• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Copper Horror Thread
3 3

300 posts in this topic

893applaud-thumb.gif Nice to see the Copper Horror gaining interest!

The Pacific line was some of the best to define Copper Horror. With Bruce Jones at the helm and the selection of talent used, I can see your relation to a modern EC comparison. Thanks for posting the interior art, as sometimes I even forget how good these were!

893applaud-thumb.gif Nice to see the Copper Horror gaining interest!

The Pacific line was some of the best to define Copper Horror. With Bruce Jones at the helm and the selection of talent used, I can see your relation to a modern EC comparison. Thanks for posting the interior art, as sometimes I even forget how good these were!

Ahh.. Pacific Comics hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif They really had some wonderful books didn't they.. Skateman notwithstanding smile.gif

on to # 3, featuring the second Corben cover of the series (he did a total of three):

tt038df.jpg

Corben also did the lead story (my favourite in this issue) which features a very nice twist ending..

tt03a010xq.jpg

second story - art by Doug Wildey:

tt03b019xg.jpg

third story has nice art by Bill Wray, a frequent contributor:

tt03c018rz.jpg

last story in this issue - a classic love triangle story with art by Bret Blevins..

tt03d011nh.jpg

once again, Bruce Jones makes it clear where he's coming from smile.gif

tt03d026nu.jpg

once again, Bruce Jones makes it clear where he's coming from smile.gif

I wonder if that was Bruce's idea or just something Blevins threw in for laughs? confused-smiley-013.gif

You guys are aware that is a nice attempt at drawing the EC paperbacks that were issued, right...???gossip.gif

I always enjoy this thread! Gaute, refreshing to see some pages instead of the steady forum diet of covers--very cool.

Marc

thanx- been busy with "real" life lately but will be back with a look at #4 soon smile.gif

second story; perhaps the most EC-esque of them all.. Alcala is a perfect fit for the subject matter - something long dead yet hideously alive laugh.gif

tt01b012pq.jpg

Pardon me for editing your post, but I just had to use your page image to compare against my third foray into OA.

I just love Alcala's art, his linework is fantastic. Enjoy!

1127852-TwistedTalesOAPage1.jpg

This was quite reasonable considering I have the entire eight page story!

PS: If there is interest I can post the entire story. LMK...

1127416-TwistedTalesOAPage1.jpg.ab9279f05f52860d1098b148d1f9d45a.jpg

Last one for tonight.

Will Willie (choke) get together with Sharon? Will Jeff ask for her hand? And just who is that rotton decomposing pile of putrescent glop coming up out of Lake Granada??? We shall see...we shall see!

1127862-TwistedTalesOAPage4.jpg

1127862-TwistedTalesOAPage4.jpg.c46b457c753f367c7bb93edce029e934.jpg