• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

OK . After looking on eBay I see multiple 9.9's and 10's coming from the other grading company. It seems cgc is being much more strict. Which i guess is the norm. What I don't understand is that for the majority of these 3D books, the covers are absolutely flawless. For example, the corners are absolutely square 90 degree angles and the edges are absolutely straight. When I first looked close I was thinking that if there were any book that would be likely to grade a 9.9 or even 10, it would be these books. I honestly cant believe that these are not grading higher than 9.8's. If these books cant grade higher than 9.8, what books can?!!! rantrant

If you saw multiple 9.9's and 10's from PGX, it's because he doesn't grade any new release book lower. :insane: Of course he's going to give his own books the highest grades and be first to market. He buys the books on the day of release, goes to his Mom's garage, slabs the books, puts them on e-bay that night. Guaranteed he'll always be first to market with the highest grades. :facepalm:

Quick question.

Was at my LCS today and they had some 3-D Daasads. They didn't say 2nd printing in the indicia but they had two dates.

Does that mean it's a second print?

hm

Very interesting. If you bought one, can we see the pics ?

Sorry, didn't buy one. Wasn't an issue that really interested me. I only looked at the indicia out of curiosity since it's the only 3-D book he had and he's been sold out pretty much since the second week of this.

Quick question.

Was at my LCS today and they had some 3-D Daasads. They didn't say 2nd printing in the indicia but they had two dates.

hm

Just came back from the LCS and checked out the 3 titles they still had in stock that they got a week or two ago, of the 3, one (Doomsday) did have two dates in it for the printing. Now this is going to be an odd one, it had 09/12/13 like the rest, but it also had next to it 11/29/13 now even if it's a 2nd print which this seem to indicate, it's indicating it was printed 6 weeks from now. I checked my copy that I bought on the day of initial release and it also has 2 dates. Anyone have a reasonable explanation?

The only thing I can guess at is maybe there was a 2nd print of the cover on 09/29 (although that's a Sunday) and they errored on the month?

Quick question.

hm

Just came back from the LCS and checked out the 3 titles they still had in stock that they got a week or two ago, of the 3, one (Doomsday) did have two dates in it for the printing. Now this is going to be an odd one, it had 09/12/13 like the rest, but it also had next to it 11/29/13 now even if it's a 2nd print which this seem to indicate, it's indicating it was printed 6 weeks from now. I checked my copy that I bought on the day of initial release and it also has 2 dates. Anyone have a reasonable explanation?

The only thing I can guess at is maybe there was a 2nd print of the cover on 09/29 (although that's a Sunday) and they errored on the month?

Si.

I know with Marvel, they usually have something to the effect of

"Printed between 09/12/13 and 09/25/13".

In your case, it could be second date could be the date that the issue is to be displayed on shelves until.

With many magazines, they'll have a date like this, telling the stores when they have to pull them off of the shelves.

So, this one could maybe be a newsstand edition (not sure if there were any).

Could also just be a change in the first print run, like near the end of the print run, sometimes there will be slight tweeks.

Quick question.

hm

I have no explanation, but both my Darkseid & Creeper cover have two dates, while my First Born, Black Adam, Bane, Man-Bat, and Penguin do not.

:shrug:

-slym

It's Australian company that certifies comics and other items.

Comics are graded to strict Overstreet grading standards.

If books have restoration found they are not graded. Books missing pages , coupons ect. are graded what they really are and that's .5 poor condition.

The books have paper absorbant placed inside both covers and the books sealed in mylite, Then placed inside handmade plastic case and sealed.

I have just 2 books graded by them and they appear to be good for long term storage.

So my shop has these for me. Said they became available. And, at cover price!

Aquaman #23.2 Ocean Master

Batman #23.3 Penguin, 23.4 Bane

Detective Comics #23.3 Scarecrow

Batman: The Dark Knight #23.1 Ventriloquist, 23.2 Mr. Freeze, 23.3 Clayface

#23.4 Jokers Daughter

Green Lantern #23.1 Relic, 23.2 Mongul, 23.3 Black Hand, 23.4 Sinestro

Justice League of America #7.4 Black Adam

Wonder Woman #23.1 Cheetah, 23.2 First Born