• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did you come up with your forum name and avatar?
4 4

453 posts in this topic

No, Douchewaite would say he could beat everyone using only his balls on the controller.

-slym

No, the story would be about someone he almost knew doing it.

Bingo.

I joined ebay in the fall of 2002, so I could purchase comics online. That was the first time I turned on a computer. comicmike was taken so, I went with comicdonna. My wife. Donna was also interested in comics at the time. Once they started costing more than $15 each, she was out. lol I chose to keep the same name, when I joined here.

The marines called the navy guys squids,and we called them jarheads....when I got out,friends at home called me squidmo..I went on Ebay in1999 and added the 2000 cause that's how far ahead I think....grandfathered my ebay name to here and added the awesome Zuni fetish doll from Trilogy of Terror....and here we are.....

happydog-1.jpg

Edited by squidmo2000

Sheriff Buck (American Gothic) was one of my favorite TV show characters from my youth and I live in New Hampshire.

Because of my love for rescuing small bizarre looking creatures, I thought the Fairpoint Bundle critter was a natural choice for an avatar on here.

born and raised in florida in the early 80s... loved baseball but there was no "hometown team" soooo two local kids were making good with the mets (Dwight Gooden & Darryl Strawberry) so I started following the Mets.

When the mets got baaaaaaad in the 90s I turned my attention to the 60s Mets, including the Miracle Mets of 1969. I spent years reading about those worst to first teams and around that same time (the 90s) the internet was growning, and I started using miraclemet for my IDs...

and I still do.

Never lived in NY. Wasnt alive for the Miracle of '69, but that my name.

and the icon? it was Mr Met for a while, and I have a Mr Met Green Lantern somewhere, but Italian Dr Doom? Winner!

My grandmother had an illicit affair with Lou Gehrig back in '28, and as a result instilled in me a great level of respect and admiration for the man.

So, I use an anagram for ALS and my picture is a metaphor for my posts

The last time you told the story it was about your mother and the Symbionese Liberation Army.

If that were true, I would have a LOT nicer collection

The name and avatar is from "You Can't Do That on Television" a show I watched when I was a kid.

I picked that because I have a young son and I would tell him that Barth worked in all the restaurants we go to. Showed him his picture and said he would come out and yell at him if he didn't eat his food.

Part 1:

When I was a child my Grandmother would tell me stories of her childhood in Poland and going into the forest to gather whatever she could for her family. She always spoke of the sound of the owls. When she was 18/19, she moved to Paris, France to make a better living to support her family back home. This is where my father was born later along with my aunt and uncles.

This is why she spoke a version of what I called 'Franco-American'... she would combine English words with French words and when she told her stories of her childhood in Poland (born in 1908) she would emphasize "il ya des hiboux dans la forêt, comme ça... Hoo-Hoo"

That translates to: "There were owls in the forest, like this... Hoo-Hoo".

So that always stuck with me as I grew older and owls seemed to follow me. Learned about totem animals in one of 'those moments' and mine happened to be the Barn Owl. So why is my avatar a Great Horned? I guess I just like the picture!

Part 2:

Right before I joined here, I was a little into WoW (World of Warcraft) and my character's name was HIBOU.

Part 3:

I like turtles ... owls. :)

I once aspired to have my own comic shop and thought this would be a good name. Comical Gems

and the avatar ? :popcorn:

The White Queen is stupid hot!

Fixed that for you! lol

Seriously, she was stupid hot as a villain, but as a "teacher" she is just ridiculous. I recall the observations Magneto made in New Mutants #51 and still wonder about what Marvel has been doing for 20 years or so… ;)

Avatar = Logo for Chessie railroad systems. I think the logo is cool and the trains would captivate me as they roared past my parents house when I was a child.

That is awesome, I thought it was some Donald Duck-like character posing as Batman or so… :D