• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Aha!

http://geekbay.com/index-get-your-comics-graded.php

It seems to be an Australian version of CGC.

:grin:

Check out their prices. :eek:

I guess if you are an Aussie and don't want to send your books halfway across the world, they are the best option.

:shrug:

-slym

There are plenty of CGC subscription services on these boards that work out cheaper, including shipping and selecting your 9.8 candidates for you.

Aha!

I guess if you are an Aussie and don't want to send your books halfway across the world, they are the best option.

There are plenty of CGC subscription services on these boards that work out cheaper, including shipping and selecting your 9.8 candidates for you.

I never mentioned price or anything - only that if one didn't want to send their books from Australia to Florida, this would be the best option.

-slym

Aha!

I never mentioned price or anything - only that if one didn't want to send their books from Australia to Florida, this would be the best option.

-slym

True - being a collector of only moderns I tend to forget that there is the stress of sending books that you've looked after for years off to Florida for grading.

If you purely want to grade and preserve your favourite books in your collection, a local grading company like Halo is perfect.

Southerncross - what's the turnaround time like at Halo?

7 days as they are in Brisbane and that's the city where I live, The JLA I bought that off the comic shop down the road from Halo on Saturday. walked up to Halo dropped it off and was back next Saturday and it was ready for me. But in normal workings I'd say 7 to 14 days. I'm not quite sure on exact times.

Because of the stiff covers, these should be plentiful in high grade, 9.9 and 10.0. A 9.8 should bring what a 9.6 normally does, and the 9.9 and 10.0's what a 9.8 usually does. In this case, this will be a book to buy already graded, in about 4 months.

And, after watching 9.9's sell for $35 ($31, $42, $38, $40) range, I think I was finally right about something!

Because of the stiff covers, these should be plentiful in high grade, 9.9 and 10.0. A 9.8 should bring what a 9.6 normally does, and the 9.9 and 10.0's what a 9.8 usually does. In this case, this will be a book to buy already graded, in about 4 months.

And, after watching 9.9's sell for $35 ($31, $42, $38, $40) range, I think I was finally right about something!

:golfclap: