• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What cool books did you buy in Chicago?

176 posts in this topic

I had a great time at the Chicago show this year.Saw many of my favorite boardies my favorite boardie, and bought lots of comics.

I'm afraid I will bring down the average on books posted in this thread pretty significantly. Fortunately, what I lack in quality, I make up in quantity lol

:hi:

:jokealert:

My new favorite boardie :)

Congrats to all who bought books at Chi town. They're all beauties! I wanna low what cool books did you see at the show? Any Action 1's, Tec 27's, etc?

Here's a Tec 27 for you...

Image_zpsc68413bb.jpg

Thanks! I did see those books in SDCC as well. Always great to see books of that magnitude (worship)

Congrats to all who bought books at Chi town. They're all beauties! I wanna low what cool books did you see at the show? Any Action 1's, Tec 27's, etc?

Here's a Tec 27 for you...

Image_zpsc68413bb.jpg

Thanks! I did see those books in SDCC as well. Always great to see books of that magnitude (worship)

Metropolis had a really cool Action Comics #1 CGC 5.0 and a TEC #31 CGC 1.8 that I believe are in some of their upcoming auction in Sept. I didnt get pics but it was cool to see them in person!!!! This was by far my favorite book I saw at the show...not sure if it was at San Diego or not as I was not there.

9491485924_bdb108609f_c.jpg

And the book that made my show. Been looking for a decent copy of this one for a long time...

Scan-130811-0009_zps947d21fd.jpg

Very Cool book CONGRATS!!! :applause: Tryin to find the subtle differences between the book being read and the actual background of the cover itself is provocative enough to stare at for hours (thumbs u

And I've always loved this cover, so I just had to snap it up from Harley

CaptainAmerica27_zps9365c470.jpg

Good to see you in Chicago, hope to see you in Baltimore. Love your choice in books (thumbs u

The highlight of the show of course was seeing all my geek buddies, but I did pick up a couple of golden age comics this weekend.

I tried to mix it up a little

Detective85_zps048697a3.jpg

Love the writing on the cover of this one. Totally adds to the charm of the book!

The Tall Texan from Bedrock Comics sold me a double handful of nice SA books, plus a couple Supersnipes. Thanks Richard!

Ted from Superworld gave me a deal on Showcases and TOS. Ditto Ted!

Bob Storms managed to lure my credit card out of my wallet when he showed me early affordable Actions, I gulped a bit and grabbed about a dozen between issue 34 and 81. Look for a sales thread SOON, I gotta pay for them, lol

And the best deal? Bought it on The WAY to the convention.

Spotted a craigslist ad the night before,, pulled off the highway enroute to take a look, and scored just over 100 books. apx 40 moderns, but including nice runs of Hulk in the 270's, Spidey from 230 to 250 or so, including the 238 and 239, a handful of Gold Keys, etc.....and Just Over Sixty Coverless Golden Age Books. A handful of books from 1937, the rest from 1945/1946.

Highlights include Cap 46, All Select 7, Action 86, Detective 88 & 100, Catman 22, Blue Beetle 27, 31, 38, Bulletman 14, Terrific 1, Star Spangled 58, Funny Picture Stories 1 #6, a nice handful of Fawcetts, and the true gem:

Detective Comics 2.

Thanks to Mark Hespel (sp?) for the identification, he was spot on!

I am a happy man.

Got some stuff graded on site which I was very happy with but one book did catch my eye all weekend long! Thanks to Gator for working it out for me to add this one to my box ximage_zpsf58d6301.jpg

yay! I told you The Gator would work with you on it. I'm happy you picked it up Chris :applause:

Got some stuff graded on site which I was very happy with but one book did catch my eye all weekend long! Thanks to Gator for working it out for me to add this one to my box ximage_zpsf58d6301.jpg

Nice looking Cap