• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, now with Copper being HOT, is it okay to overpay for a Copper collection?

98 posts in this topic

Amazing how books that were popular in 1987-1992 are spiking now. You don't say.

Once again, The Rule of 25 holds. It ALWAYS holds.

And you paid 28 cents each for a high grade Copper collection with multiple keys? Quit whining. lol

So, what are the 1995 - 2000 keys that we need to start loading up on? I was not really buying new stuff back then so I am at a loss for what was "key".

Amazing how books that were popular in 1987-1992 are spiking now. You don't say.

And you paid 28 cents each for a high grade Copper collection with multiple keys? Quit whining. lol

So, what are the 1995 - 2000 keys that we need to start loading up on? I was not really buying new stuff back then so I am at a loss for what was "key".

pm sent

I should post scans of some of the stuff from the new collection, nothing "earth shaking" but fun nevertheless. I've already set aside two shortboxes of "submission" worthy books from the last few months of purchases.

Its good to hear that Copper stuff has been been selling well, even raw. I know I have multiple copies of ASM 361, the Wolverine mini-series, Miller Bat-Mans and what not in my $3-$10 longboxes. They didn't make the cut for slabbing, but I've priced them to move, and many are still 9.0-9.4 type books. Hopefully, they will find a new home come next month.

pm sent

Send me one too please, I might've missed something. :wishluck::foryou:

Keep in mind that the people who read comics back then are now making video games, TV shows, and movies. And if they make stories based on comics, they'll use characters and stories they grew up with. If that continues, then these characters and storylines will continue to stay on peoples radar, which is why I think that will continue to drive up sales. Sure, the crazy 9.8 prices will come down, but I think the values will stay consistent.

pm sent

What's in it for me ? :baiting:

just kidding....pm on it's way

:whistle:

The book that I still can't believe is Secret Wars 8. Andy Cretella had a pile of them (maybe 12-15) at CCE last year. We sold 4 or 5 at $15. No resistance. I bumped them up to $20 and sold several more. I think I bumped them again to $25, and a guy bought the last four for $80 after "haggling" with me. lol

He had been sent to the table by the second guy who couldn't believe that we had multiples of that book.

It is really amazing to behold. The last time I bought SW8 in bulk, they were a quarter a piece, and he was glad to get it.

While the info in this thread is mind-boggling for me, I feel like I'm missing the boat as far as making some cash on comics. I'm going to be coming into a nice sum of money soon and want to see if I can't make some cash here. I don't need much...if I profit $150-200 a week from it it will be huge for my family. I certainly don't mind putting in the time...hey, it's comics! :)

Can anyone give some other advice maybe not given in the thread here?

Peace,

Chip

The book that I still can't believe is Secret Wars 8. Andy Cretella had a pile of them (maybe 12-15) at CCE last year. We sold 4 or 5 at $15. No resistance. I bumped them up to $20 and sold several more. I think I bumped them again to $25, and a guy bought the last four for $80 after "haggling" with me. lol

He had been sent to the table by the second guy who couldn't believe that we had multiples of that book.

It is really amazing to behold. The last time I bought SW8 in bulk, they were a quarter a piece, and he was glad to get it.

This whole thread is blowing my mind. Guess its time to start paying attention to coppers (shrug)

While the info in this thread is mind-boggling for me, I feel like I'm missing the boat as far as making some cash on comics. I'm going to be coming into a nice sum of money soon and want to see if I can't make some cash here. I don't need much...if I profit $150-200 a week from it it will be huge for my family. I certainly don't mind putting in the time...hey, it's comics! :)

Can anyone give some other advice maybe not given in the thread here?

Peace,

Chip

Send me the $150-200 a week and I will send you enough Copper to make some bread.

pm sent

With the way print runs bottomed out in the late 90's I can only imagine how crazy those prices will get.

Just my two cents. Now go out and CGC some later issues of New Warriors and Darkhawk so I can buy them! :sumo:

My most recent collection purchase had a full NM run of both titles. (thumbs u

I never knew New Warriors or Darkhawk lasted as long as they did. hm

I'll take the minty ones for a couple bucks a piece! (thumbs u

Ultimate Spider-Man #1. :P

pm sent

send me one too!

pm sent

send me one too!

What am I...chopped liver? lol Send me one if it's not too much of a hassle....

pm sent

send me one too!

What am I...chopped liver? lol Send me one if it's not too much of a hassle....

I'll take one, too please. (thumbs u

I'll say this:

I'm 33 years old. For the last six years I buy every copy of Xmen 221 266 282, NM 87 98, X Factor 6, ASM 300, Darkhawk 1 that I see at a LCS or wherever. I'm compelled to buy these books every single time I see them. Within the last year I've added Booster Gold 1 to the list.

Copper is worthwhile