• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

post your favorite romance covers
4 4

636 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, telerites said:

I have bought from Earl before but he is not the most forthcoming when asking questions.  I took it as not trying to hide anything as more laziness to go back and look at a book to answer a question.  Kind of like the pictures he posts of books while kicked back in a recliner so you can see his legs and bare feet but he does get some rarer books (usually lower grade).  

Not to rag on him too much, but after I sent him my question, he posted additional photos of the book -- while not answering the question.  I'll hazard a guess that he had received other questions about the book as well.  Rather than answer the questions he posted more photos.  All it would have taken was a "No, the book isn't brittle" or "Yes, the cover seems to be a bit brittle with some flaking."  

3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Not to rag on him too much, but after I sent him my question, he posted additional photos of the book -- while not answering the question.  I'll hazard a guess that he had received other questions about the book as well.  Rather than answer the questions he posted more photos.  All it would have taken was a "No, the book isn't brittle" or "Yes, the cover seems to be a bit brittle with some flaking."  

Agreed.  Considering many of the books he lists but provides little detail and the dreaded "see pics for description" is not the greatest service.  It would be nice if he could be more explicit with condition details.  Again, I do not think he is attempting to hide or not disclose any issues purposely but it is a gamble as almost all of his listings are raw books.   I have seen him point out major issues in some cases too.

17 minutes ago, telerites said:

Agreed.  Considering many of the books he lists but provides little detail and the dreaded "see pics for description" is not the greatest service.  It would be nice if he could be more explicit with condition details.  Again, I do not think he is attempting to hide or not disclose any issues purposely but it is a gamble as almost all of his listings are raw books.   I have seen him point out major issues in some cases too.

That is just lazy and sloppy. Earl knows better and is a stand up dealer. I guess he figures with the cool books he seems to turn up that the suckers are willing to take the chance. I'm willing to let a cool book go rather than to chance it on a sketchy or no description. You gotta have more than a camera photo or two to make me pay up.

2 hours ago, Yorick said:

Love that guy's expression in the background.  What's the deal with the stamp numbers?

I don't know the exact origins but a batch of these have remained together through a number of folks hands. I imagine the stamp is some kind of distributor or store code.

4 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

What caused you to stop collecting the LB Cole romance covers?

There were several reasons. When I started collecting Cole covers my goal was to have a complete high grade set of all the Star books. After 11 years I only had 6 of the romance books and I realized that I would never have all of them.

It also seemed like someone else wanted them a little more than I did. Whenever a nice copy would show up I was always the under bidder.

The last reason was the cost of the pch books on my want list keep going up and I just couldn't afford to collect everything.

Of course now that they are gone I wish I had kept them!

2 hours ago, lbcolefan said:

There were several reasons. When I started collecting Cole covers my goal was to have a complete high grade set of all the Star books. After 11 years I only had 6 of the romance books and I realized that I would never have all of them.

It also seemed like someone else wanted them a little more than I did. Whenever a nice copy would show up I was always the under bidder.

The last reason was the cost of the pch books on my want list keep going up and I just couldn't afford to collect everything.

How often have we all said some variation of those two statements? :)

3 hours ago, lbcolefan said:

That all makes perfect sense. Beautiful books, very hard to come by.

10 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

lovesecrets37.jpg

You have been posting up a storm of steamy romance. :applause:

Forget Dr Love, you are the new Queen of Romance!

52 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

:blush:

3 hours ago, adamstrange said:

Dr. Love serves the Queen of Romance, as best his temperament allows.  There is this

HauntedLove03fc_zpser5agsm2.jpg

and there is that

LoveLetters01c100_zps4bce9136.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love