• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

post your favorite romance covers
4 4

636 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

youngromance26.jpg

These are all great.  They really got the romance genre rolling.

Kirby did like to draw women with skinny arms, though, didn't he? hm

33 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Skinny arms and pronounced cheek bones.

1 minute ago, MrBedrock said:
35 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Skinny arms and pronounced cheek bones.

And wasp waists. 

41 minutes ago, szavisca said:

593df3f93205e_teenagesexclub2.jpg.4b6dd7ca6adafb3a42f27fe184d9673a.jpg

My apologies if this one's already been posted, there's a lotta broken links on here for me.  Aside from the fact that I love this one for the "Teen-age Sex Club" story (I mean, how did they get away with putting this on a comic book cover in the 50's), I love the drawing as well...classic creepy farmer walks in on his daughter taking a roll in the hayloft.

Was wondering when this would show up (and for the same reasons you cited). Totally still a 'sleeper'. My copy is a vg, but yours is stunning. Classic cover for the 'sex' story listed on the cover and the peeping tom farmer/roll in the hay couple. (worship)

18 minutes ago, szavisca said:

Thanks, I didn't even know this existed till a few months ago,  and I was like ...I totally have to get that... and was shocked and felt lucky that I got it for as low a price as I did.

The Harvey romance gets overlooked because of the reason @MrBedrock pointed out,  but that issue is a standout 

On 6/11/2017 at 5:00 PM, MrBedrock said:

youngromance11.jpg

Great Simon + Kirby covers! Thanks for posting them. One thing surprising is how static the figures are on many of these - straight upright. Compare them to the Elias Harvey covers. The couple singing in the cover above look positively dynamic since they are leaning slightly.

Just picked this up on ebay. It was over guide I'm sure, but not all that expensive in the scheme of things. I was kind of surprised I was the only bidder, as you never see this book. I picked up Girls In Love #54 years ago, which reprinted the cover story with a title change, as well as some text changes due to topicality. I look forward to comparing the two versions. 

59409e762d1d9_lovesecrets32.thumb.jpg.358a0ab50969771a13b7be974e8bf917.jpg