• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did you come up with your forum name and avatar?
4 4

453 posts in this topic

However, when people debate who the greatest musical performer is of the 20th Century they are really trying to figure out who is second to Sinatra.

YOU KNOW I WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT !! :sumo:

No, Douchewaite would say he could beat everyone using only his balls on the controller.

-slym

I don't play video games. I'm quite lousy at them. My favorite video game was Pulsar which nobody remembers.

DG

I was awesome at missle command and asteroids!

I was pretty good on 2 player Space Duel with ships not linked. It was like an updated Asteroids with color and different shapes. The objects were moving so fast on the screen that it drew my ship inside one of the objects we were to destroy.

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9647

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9150

DG

Forum name = my initials

Avatar = saw it, liked it, used it ... 288.jpg

Reddy Kilowatt… :cloud9:

http://ecchecklist.50webs.com/Reddy_Kilowatt/Reddy_Kilowatt.html

DG

Thanks pal, that is sweet! (thumbs u

I had to imagine how Reddy Kilowatt comics must have been when I was starting to collect comics in english. Never picked a comic, but loved the character from advertising, as much as every other brand character from the US. :)

However, when people debate who the greatest musical performer is of the 20th Century they are really trying to figure out who is second to Sinatra.

Ohh, ooh, grandpa fight! (I assume you guys are both like 80 years old? :baiting: )

BWA-HA-HA-HA!!!

:roflmao:

-slym

Forum name = my initials

Avatar = saw it, liked it, used it ... 288.jpg

Reddy Kilowatt… :cloud9:

http://ecchecklist.50webs.com/Reddy_Kilowatt/Reddy_Kilowatt.html

DG

Thanks pal, that is sweet! (thumbs u

I had to imagine how Reddy Kilowatt comics must have been when I was starting to collect comics in english. Never picked a comic, but loved the character from advertising, as much as every other brand character from the US. :)

Those are public service (promotional) comics. I don't think he ever appeared outside of advertising.

DG

Ohh, ooh, grandpa fight! (I assume you guys are both like 80 years old? :baiting: )

Nah... obviously we just have better taste in music than you...

:baiting:

^^

And I was about to counter-argue by mentioning Der Bingle, but that's going back to my grandparents' younger days.

Hrm...I'd agree on the voice, but as far as "performer" I'd put Michael Jackson's work overall above Sinatra's.

Peace,

Chip

I would have responded sooner to this but I fell out of my chair after losing consciousness. Sinatra.... Michael was great... but they all hold Sinatra to be the standard to which they aspire to be.

BTW... you should feel bad for Bon Jovi. No matter what they ever achieve they will only be able to say that they are the third best musical act from New Jersey.

Frank-Sinatra-and-Michael-Jackson-frank-sinatra-8078451-600-392.jpg

Piffle.

I picked the forum name because I wanted something that didn't have numbers at the end of it. As for the avatar. Evangelion is one of my favorite animes, and it's just what I felt like choosing when I made my profile.

Hrm...I'd agree on the voice, but as far as "performer" I'd put Michael Jackson's work overall above Sinatra's.

Peace,

Chip

I would have responded sooner to this but I fell out of my chair after losing consciousness. Sinatra.... Michael was great... but they all hold Sinatra to be the standard to which they aspire to be.

BTW... you should feel bad for Bon Jovi. No matter what they ever achieve they will only be able to say that they are the third best musical act from New Jersey.

Piffle.

From New Jersey

1 - Sinatra

2 - Springsteen

3 - Bon Jovi

Peace,

Chip

Piffle.

From New Jersey

1 - Sinatra

2 - Springsteen

3 - Bon Jovi

That's not the piffle I meant. To put Sinatra, great as he was, above other musical acts of the 20th century is piffle.

On a secondary note - Bon Jovi are a terrible, terrible band.

Peace,

Chip

Piffle.

From New Jersey

1 - Sinatra

2 - Springsteen

3 - Bon Jovi

That's not the piffle I meant. To put Sinatra, great as he was, above other musical acts of the 20th century is piffle.

They're somewhat worse than that. ;)

Peace,

Chip

Piffle.

From New Jersey

1 - Sinatra

2 - Springsteen

3 - Bon Jovi

They're somewhat worse than that. ;)

lol

In actuality it is like when they rate the presidents. Usually it is Lincoln, Washington and FDR that take the top three spots and depending on the poll shift around those places...

To me, the best of the 20th Century were Sinatra, Elvis and the Beatles. I am accepting of all three as the best the 20th Century had to offer.

In actuality it is like when they rate the presidents. Usually it is Lincoln, Washington and FDR that take the top three spots and depending on the poll shift around those places...

To me, the best of the 20th Century were Sinatra, Elvis and the Beatles. I am accepting of all three as the best the 20th Century had to offer.

This is a bit slanted toward the second half of the century, naturally because that is in our memory and our parents' memories. It's easy for us to forget the influence and impact of performers like Louis Armstrong, Bing Crosby and Billie Holliday, not only in terms of their musical abilities, but in their overall abilities as performers and personalities.

I understand what you mean about preeminence within our times. However, probably any of the recording acts you name would correct you that they are nowhere near some of those who came before them, the stars who were at the forefront of establishing the dominance of recorded music over published music, and further the crossing over of recorded music into radio, movies and TV.