• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Affleck is Batman!

624 posts in this topic

Too old, too old to begin the training. He'll be like 42 before this is filmed.

That's what Yoda said about Luke...

Yeah and he was laying on the ground crying like a person_without_enough_empathy as the Emperor took it too him. Daddy had to save him.

And out of those 3 who lived? (shrug)

I loved Argo, but thought Ben Affleck was the worst thing about it.

He was the only actor who couldnt pull of 70s.

horrible, horrible actor. His brother, Casey, is much better than he.

(thumbs u

Imagine what this same thread would have been like back in 1989. hm

Michael Keaton is Batman Summer 1989!

Most of you guys would be like....

"What Mr Mom?" :facepalm:

"That goof ball from Gung Ho?" Epic Fail DC :mad:

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

What about when Health Ledger was casted?

How many of you are eating your initial posts. :baiting:

I know I had to. (shrug)

I do know one thing. Ben obviously knows most fans are going to be outraged, so I assume he wants to prove us all wrong.

Everyone take a deep breath, relax, and lets see what Ben will bring to the table. :popcorn:

Imagine what this thread back in 1989 would have been like?

Michael Keaton is Batman Summer 1989!

Most of you guys would be like....

"What Mr Mom?" :facepalm:

"That goof ball from Gung Ho?" Epic Fail DC :mad:

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

What about when Health Ledger was casted?

How many of you are eating your initial posts. :baiting:

I know I had to. (shrug)

I do know one thing. Ben obviously knows most fans are going to be outraged, so I assume he wants to prove us all wrong.

Everyone take a deep breath, relax, and lets see what Ben will bring to the table. :popcorn:

Yeah, like how he was so jacked to do Daredevil. We've seen how this -script plays out. :tonofbricks:

I never thought Ben was a bad Daredevil as much as Collin Farrell was a brutal Bullseye.

This crazy thing happens when an actor does more movies and ages. Sometimes they get better.

Ben has had numerous good acting roles since.

DD was over ten years ago, get over it already. :eyeroll:

I never thought Ben was a bad Daredevil as much as Collin Farrell was a brutal Bullseye.

This crazy thing happens when an actor does more movies and ages. Sometimes they get better.

I'm surprised you're this optimistic this far out from the release of the movie. Oh wait, you'll be telling us how much the movie will suck just from seeing the first trailer that gets released nine months before the movie opens, right? hm

:P

First impulse was I didn't like him for Batman. He has been a pretty good actor over his last few films so I think he might be able to pull this off.

While I didn't like DD, and I thought Affleck was pretty bad, that movie suffered from more problems than his bad acting.

I'm surprised you're this optimistic this far out from the release of the movie. Oh wait, you'll be telling us how much the movie will suck just from seeing the first trailer that gets released nine months before the movie opens, right? hm

:P

Yes. (shrug)

However since this movie is Superman/Batman it is not like Ben is by himself in this.

No trailer yet, why get all up in arms.

I told everyone Wolverine was going to be an epic POS, and it was. (shrug)

I would rather Ben Affleck play Wolverine than Hugh Jokeman.

I think this is a stupid decision! but, in time who knows. Just that picking a "star" like Affleck, is wrong here. They proved Man of Steel could be done with a nobody, so what the next decision? get a questionable acting star for Batman.

ugh. I am SO looking forward to Bens moody comtemplation of the woes of being an orphan tasked with bringing down Superman.

unbelievable.

I think this is a stupid decision! but, in time who knows. Just that picking a "star" like Affleck, is wrong here. They proved Man of Steel could be done with a nobody, so what the next decision? get a questionable acting star for Batman.

ugh. I am SO looking forward to Bens moody comtemplation of the woes of being an orphan tasked with bringing down Superman.

unbelievable.

I totally see your POV.

Lets hope the studios knows something we don't and Ben knocks it out of the park. :wishluck: