• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AUGUST COMIC LINK AUCTION

156 posts in this topic

Alright, let's get this party started. Got 17 bids on the pieces I REALLY want to keep an eye on and then a bunch more I will check back in on 2 days before auction end to see if they are worth going after. I feel like I may go harder on pieces on this auction than in the last Heritage auction. More stuff in this one that fits into my budgetary constraints (or so I hope).

This auction has some ridiculous stuff in it. I also have consigned several pieces as I'm raising money for some things in life that are unrelated to comics. So bid early and often :baiting:

There's also a number of pieces I may bid on even though I'm supposed to be raising dough not spending it :insane:

IMHO, this is one of the deepest auctions I've seen on ComicLink. I'm curious to know what others think. And what piques their interest the most. hm

Oh and here's a link in case you haven't seen the lot list:

ComicLink August Featured Auction: Original Art

Agreed on the depth of this auction. I have heard from my collectors that there are more stuff in Clink that interests them vs. the recent HA.

The stuff I want have reserves, so hopefully the reserves are reasonable.

Malvin

I am pretty sure I put in a bid for those Stelfreeze covers waaaaaaay back when in Comic Buyer's Guide. I could be wrong but they look like the ones. They are sweet!

Even though it's not OA related.

The only 10.0 copy of New Mutants 98 is in this auction, that's going to be one to watch from the sidelines... a comic with just an insane print run, that were all bagged and boarded... how high will it go? Already closing in on 9k.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dnew%2Bmutants%26x%3D-140%26y%3D-438%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_975235&id=975235

Even though it's not OA related.

The only 10.0 copy of New Mutants 98 is in this auction, that's going to be one to watch from the sidelines... a comic with just an insane print run, that were all bagged and boarded... how high will it go? Already closing in on 9k.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dnew%2Bmutants%26x%3D-140%26y%3D-438%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_975235&id=975235

Brian is probably doing this right now. :banana:

I may be in the minority on this, but I was extremely underwhelmed by the material in this auction. Quantity, yes. Quality...? Not so much.

This one has a lot of material in it but for my collecting interest pretty limited but the few in my realm are really spectacular but given the prices already, I doubt I will get anything.

The one thing I was surprised at was the next auction has the Spiderman 189 cover in it. This one just sold for a healthy premium over the previous sale on Heritage.

I may be in the minority on this, but I was extremely underwhelmed by the material in this auction. Quantity, yes. Quality...?

Was a bit nervous that comicLink listed my 2 Grell Warlord splashes in an auction that already had 3 other Grell splashes/cover, but bids seem consistently strong, and the better character splash is already (thumbs u over eBay valuation two (2) days into the auction. Quality OA will bring out the active bidders. :idea:

Bids are climbing pretty high pretty early... I guess because there is no live aspect to the auction, you have to put in a fairly strong bid in case you can't wait for the last hour or so. Doesn't hurt wither that the auction is not staggered and so you can't really "snipe" unless you are focused on just one piece.

The items close at a stagger, but it is a very short interval between the lots (25-27secs). I think that this auction is very heavy on the Copper Kids wheel house and that seems to be where the market is the hottest. Lots of pieces and the quality is very high on mid-80s to early 90s stuff - there are a lot of grails in there, many of which are fresher to market.

It will be interesting, but I think that what is occurring with all the early bidding is that some people are interested in multiple lots and are trying to gauge the competition so as to focus their pursuit.

I think this is the largest offering of OA Comiclink has put together, I will say that one of the limiting factors in CL auctions for me is the necessity to have it all up front, especially when their are multiple lots of interest.

2c