• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2014, July 23-27, San Diego, Ca.

642 posts in this topic

Just go there.. waiting in line to get in. Is there an easier way inside rather than waiting upstairs? I was thinking walking through the front when it opens.

did that work? I've done it other days but never tried on preview night

(thumbs u it did and they let us in about 10 mins early.

Just go there.. waiting in line to get in. Is there an easier way inside rather than waiting upstairs? I was thinking walking through the front when it opens.

did that work? I've done it other days but never tried on preview night

(thumbs u it did and they let us in about 10 mins early.

Wow really again :o The lady that works there told me that there is a paper posted in all front doors saying telling security that they are not supposed to let anyone inside until after 30 min. after it opened. She said that all of the security knows that. Darn, I should've really waited there,now. What a waste of time.

Preview Night I got everything done I wanted to get. Got 3 exclusive books, hit the twomorrows booth, and got a signed Simonson AE.

I tried figuring out where the Jeff Smith rocket raccoon variant was but could not locate it. Anybody know where to get it? There did not appear to be any kind of sales setup at the marvel booth.

Hey everyone!

Here's some photos of the convention from yesterday:

Rob, our Director of Consignments at CC in front of the booth.

photo7_zps63dc70d6.jpg

The Floor.

photo2_zps81763bbc.jpg

Some really cool books from the CC booth.

photo4_zps969aeed6.jpg

photo6_zpse9a833ca.jpg

photo5_zps2c642bb7.jpg

The Riddler, Catwoman and the Joker!

photo1_zps77983d33.jpg

So pictures tomorrow hopefully :wishluck:

Today got my 2 Steranko sigs. Nice guy, very personable, comics off for pressing and grading... :banana:

Also the purchase of the con.......glassware!!!! The wife and I got the complete set of all 12 DC Bombshell Tumblers :cloud9:

Screen_Shot_2014_07_24_at_5_21_37_PM.png

As for tomorrows program, well, assuming I get in, gonna try to snag one of those Jim Lee sketches. Ideal situation would be my wife AND I each find one, realistic situation....well suffice to say if I didn't have BAD luck, I wouldn't have ANY.

Today I had my store remove an entire 4 foot section of Legos and canceled my account with Lego. My wife stood in line for over an hour (long after attendees were let in) to buy our son a Lego exclusive. Because she only had an exhibitor badge, 3 diff Lego employees refused to sell it to her. No explanation other than they don't sell to exhibitors. Wth??? I can understand not letting exhibitors line up early, but once con is open why restrict? Because they link exhibitors are only buying to resell? What do they think a lot of reg attendees do. I told my Lego rep if they couldn't rectify, I was done with them. Waiting on reply.

Today I had my store remove an entire 4 foot section of Legos and canceled my account with Lego. My wife stood in line for over an hour (long after attendees were let in) to buy our son a Lego exclusive. Because she only had an exhibitor badge, 3 diff Lego employees refused to sell it to her. No explanation other than they don't sell to exhibitors. Wth??? I can understand not letting exhibitors line up early, but once con is open why restrict? Because they link exhibitors are only buying to resell? What do they think a lot of reg attendees do. I told my Lego rep if they couldn't rectify, I was done with them. Waiting on reply.

Pretty Silly if she was looking to just buy 1 for your kid.

Hey everyone!

Here's some photos of the convention from yesterday:

Rob, our Director of Consignments at CC in front of the booth.

photo7_zps63dc70d6.jpg

The Floor.

photo2_zps81763bbc.jpg

Some really cool books from the CC booth.

photo4_zps969aeed6.jpg

photo6_zpse9a833ca.jpg

photo5_zps2c642bb7.jpg

The Riddler, Catwoman and the Joker!

photo1_zps77983d33.jpg

Those books are in CC's upcoming feature auction. They must just be there for eye candy.

-J.