• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2014, July 23-27, San Diego, Ca.

642 posts in this topic

Ok someone please help me out. I've spent like an hour on this, and nothing. Either I'm really stupid or SDCC has the absolute worst piece of website and app, seriously, a mentally ill donkey designed it.

Jim Steranko is a guest there. The only thing mentioned is the "Spotlight" panel. Neither the website nor the app indicate where, when or even if he will be signing autographs. This I'm assuming is because he doesn't have a time slot like celebrities? If that's the case, I get it, just show up to his table for autographs is what I'm lead to believe. Can someone let me know if this is indeed the case?

Furthermore, and more to the point, it does not tell me where Steranko is located! Where will he be? How do I find this mythical creature? Like I said, either I'm the mentally ill donkey and cant see this info, or it's not listed.

Regardless, I'm frustrated and quasi pissed off. A little help please.

Since Friday I've noticed more and more homeless in my neighborhood.

I live on the outskirts of the gas lamp ( by the train station ).

Seems they are clearing the homeless earlier this year for you all to think downtown is so nice. lol

I gave the rest of my hamburger from the Hard Rock to a homeless guy tonight...

Ok someone please help me out. I've spent like an hour on this, and nothing. Either I'm really stupid or SDCC has the absolute worst piece of website and app, seriously, a mentally ill donkey designed it.

Jim Steranko is a guest there. The only thing mentioned is the "Spotlight" panel. Neither the website nor the app indicate where, when or even if he will be signing autographs. This I'm assuming is because he doesn't have a time slot like celebrities? If that's the case, I get it, just show up to his table for autographs is what I'm lead to believe. Can someone let me know if this is indeed the case?

Furthermore, and more to the point, it does not tell me where Steranko is located! Where will he be? How do I find this mythical creature? Like I said, either I'm the mentally ill donkey and cant see this info, or it's not listed.

Some of the creators that are there for panels or whatever, may not have a table, so they're not really tied down to any one spot.

Usually, you can check with whoever is publishing their work to find out more info, that SDCC wouldn't necessarily have or be able to keep up with.

As for Steranko, I'd stop by Vanguard's booth (#1709), and see when he'll be there signing. (Just checked Vanguard's Facebook - and yes, he WILL be doing some signings there)

Cool!

Some of the creators that are there for panels or whatever, may not have a table, so they're not really tied down to any one spot.

Usually, you can check with whoever is publishing their work to find out more info, that SDCC wouldn't necessarily have or be able to keep up with.

As for Steranko, I'd stop by Vanguard's booth (#1709), and see when he'll be there signing. (Just checked Vanguard's Facebook - and yes, he WILL be doing some signings there)

Cool!

Vanguard also says they think he will charge $10 per autographs ($25 if for CGC).

Cool!

Thank you! :hail: Seriously how hard would it be for SDCC to include this info. Ugh

Cool!

Thank you! :hail: Seriously how hard would it be for SDCC to include this info. Ugh

It's because he is usually at the vanguard booth. SDCC doesn't coordinate all the information for vendor signings, just the ones they are doing. You have to watch every publisher, scour the vendors, and monitor about 30 twitter feeds to even begin to understand what is going on.

Cool!

Some of it isn't announced until the week of SDCC, a lot of it is tentative, much of it changes, it would really be impossible for them to keep up with. Thankfully, many of these celebrities keep up with social media and have that info out there as it happens.

As an example, Entertainment Earth, a vendor at the show, will have autograph appearances from Jason Mewes, Seth Meyers, some of the Howard Stern crew, etc. probably no where on SDCC's web site, but known to people who keep up with the individual celebs or are followers if EE's web site....

Cool!

Some of it isn't announced until the week of SDCC, a lot of it is tentative, much of it changes, it would really be impossible for them to keep up with. Thankfully, many of these celebrities keep up with social media and have that info out there as it happens.

As an example, Entertainment Earth, a vendor at the show, will have autograph appearances from Jason Mewes, Seth Meyers, some of the Howard Stern crew, etc. probably no where on SDCC's web site, but known to people who keep up with the individual celebs or are followers if EE's web site....

In certain cases like above, I get it. Mewes and Meyers werent on the Special Guest list last time I checked, they are like bonus appearances. But SDCC is ACTIVELY promoting Steranko as a Special Guest, they should have a blurb saying "at vanguard booth" or for more infor check here. Something, for SDCC, THE biggest comic con, the one by which all others are compared to, having no information on a promoted special guest in inexcusable in my opinion. It's amateur at best.

I shouldnt have to hunt them down on social media if they are being advertised as a main attraction. Thats like me throwing a party, advertising that Metallica will be there, and not telling you when, where nor how to go. My point is if SDCC is promoting these people, as a main draw and likely attracting people because of this guest (which they are), they owe it to the customer to tell them how they can see this guest. People pay money to see these people, tell them where they need to go, period.

Um, I'm not sure what app you're looking on, but the steranko spotlight is Sat 1-2, Room 9

Um, I'm not sure what app you're looking on, but the steranko spotlight is Sat 1-2, Room 9

I was looking for where he would be when not at the panel, for like sigs and what not.

Since Friday I've noticed more and more homeless in my neighborhood.

I live on the outskirts of the gas lamp ( by the train station ).

Seems they are clearing the homeless earlier this year for you all to think downtown is so nice. lol

I gave the rest of my hamburger from the Hard Rock to a homeless guy tonight...

They are at the park still across from the convention center. On the way back to my hotel from Ralph's, a man asked for change or my Monster drink. 5 steps later a woman asked for change or one of my poptarts.

Just go there.. waiting in line to get in. Is there an easier way inside rather than waiting upstairs? I was thinking walking through the front when it opens.

did that work? I've done it other days but never tried on preview night