• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Where are all the detractors that said we were a bunch of meanies? Shouldn't they all come forward and apologize?

Apologize for what? Is acting like an individual_without_enough_empathy okay if the person ends up being an individual_without_enough_empathy, too?

"Do unto others before they do unto you", I suppose?

What happened?

Poor "Lisa". You were one of her valiant knights in shining armor.

People continued poking that girl looking for comic values...a few plus ones, over-sensitive & butthurt comments later & she started giving it back, taking it to the next level - now we're busy justifying our poor behaviour with the false assumption that she was alleybat.

:D

That was not a female. No chance.

You've never encountered a foul mouthed female?

Yes. Have you?

I have never run into one that would flat out state something like Dr X takes it in the backdoor, and likes it, from a female.

You should go to Scotland :whistle:

I have Scottish ancestry somewhere.

We must now fight to the death.

What happened?

People continued poking that girl looking for comic values...a few plus ones, over-sensitive & butthurt comments later & she started giving it back, taking it to the next level - now we're busy justifying our poor behaviour with the false assumption that she was alleybat.

I don't frequent any message boards where men are likely to pose as women so I'll defer to your expertise in the matter.

:acclaim:

lol

Poor girl? Let's assume she was a girl (although it is funny when it is a female and people trip over themselves white knighting everything which is incredibly disrespectful but whatever), Peter told her/him to burn them (dikk move? sure) and a couple of more lame sarcastic jokes were thrown out there.

Now all of the "everyone gets a trophy" crowd shows up to chastise those making snarky comments by making snarky comments. lol

The new person, now enabled to have a chip on their shoulder, plants both feet and fires back several unchallenged shots instead of you know, just focusing on what their question really was and the several helpful comments.

The thread turns into wave after wave of oblivious self righteousness which is always awesome. lol

He/she loses it and says things that 98% of the time come from a male mind.

Even if they were not a shill, they can go pound sand because it is getting a bit tiresome to have every possible behavior excused by the let's all be nice to each other crowd.

We aren't all gonna get along. Ever. Which is perfectly fine, normal and healthy.

The constant enabling of boorish behavior because no one wants to say "hey, eff off" every once in a while is a recipe for disaster but hey, everyone gets a trophy.

And before the first wiseacre pops off, I have deserved about a thousand eff offs and would gladly accept them all but Mod0 would explode in righteous indignation.

I don't have a problem with people being told to "eff off" when they deserve it. At the point that people were initially posting like dorks (in my opinion) was before anyone seemingly deserved it at that point. If a few people had just posted their opinion on the OP's question without the snarky remarks, would the thread have ended up as it did? Maybe so, if the OP really was a troublesome shill. Maybe not if they were really a noob.

What happened?

Yes. Have you?

I have never run into one that would flat out state something like Dr X takes it in the backdoor, and likes it, from a female.

I've come across girls who come out with stuff like that and worse after a few drinks. I certainly wouldn't just assume it was a guy who said it. It probably was but there's no certainty about it IMHO.

Fine. Not a certainty by a bet I will take every day?

Put a beer on it?

No, I have no way to verify it. Just say yes.

I'll put a beer on that. (thumbs u If you win then you'll just have to pop over to claim it. lol

Where are all the detractors that said we were a bunch of meanies? Shouldn't they all come forward and apologize?

Apologize for what? Is acting like an individual_without_enough_empathy okay if the person ends up being an individual_without_enough_empathy, too?

Weren't a lot of people being a bit harsh because they expected a shill? Lo and behold it was a shill…

Weren't a lot of people being a bit harsh because they expected a shill? Lo and behold it was a shill…

^^

I opened the thread...read the initial post....and decided it wasn't worth the headache either way.

YjNODfD.gif

What happened?

I don't frequent any message boards where men are likely to pose as women so I'll defer to your expertise in the matter.

lol

Poor girl? Let's assume she was a girl (although it is funny when it is a female and people trip over themselves white knighting everything which is incredibly disrespectful but whatever), Peter told her/him to burn them (dikk move? sure) and a couple of more lame sarcastic jokes were thrown out there.

Now all of the "everyone gets a trophy" crowd shows up to chastise those making snarky comments by making snarky comments. lol

The new person, now enabled to have a chip on their shoulder, plants both feet and fires back several unchallenged shots instead of you know, just focusing on what their question really was and the several helpful comments.

The thread turns into wave after wave of oblivious self righteousness which is always awesome. lol

Even if they were not a shill, they can go pound sand because it is getting a bit tiresome to have every possible behavior excused by the let's all be nice to each other crowd.

We aren't all gonna get along. Ever. Which is perfectly fine, normal and healthy.

The constant enabling of boorish behavior because no one wants to say "hey, eff off" every once in a while is a recipe for disaster but hey, everyone gets a trophy.

And before the first wiseacre pops off, I have deserved about a thousand eff offs and would gladly accept them all but Mod0 would explode in righteous indignation.

I don't have a problem with people being told to "eff off" when they deserve it. At the point that people were initially posting like dorks (in my opinion) was before anyone seemingly deserved it at that point. If a few people had just posted their opinion on the OP's question without the snarky remarks, would the thread have ended up as it did? Maybe so, if the OP really was a troublesome shill. Maybe not if they were really a noob.

There will always be snarky remarks. Some, justifiably so.

There have absolutely been some undeserved pile-ons and there will continue to be so.

What I am saying is the "let's not say anything mean" and "everyone gets a trophy" crowd has definitively contributed to that pile on.

There are no checks and balances but there are tons of people that cannot see beyond their own moral justifications and have no ability to self analyze. Not would they ever because there is an excuse ready made for them around every corner.

Tiifitz just stated to treat every one like you want to be treated...while simultaneously taking a shot. lol

This place is absurd most days. lol

What happened?

Yes. Have you?

I've come across girls who come out with stuff like that and worse after a few drinks. I certainly wouldn't just assume it was a guy who said it. It probably was but there's no certainty about it IMHO.

Put a beer on it?

I'll put a beer on that. (thumbs u If you win then you'll just have to pop over to claim it. lol

Deal.

I am off to come up with some ridiculous way to prove I am right.

What happened?

Yes. Have you?

You should go to Scotland :whistle:

my mother in law is Scotch.... know what you mean ... :grin:

What happened?

Yes. Have you?

Put a beer on it?

Deal.

I figure that there is a bigger chance of you proving yourself correct than you coming over to collect your beer. hm

What happened?

Yes. Have you?

Put a beer on it?

Deal.

I figure that there is a bigger chance of you proving yourself correct than you coming over to collect your beer. hm

Why you gotta be so mean?

It's a long shot but why the hell not?

Also, you missed it where I already proved I was correct. It was awesome. I promise.

What happened?

lol

There will always be snarky remarks. Some, justifiably so.

There have absolutely been some undeserved pile-ons and there will continue to be so.

What I am saying is the "let's not say anything mean" and "everyone gets a trophy" crowd has definitively contributed to that pile on.

There are no checks and balances but there are tons of people that cannot see beyond their own moral justifications and have no ability to self analyze. Not would they ever because there is an excuse ready made for them around every corner.

Tiifitz just stated to treat every one like you want to be treated...while simultaneously taking a shot. lol

This place is absurd most days. lol

To me it's as simple as, why be unkind or snarky to someone without provocation? Especially when it's to someone that you know nothing about (not just referring to the OP of the recently deleted thread). I'm not naive, in a forum this big, there are always going to be those kinds of posts but why is there such a concentration of it sometimes? I'm not saying that I've never been guilty of it but I try not to be.

Personally, I think the forum breeds a jumping on the bandwagon attitude which evolved from people piling on genuine scumbags and the good feeling of having been justified doing it.

What happened?

Yes. Have you?

Put a beer on it?

Deal.

Why you gotta be so mean?

It's a long shot but why the hell not?

Also, you missed it where I already proved I was correct. It was awesome. I promise.

Me being mean? You're the one who broke the quote function.

I already proved you were wrong but the mods deleted it. :cry:

I don't disagree with you regarding the pile on and mob mentality. That is absolutely true. We aren't too far away from each other on everything else either.

Some days it is too tiresome to point it out and fight it because those same fanny rubbers are piling on and are oblivious because it isn't one of their buddies or it is one or two comments that could easily be ignored but everyone is in a rush to show how morally righteous they are that they start a pile on of righteous indignation.

I have been guilty if it as well but holy crud, the moral high horse around this place has a line around the block.