait for someone on eBay to resell it.

Some booths that will have some cool art exclusives that are not comics:

Mike Mitchell - Booth #2743

- variety of limited edition prints (including a new Just Like Us Series - Star Wars - Porkins Print)

- Mondo exclusive TMNT Pin

Jason Edminston - Booth #5015

Frankenstein Resin mini statue bust - limited to 50 - includes custom packaging

Mondo - Booth #835

Tons of poster / print drops each day.

Preview their new toy line (none for sale at show)

Buy new exclusive Pins

Other random limited edition items.

I'll post more if anything looks interesting.

They have always said they never sell it online since its a con exclusive. The best chance you got to obtaining them are either someone gets it for you or wait for someone on eBay to resell it.

Any volunteers to get me a couple of shirts? :grin:

I guess I'll have to hope for ebay.