• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

The incredible thing is how many posts like that exist.

One of my favorite threads was when we all spoofed him. I'm amazed he didn't ban himself then.

He probably assumed it was like those old Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts.

I mean, you've really got to BE SOMEBODY in order to get a whole thread spoofing you.

The only other way is to have someone post an animated gif of you dribbling a basketball off of your foot.

Ninja skills.

Has this been shared yet? A thread was just bumped and reminded me of his awesomeness.

I'm disillusioned with mediocrity. My compliments carry weight. If I leave a restaurant and compliment the food, even people who don't like me pay attention and consider giving it a try. At my favorite restaurant, there might be a 1hr long waiting list and the employees will bump me ahead to the front of the list without a reservation.

People smile when I walk in a room if they know me.

When I hung out a one local comic shop, a woman confessed that she drove 30 miles and passed two stores to shop there because she loved it when me and my friends were there conversing. Bitter? or just honest?

DG

That's awesome.

OK, if this is real and not made it up it's something I had no idea was going on. :o

As I said, I just saw some of his earliest posts and then put him on ignore - not because I disliked him but because there is too much to read around here and I didn't want to spend time on something non comics related.

If this is the stuff he was typing up, all I can say is I wish I was him.

lol

One of my favorite threads was when we all spoofed him. I'm amazed he didn't ban himself then.

I mean, you've really got to BE SOMEBODY in order to get a whole thread spoofing you.

The only other way is to have someone post an animated gif of you dribbling a basketball off of your foot.

Ninja skills.

I wish I had those.

Ninja skills.

I wish I had those.

Turtle skills.

Has this been shared yet? A thread was just bumped and reminded me of his awesomeness.

I'm disillusioned with mediocrity. My compliments carry weight. If I leave a restaurant and compliment the food, even people who don't like me pay attention and consider giving it a try. At my favorite restaurant, there might be a 1hr long waiting list and the employees will bump me ahead to the front of the list without a reservation.

When I hung out a one local comic shop, a woman confessed that she drove 30 miles and passed two stores to shop there because she loved it when me and my friends were there conversing. Bitter? or just honest?

DG

That's awesome.

OK, if this is real and not made it up it's something I had no idea was going on. :o

As I said, I just saw some of his earliest posts and then put him on ignore - not because I disliked him but because there is too much to read around here and I didn't want to spend time on something non comics related.

lol

You put people on ignore that quickly :o

Ninja skills.

I wish I had those.

Turtle skills.

There are times when I wish I had a shell to hide in.

DG

That's awesome.

lol

Sorry, I should have rephrased that. I only have one person on ignore on this entire chat forum and he's admitted to being a douchenozzle for the sake of being a douchenozzle.

I meant I ignored his later posts by skimming over them...and I do that a lot because with the new influx of members, there is just too much to read if you try to keep up with everything.

Another DGarthwaite classic, from Boardie Beefs, Blood Feuds, and Vendettas

Nobody likes you........... but all the friends of your relatives are awesome!

On the contrary, the cute girl that cuts my hair just got through telling me she loves me.

My waitress at IHOP paid for my meal the other day.

You are dead on about friends of relatives. Here's a picture of Hugh Jarret from the Jordanaires that my dad took in 2001. He passed away in 2008. I used to see him a lot when I was little, but the name didn't mean anything to me then.

HJ_2001_zpsc3a91921.jpg

DG

I always just assumed he claimed there was a hair in his food to get his IHOP paid for. I was also curious why this god among men was eating at IHOP anyway; I imagine his food being flown in by helicopter from the nearest Wolfgang Puck establishment.

I always assumed that in real life he sounds like Thurston Howell III from Gilligan's Island or Cameron Frye impersonating Sloan Peterson's father in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

In fact if you read over his posts with that voice in your head as the mouthpiece, it becomes quite entertaining.

Reference for those born post 1990.

NSFW as one word is normally spooned if written in the forum.

DG

That's awesome.

lol

Sorry, I should have rephrased that. I only have one person on ignore on this entire chat forum and he's admitted to being a douchenozzle for the sake of being a douchenozzle.

I meant I ignored his later posts by skimming over them...and I do that a lot because with the new influx of members, there is just too much to read if you try to keep up with everything.

Wait...so did you put him on ignore or did you just ignore him? Also, why would you form an opinion of him enough to defend him when you chose to put him on ignore / ignore him almost immediately?

So did kav get a wrist slap?

According to the Posting activity graph posting levels have crashed in the last few hours.

:ohnoez:

http://boardreader.com/site/www_collectors_society_com_17426.html

Wow I'm way up there… I need work to start back up…

it's all about quality, not quantity

According to the Posting activity graph posting levels have crashed in the last few hours.

I was just talking to him in the last hour...

DG

That's awesome.

lol

Wait...so did you put him on ignore or did you just ignore him? Also, why would you form an opinion of him enough to defend him when you chose to put him on ignore / ignore him almost immediately?

Talk about an inane tangent. doh!

The posts I was reading went on for a day or two, during a time period when I spent more time on here. I saw the usual ribbing begin and followed it for a bit (a day, two - maybe more) and then decided it wasn't worth the effort and started skimming past any posts he made.

I just extrapolated from that early experience and assumed all of the ribbing he was getting this entire time was because of those early posts that I read. I didn't realize the stories actually grew in size and grandeur.

Am I on trial for something? :makepoint:

Wow I'm way up there… I need work to start back up…

it's all about quality, not quantity

Your post count isn't far behind mine and you've been here almost a year less :baiting: