• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

It's not the market catching on, PGX books have almost always sold for quite a bit lower than their CGC counterparts.

Considering the popularity of the 3d covers I think 10.0 slabbed books selling for 40-50 dollars is less than is to be expected, even if it is PGX, especially since those were the first to the market.

Yeah, but a PGX 10.0 could be anything from a CGC 6.5-10.0. :tonofbricks:

As for the selling price, it sounds about right for a PGX graded "hot" books. There really is that much of a stigma against PGX. Most collectors would only buy them for what the raw books would normally sell for, sometimes even less.

I won't name the stores, but they are in the SFV

The one store never sold any for cover price, but still had them all days later. They would not sell anything for cover on the Wednesday of issue. Not sure what he was doing for subscribers. This is the same store that would not give me any discount when ordering and prepaying for 30+ new books per month. Since he is the closets store to my home I go in and buy something every few months.

The other store had sold out, but told me that they would not have any to sell for cover

Well, I'm confused on how anyone has a 3-D cover graded yet, unless it was a walk-in, which seems kind of silly. At Baltimore two weeks ago, I was told Modern fast-track is about 1 month right now. That was three days into Week 1 of these covers.

I hope I don't get I trouble for telling you this, but.....

If you include a $20 tip with your sub, it cuts the time in half :gossip:

:whistle:

:ohm

I won't name the stores, but they are in the SFV

The one store never sold any for cover price, but still had them all days later. They would not sell anything for cover on the Wednesday of issue. Not sure what he was doing for subscribers. This is the same store that would not give me any discount when ordering and prepaying for 30+ new books per month. Since he is the closets store to my home I go in and buy something every few months.

The other store had sold out, but told me that they would not have any to sell for cover

Ah, ok - I thought you meant the other stores. The stores I visit were selling them for cover price.

Well, I'm confused on how anyone has a 3-D cover graded yet, unless it was a walk-in, which seems kind of silly. At Baltimore two weeks ago, I was told Modern fast-track is about 1 month right now. That was three days into Week 1 of these covers.

I hope I don't get I trouble for telling you this, but.....

If you include a $20 tip with your sub, it cuts the time in half :gossip:

:whistle:

:ohm

.....or a T.G.I.Fridays gift card lol

It's not the market catching on, PGX books have almost always sold for quite a bit lower than their CGC counterparts.

Considering the popularity of the 3d covers I think 10.0 slabbed books selling for 40-50 dollars is less than is to be expected, even if it is PGX, especially since those were the first to the market.

That's because they aren't 10.0s.

You'll also get burned selling stuff you don't have in hand yet, and your order ends up being allocated to ebay.

I would not sell any of these until I had them in hand. I saw someone on ebay selling the Joker's Daughter in sets of 10 for around $167. They sold at least 30 comics that way and I would be worried what it could cost in potential negative feedback. I hope they get them all

And so it begins....

Neg'ed for non delivery of a

DETECTIVE COMICS #23.2 HARLEY QUINN 3D VARIANT COVER **PREORDER**

ML.

Dial e was hardest to find...cept for Gator

We finally sold out yesterday but took 3 days

yeah but you think that it was harder to find then the OTHER justice leagues 23s?

nope. We actually got less of these. I still have deathstroke on the shelf.

How can you say complete, yet there is no Lobo? I don't like these partial sets on Ebay, because some don't list the missing books.

Nowhere is the title or listing does he say it is complete. (shrug)

At least he shows a picture showing what books a person would be buying.

How can you say complete, yet there is no Lobo? I don't like these partial sets on Ebay, because some don't list the missing books.

Nowhere is the title or listing does he say it is complete. (shrug)

At least he shows a picture showing what books a person would be buying.

To someone that isnt in the know, his title says 25 book "set". To me a set isnt missing anything. He goes on to say ALL. Evasive to say the least

You'll also get burned selling stuff you don't have in hand yet, and your order ends up being allocated to ebay.

I would not sell any of these until I had them in hand. I saw someone on ebay selling the Joker's Daughter in sets of 10 for around $167. They sold at least 30 comics that way and I would be worried what it could cost in potential negative feedback. I hope they get them all

And so it begins....

Neg'ed for non delivery of a

DETECTIVE COMICS #23.2 HARLEY QUINN 3D VARIANT COVER **PREORDER**

ML.

Were you the one doing the Neg'ing or getting Neg'd?