• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

post your favorite romance covers
4 4

636 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

Talk about stuff you should have thought of ahead of time! :)

Something tells me he's not exactly thinking about the marriage thing at this point in the story, sporting those inviting leather-bucket seats...

Beautiful books, Mr Bedrock! :applause:

22 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

romanticconfessionsv1-9.jpg

This book is such a winner!  :headbang:  The background palette of the grey and light purple is wonderful, the transition subtle.  And the work - this is John Prentice's finest cover, imho.  The open interior of the car is inspired, Toth-like in removing that boundary and the execution very Andru/Esposito-ish as well.

Besides Hillman and some outstanding crime covers, Prentice also did some great stuff for DC in '55/'56 - they thought highly enough of him to give him the introduction work for some new titles - My Greatest Adventure (love his #1), Showcase, Tales of the Unexpected, Frontier Fighters. 

It probably would not have gone well for him in the ensuing years had not fate intervened.  In 1956, Rip Kirby comic strip creator Alex Raymond died suddenly following a car accident. Prentice joined King Features Syndicate as Raymond’s replacement while the strip continued to be written by Fred Dickenson. In the 1980s, Prentice took over writing duties for Rip Kirby as well, continuing the strip until its conclusion in the 1990s.  After a short retirement, he passed away in 1999.

10 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

AcNbuER.jpg

Finally caved in and snagged this one......undercopy was nice, but just not like this one :x GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Jimbo! (thumbsu One of the big romance books, sexual for the genre, and prized for that.  White covers are tough.  A real painted feel.  And a Southern States copy, an unrecognized ped with some very nice romance books. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Iconic cover by Jay Scott Pike, really says 60's Silver in a big wonderful way.  Another great book in Doc Joe's small beautiful romance collection!

9 out of 10 doctors recommend this cover...

4 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Jimbo! (thumbsu One of the big romance books, sexual for the genre, and prized for that.  White covers are tough.  A real painted feel.  And a Southern States copy, an unrecognized ped with some very nice romance books. 

..... I had always liked the eclectic stuff and the "genre" niche, but I admit to being surprised at some of the stuff that turned up in the Southern States collection. So many "odd" books.....all number ones. I think Tyler debuted them on the boards several years ago. I sometimes hear a little grumbling about their prices on eBay, but if one goes to their website, the prices are much better without the eBay fees and such factored in. They have a knack for turning up the stuff that no one else seems to have. If I ever found myself in Florida, their storefront would be a top destination for me. GOD BLESS...

On 6/4/2017 at 6:14 AM, jimjum12 said:

AcNbuER.jpg

Finally caved in and snagged this one......undercopy was nice, but just not like this one :x GOD BLESS...

Wonderful book!

22 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

..... I had always liked the eclectic stuff and the "genre" niche, but I admit to being surprised at some of the stuff that turned up in the Southern States collection. So many "odd" books.....all number ones. I think Tyler debuted them on the boards several years ago. I sometimes hear a little grumbling about their prices on eBay, but if one goes to their website, the prices are much better without the eBay fees and such factored in. They have a knack for turning up the stuff that no one else seems to have. If I ever found myself in Florida, their storefront would be a top destination for me. GOD BLESS...

I've picked up seven or eight SS books.  They are the best available copies of some books and are usually near the top for most others.  Too bad they didn't get CGC recognition so they could be more readily identified.

On 6/3/2017 at 6:22 PM, 29dukedog said:

One of my favorite Ace romance covers.  Love that country girl.  Cowgirls and farmer's daughters.

023.jpg

I just went and bought myself a copy.  Could not resist this cover.  Any idea who did these painted covers?