• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
25 25

1,544 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2024 at 3:38 PM, PDGray said:

Anyone got a spare book from this pedigree they can let go for cheap??

I need one for my video series!!

PDG

Back around 2013 or 2014, the camp Whiz 55 was on eBay for months (or maybe years), and no one would pull the trigger on it. I can't remember what the asking price was, but it would probably look like a bargain now. (I thought about buying it, but the cover is one of the goofier ones.)

The ship has long ago sailed on “cheap” Okajimas… Way back when they first hit the open market, I bought a handful from Ron Murrary. They wern’t “cheap” even back then but special and I knew if I passed I would have been sorry so I tightened up my belt and bought them. Worked out very well for me…

On 3/29/2024 at 9:35 AM, Robot Man said:

The ship has long ago sailed on “cheap” Okajimas… Way back when they first hit the open market, I bought a handful from Ron Murrary. They wern’t “cheap” even back then but special and I knew if I passed I would have been sorry so I tightened up my belt and bought them. Worked out very well for me…

Oh, I know.  I wasn't even aware of Okajimas until probably 3 years ago or so.  I figure it never hurts to ask...someone might have one they would let go for cheap, or at least reasonably priced.

I have tried to get one example from every pedigree for a video series I am doing.  Videos are posted on YouTube.  http://www.youtube.com/@ComicBookVeteran

Always open to new information on any of the pedigrees.  I need to do more and get them posted.

PDG