• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Early Amazing AZ Comic Con Thread

181 posts in this topic

One week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still sorting out books but it looks like I will be bringing:

$1 boxes- 44 longs full of Bronze, Copper, and some Moderns- most will be main Marvel and DC but also Gold Key, Atlas, Humor, War, Western and more;

$2- 12 boxes, maybe more- same as above except most are Bronze with some SAs;

$5- 3 boxes each M & DC, 1 box misc.;

Sets- probably 18 boxes of sets and runs from Bronze to Modern- most will average $1 per book for the set/run; Note: I have many longer runs like Spec. & Web of Spider-man, ASMs, and more- if you are attending and looking for a nice run of a specific titles, please PM me as I will not be bringing them to the Con;

Priced books- approximately 40 longs priced from $10-80 of all main titles and lots of Disney, War, Western, etc. (7 of these will be half off boxes; discounts on the rest);

Better books- I will have several boxes of SA and Bronze starting at around $75 up to $750 or so with most in Mylars or Mylite 2s- lots of nice X-men, ASM, FF and more (not as many DCs);

Key issues- my Boards will be overflowing with nice books including;

ASM- 1-4.5, 5.0, 2-5.5, 8.0, 10, 14-4.5, 252, 300-9.4 and lots more;

Avengers- 1 raw 4.0/4.5, 4-7.5

CA- 100- several copies;

DD 1- 5.0, 7.0;

FF- 1-6.0, 10, 48, 50

Iron Man- 1- 6.5, 7.5, 9.2;

Marvel Sptlight 5- 9.2;

New Mutants 98- two 9.6s;

Thor 126-9.2;

X-men- lats of raw and CGC- both SA and Bryne run;

These are just a few of the great books I will have at this Con.

I will also have many of the hot books like Tales of the Teen Titans 44, AV 54 & 55, Hulk annual 5, Marvel Premiere 1, 2, 15, 47, and many more.

I hope to see some of you at the Con- discounts for Board members!

Ed

What's the name of your booth? Looking forward to Amazing!

One week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still sorting out books but it looks like I will be bringing:

$1 boxes- 44 longs full of Bronze, Copper, and some Moderns- most will be main Marvel and DC but also Gold Key, Atlas, Humor, War, Western and more;

$2- 12 boxes, maybe more- same as above except most are Bronze with some SAs;

$5- 3 boxes each M & DC, 1 box misc.;

Sets- probably 18 boxes of sets and runs from Bronze to Modern- most will average $1 per book for the set/run; Note: I have many longer runs like Spec. & Web of Spider-man, ASMs, and more- if you are attending and looking for a nice run of a specific titles, please PM me as I will not be bringing them to the Con;

Priced books- approximately 40 longs priced from $10-80 of all main titles and lots of Disney, War, Western, etc. (7 of these will be half off boxes; discounts on the rest);

Better books- I will have several boxes of SA and Bronze starting at around $75 up to $750 or so with most in Mylars or Mylite 2s- lots of nice X-men, ASM, FF and more (not as many DCs);

Key issues- my Boards will be overflowing with nice books including;

ASM- 1-4.5, 5.0, 2-5.5, 8.0, 10, 14-4.5, 252, 300-9.4 and lots more;

Avengers- 1 raw 4.0/4.5, 4-7.5

CA- 100- several copies;

DD 1- 5.0, 7.0;

FF- 1-6.0, 10, 48, 50

Iron Man- 1- 6.5, 7.5, 9.2;

Marvel Sptlight 5- 9.2;

New Mutants 98- two 9.6s;

Thor 126-9.2;

X-men- lats of raw and CGC- both SA and Bryne run;

These are just a few of the great books I will have at this Con.

I will also have many of the hot books like Tales of the Teen Titans 44, AV 54 & 55, Hulk annual 5, Marvel Premiere 1, 2, 15, 47, and many more.

I hope to see some of you at the Con- discounts for Board members!

Ed

What's the name of your booth? Looking forward to Amazing!

He is Ed Robertson’s Comics: 401, 403, 500, 502

Some of the best deals at the Con

Any discounts for board members?

Always- just let Mike or I know who you are on the Boards. Deals vary on what one buys but lots of nice books or over 40 longs of $1 books- something for everyone! :banana:

Ed

I can vouch for Ed Robertson (robocard) as one of the "good guy" dealers in this country.

I have done countless deals with Ed, and he would be the only reason I would even drive from San Diego to Phoenix for this show.

Ed is the best dealer in AZ, hands down!

Thanks for the props! I have been told I "put the deal in dealer". :gossip:

Hope you find some nice books at Terry's show.

Long day yesterday loading in and setting up. Mike and I are ready to roll and will be at the Con around noon if not earlier. Please introduce yourself and remember:

Discounts to Board Members!

Ed

Got to meet Ken tonight and bother him for a while! Great dude to talk to, great insight into Todd's upcoming adventures which I'm looking forward to, and I'm already digging my new Todd t-shirt. If you're in phoenix for the con, he's not on the schedule but he is at booth 416 across from cgc.

144353.jpg.3154e16cd1019ffc4891194725efba68.jpg

Comic con is approaching fast! This is going to be my first time attending a con AND cosplaying. Any one here going as well? I'll be Zatanna Zatara and my sisters will be Sailor Scouts. Would love to hear about other cosplayers that will be there :)

Feel free to also give me a few tips on going to comic con, since i'm a newbie!

Welcome to the boards. Tip #1 Save all of your comic money to spend at Ed's booth, he has the best comics at the best prices.

Tip #2 After that, swing by my booth, we have the most interesting heated debates over comic minutia these are free or at least discounted for board members. Just look for this guy:

MikesLogoSkeleton.gif

Tip 3- Believe everything Mike says about me :acclaim: Okay maybe lol

Tip 4- If you do not see what you are looking for, ask for help. If the seller does not offer you help then you are at the wrong booths. Repeat Tips 1 & 2 :headbang:

Ed Robertson

Can anyone help with some clarification on Kirkman signings? CGC rep told me that they don't have a witness at the VIP signings. I have to give them the books and they have them signed for a $10 charge (Kirkman tax). That sound accurate?

If that's the case I can manage it. But can I really not have the 8-10 signatures on walking dead package CGC'd. Also, is there a cap on how many items signed aside from your bank account? 2c2c2c2c2c2c

So far cons looking great! Everyone is crazy friendly. Mikes rack even tossed me a few mylars on his dime (will get you back with some shopping and to claim my reward :tonofbricks: )

Got to meet Ken tonight and bother him for a while! Great dude to talk to, great insight into Todd's upcoming adventures which I'm looking forward to, and I'm already digging my new Todd t-shirt. If you're in phoenix for the con, he's not on the schedule but he is at booth 416 across from cgc.

Drat! I walked right by this booth and didn't realize it! I was too busy trying to wrestle info out of CGC :slapfight:

Today was the only day I was able to attend, but got a chance to meet Ken; he was a cool dude. I also picked up some sweet books from Mikes Rack and Ed (Robocard). The highlight of the day was Mike being jealous with my Batman OA purchase :devil: