• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Early Amazing AZ Comic Con Thread

181 posts in this topic

Comic con is approaching fast! This is going to be my first time attending a con AND cosplaying. Any one here going as well? I'll be Zatanna Zatara and my sisters will be Sailor Scouts. Would love to hear about other cosplayers that will be there :)

Feel free to also give me a few tips on going to comic con, since i'm a newbie!

Welcome to the boards. Tip #1 Save all of your comic money to spend at Ed's booth, he has the best comics at the best prices.

Tip #2 After that, swing by my booth, we have the most interesting heated debates over comic minutia these are free or at least discounted for board members. Just look for this guy:

MikesLogoSkeleton.gif

Tip 3- Believe everything Mike says about me :acclaim: Okay maybe lol

Tip 4- If you do not see what you are looking for, ask for help. If the seller does not offer you help then you are at the wrong booths. Repeat Tips 1 & 2 :headbang:

Ed Robertson

I can vouch for Ed having great books for great prices. Not only high end books, but many of his $1 & $2 books would be in most dealers $5 boxes.

Sadly, I may miss this years AACC due to a work conflict :sorry:

I've attended all others since the beginning & it's a fun con.

Would anyone know if we would have to submit books for SS by Kirkman to CGC for a private signing ($10 per book) like they did this past SDCC?

Or can we get them signed personally by Kirkman and then submit them to CGC? Hopefully the latter option so I can also meet him AND get my books graded :)

Thanks!

WDFan- this is completely up to Skybound, and we are awaiting their answer. I would favor the later option as well because it makes the event more personalized.

With that said, with RObert's demand on the floor and the limited time he is there, we are working hard to accommodate as many people as possible.

One week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still sorting out books but it looks like I will be bringing:

$1 boxes- 44 longs full of Bronze, Copper, and some Moderns- most will be main Marvel and DC but also Gold Key, Atlas, Humor, War, Western and more;

$2- 12 boxes, maybe more- same as above except most are Bronze with some SAs;

$5- 3 boxes each M & DC, 1 box misc.;

Sets- probably 18 boxes of sets and runs from Bronze to Modern- most will average $1 per book for the set/run; Note: I have many longer runs like Spec. & Web of Spider-man, ASMs, and more- if you are attending and looking for a nice run of a specific titles, please PM me as I will not be bringing them to the Con;

Priced books- approximately 40 longs priced from $10-80 of all main titles and lots of Disney, War, Western, etc. (7 of these will be half off boxes; discounts on the rest);

Better books- I will have several boxes of SA and Bronze starting at around $75 up to $750 or so with most in Mylars or Mylite 2s- lots of nice X-men, ASM, FF and more (not as many DCs);

Key issues- my Boards will be overflowing with nice books including;

ASM- 1-4.5, 5.0, 2-5.5, 8.0, 10, 14-4.5, 252, 300-9.4 and lots more;

Avengers- 1 raw 4.0/4.5, 4-7.5

CA- 100- several copies;

DD 1- 5.0, 7.0;

FF- 1-6.0, 10, 48, 50

Iron Man- 1- 6.5, 7.5, 9.2;

Marvel Sptlight 5- 9.2;

New Mutants 98- two 9.6s;

Thor 126-9.2;

X-men- lats of raw and CGC- both SA and Bryne run;

These are just a few of the great books I will have at this Con.

I will also have many of the hot books like Tales of the Teen Titans 44, AV 54 & 55, Hulk annual 5, Marvel Premiere 1, 2, 15, 47, and many more.

I hope to see some of you at the Con- discounts for Board members!

Ed

My 7 year old wants a my little pony drawing. Does anyone know how much Tony Fleecs charges?

at LBCC he was doing it for free if the child was there and asked for it.

Which is the way it should be. My son (10) gets free stuff offered whenever he goes to the conventions with me. In most cases I end up buying something or add a little extra if I'm getting something done as well.

Hanging out in Phoenix- Sunny and 77 during the day, Mild and AMAZING!

Walk a few blocks tonight in my shorts, flip flops, and a light sweatshirt-

this is how going to a convention in the middle of winter SHOULD BE!

Any word on how Kirkman's availability will be handled? Will non VIP's have a chance to get sig's?

Hanging out in Phoenix- Sunny and 77 during the day, Mild and AMAZING!

Walk a few blocks tonight in my shorts, flip flops, and a light sweatshirt-

this is how going to a convention in the middle of winter SHOULD BE!

Any word on how Kirkman's availability will be handled? Will non VIP's have a chance to get sig's?

It's listed on the site.

And now I have to pack shorts!

Sweet! Looks like we should have some knobby knees in attendance this weekend. Not to mention the cosplay girls can skimpy it up some!

I'll be hitting the road from Vegas early Friday. I can't wait to have some books signed by the Walkind Dead guests and slabbed by the good folks at CGC. Bring on the Amazing!

Sweet! Looks like we should have some knobby knees in attendance this weekend. Not to mention the cosplay girls can skimpy it up some!

I'll be hitting the road from Vegas early Friday. I can't wait to have some books signed by the Walkind Dead guests and slabbed by the good folks at CGC. Bring on the Amazing!

Newbie zings Jeff, swing by the booth for your reward. hm