• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Copper Horror Thread
3 3

300 posts in this topic

OK, it's 2006! Time to pump-up the Copper Horror!

I'm starting to feel it's getting some interest from the Bronzies out there so without further interuption...

This was a very excellent series written by Mark Verheiden with b/w art by Mark Nelson who also did the covers.

1056796-Aliens%231.jpg

589a8d41dea43_1056796-Aliens1.jpg.bd89b624cd05229dc0cfe61b8e80a7b7.jpg

These next 3 books were an odd offering from Dark Horse. Experimental in the fact that the issues were not numbered, just issues red, yellow, and green to be read in any order you prefer as it was a circular type of story. The story was also about sexual abuse which was a risky comic book subject at the time.

1056854-ExquisiteCorpse-Red.jpg

1056854-ExquisiteCorpse-Red.jpg.cedbfa4cd7f98ae27ace46431f6ce880.jpg

well we've been through this series before, but i thought i'd do a twist (ahem) and provide some interior art, along with some personal comments.. i pretty much grew up with this series the way kids of the 50s grew up with EC..

hope the scans are ok, i'm still figuring out how to work my new scanner.

what a classic cover. imagine seeing this cover on the stands in '82 (i was 6 at the time).. EC-ness is back!

tt010cn.jpg

the first story, featuring beautiful art by Richard Corben.. i won't give away the ending for those who haven't read it, but the punchline is just incredible smile.gif

tt01a013lt.jpg

second story; perhaps the most EC-esque of them all.. Alcala is a perfect fit for the subject matter - something long dead yet hideously alive laugh.gif

tt01b012pq.jpg

third story opens with the most classic of horror story set-ups.. bickering couple has car trouble, seeks help in nearby old house - horror ensues!

tt01c013tk.jpg

fourth story, and IMO the best of the lot. absolutely creepy, with moody, atmospheric art by Tim Conrad.

tt01d014ar.jpg

more later..

well if you're gonna do a horror comic, you can't go wrong with a Wrightson cover smile.gif

tt027dj.jpg

..of course, having a lead story by Mike Ploog doesn't hurt either!

tt02a011hv.jpg

the second story has nice, funky artwork by Ken Steacy..

tt02b013ot.jpg

third story has beautiful artwork by Val Mayerik.. Nice story about witchcraft and monsters set in the deep south.

tt02c010ji.jpg

here's the monster btw smile.gif

tt02c023qj.jpg

fourth story is perhaps my favourite of the lot - always loved Rand Holmes' artwork, not to mention his, um, women..

tt02d019eq.jpg