• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Affleck is Batman!

624 posts in this topic

Don't forget "Bachelor Party."

-slym

That was a couple years later....after he'd matured a bit. lol

Affleck's career comparison to Bachelor Party, on the time line, would be as George Reeves in Hollywoodland.

Don't forget "Bachelor Party."

-slym

That was a couple years later....after he'd matured a bit. lol

Affleck's career comparison to Bachelor Party, on the time line, would be as George Reeves in Hollywoodland.

I like this timeline stuff...but...

Affleck made Hollywoodland in 2006 at the age of 34, 9 years after doing Good Will Hunting.

I'd say it runs closer to Hanks 'in between' period (age 34-36) with Bonfire of the Vanities, A League of there Own, etc. Hanks was 28 when he made Bachelor Party.

From age 28-33 Hanks made some really enjoyable comedies, beginning with the more sophomoric type and then the Box Office success of the family friendly ones. Affleck did the same kind of sophomoric comedies with Kevin Smith, he just didn't really round the corner successfully with the family friendly ones. (Hanks is just much more likeable that Affleck, at least as far as characters they play.)

If Affleck is truly hitting his stride here in his late 30's, like Hanks did (age 37-43), which he seems to be, then this Batman thing is really a strange choice. He'll be playing that part right about the time Hanks was doing Green Mile and Cast Away in his career, coming off of Philadelphia, Forrest Gump, Apollo 13, and Saving Private Ryan.

Considering he's much slower at making choices than Hanks was, and didn't even make a movie for almost 2 years (2007-2008), he's really going to get behind with everything that goes into doing a superhero movie.

Unless of course 2014 has something special for him or Zack Synder works his magic...

At the rate of how his directing career was going with respected smaller gems like Gone Baby Gone, The Town and Argo, I wasn't expecting Ben to do these kinda huge summer tent-pole movies anymore. If you asked me after winning Best Picture in April what he might do next, I thought he would star and direct in something about Boston killer Charles Stuart next. :shrug:

Okay those who think Ben is a good actor. Lets try this experiment, go to redbox or Netflix. Then rent daredevil. Here we see Ben pretending to be a blind person...lol it's actually sad and funny in a "I should have never been made" type of feeling... Here's an example. What ever Role Tom Hanks gets its usually good. He's a good actor. Clearly Ben isn't a super hero type. If doubts please watch daredevil.

Dang, that's some serious science right there. You've got training for this stuff, right?