• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Wilson and PGC

96 posts in this topic

The Heart girls put on a mean show back in '87. Anne and Nancy Wilson.

:whatev:

They still do.

:o

Still touring????

Anne would need a bus just to carry her these days.

They did a great cover of Stairway to Heaven on the Kennedy Center Honors last December.

They still do.

Still touring????

They did a great cover of Stairway to Heaven on the Kennedy Center Honors last December.

Ugh. That was diarrhea to my ears.

They still do.

Still touring????

Ugh. That was diarrhea to my ears. [/quote

I thought it was a great rendition. The guys from Led Zep sure seemed to enjoy it. (shrug)

They still do.

Still touring????

That's mean.

They still do.

Still touring????

I liked it too. I got raked over the coals about that song a few months ago in the Watercooler.

It's not Zep by a long shot, but it's a pretty impressive version of the song.

And she still has a wicked set of pipes.

They still do.

Still touring????

I liked it too. I got raked over the coals about that song a few months ago in the Watercooler.

It's not Zep by a long shot, but it's a pretty impressive version of the song.

And she still has a wicked set of pipes.

You get raked over the coals for everything. Jeff and I carry much more weight. :sumo:

I thought it blasphemous to remake that song at all, then to do it in such an over-the-top manner just added salt to the wound. There was no soul or new take on it. Just whatserface screaming loudly. It was like bad karaoke with someone who wants you to know they can sing. (speaking of karaoke, let's book it next show!)

And last but not least....Wilson

-the adorable and loyal companion of Tom Hanks in "Castaway"

This Wilson was clearly the weakest of the restorers. The color-touch was clearly done with cheap magic marker, and it was cleaned with simple salt-water... never a good idea.

And last but not least....Wilson

-the adorable and loyal companion of Tom Hanks in "Castaway"

This Wilson was clearly the weakest of the restorers. The color-touch was clearly done with cheap magic marker, and it was cleaned with simple salt-water... never a good idea.

But his rudimentary technique gave the books that endearing look and feel of unprofessionalism.

(speaking of karaoke, let's book it next show!)

Just name the how and it's a done deal. :headbang:

[font:Times New Roman]Will the board be treated to the YouTube video?[/font] :devil:

You don't think I'd let you steal my attention whore thunder, do you?

Just saw this thread. I've had bad experiences with raw books purchased from Mark Wilson of ebay's dizneyart. IMO one of Mark's MO's is to lure suckers (me) into buying purportedly hi-grade raw books that he knows will grade much lower than they look and as are advertised. His claims as "unrestored" stick but the cgc grades are far lower than what he advertised. "Sucker" here means a grader of average ability. I did not detect the subtle detractions that cgc did but I firmly believe Mark knew quite well how the books would grade out.

My advice: take advantage of my large losses and use them as a warning to stay clear of him.

Just saw this thread. I've had bad experiences with raw books purchased from Mark Wilson of ebay's dizneyart. IMO one of Mark's MO's is to lure suckers (me) into buying purportedly hi-grade raw books that he knows will grade much lower than they look and as are advertised. His claims as "unrestored" stick but the cgc grades are far lower than what he advertised. "Sucker" here means a grader of average ability. I did not detect the subtle detractions that cgc did but I firmly believe Mark knew quite well how the books would grade out.

My advice: take advantage of my large losses and use them as a warning to stay clear of him.

Remember that at one time in the past, Wilson's reputation was so bad that he dropped from selling for a while, only to resurface with just CGC books (because seemingly no one would buy a comic from him otherwise).

Now he and his spawn (e.g., collectors_comics) are (ap)plying the Reverse Spine Roll technique for fun and profit.

Yet guys like Wilson and Beerbohm and Dupcak continue to flourish on ebay. Go figure.

Remember that at one time in the past, Wilson's reputation was so bad that he dropped from selling for a while, only to resurface with just CGC books (because seemingly no one would buy a comic from him otherwise).

Now he and his spawn (e.g., collectors_comics) are (ap)plying the Reverse Spine Roll technique for fun and profit.

Yet guys like Wilson and Beerbohm and Dupcak continue to flourish on ebay. Go figure.

you can probably add rip-off artist Wilheml Uthe ...

Ok, new to this particular controversy. If some one can explain 'spine manipulation(reversal) and how it is done in a few short but descriptive sentences, would be appreciated.

:roflmao:

It is where someone artificially introduces a spine roll to push defects to that back cover and get a higher grade. Book looks pretty bad but there is a bigger number on the label and at the end of the day, that's all that matters. (thumbs u