• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's number 1 on your want list?

289 posts in this topic

I'm going for the tough 35 cent variants that I can afford.

Every Iron Fist #14 I find listed is way over priced for my pockets. I am hoping to get one list at auction before 2014 is over.

How many do you own? What grade do you look for these?

Spawn: Fan Edition #2 Platinum.

There are 4 of them out there in CGC 9.8.

I'd love to add one to my registry.

Of course there are other books I find more desirable, but my want list is heavily centered on the gaps in my registry. It's a side-effect of being a completist.

Cap 1 or a piece of OA from romita sr on the punisher or a Kirby cap.

Now Captain America Comics 1 is actually my top key fantasy book!

That's a Bret book for sure. I'd love to have one....just wish I had that kind of cash

That's a Bret book for sure. I'd love to have one....just wish I had that kind of cash

Indeed. It's completely out of my price range as well.

Indeed. It's completely out of my price range as well.

Sadly, it was still in my price range (at least in mid grade) 12 or 13 years ago when I first became interested in Timely comics, but I never went after a copy, and now it's out of reach. (Unless my plan to snag Cloris Leachman as a rich cougar wife succeeds, that is. Wish me luck.)

Wizard Maxx 1/2 Red or Blue...Only know of one in existence, a blue, and chances are I will never be able to afford it, let alone get my greasy paws on it...

There were ten made in blue foil and ten in red. There is a board member here (fufat, I believe) that owns several copies.

Wizard Maxx 1/2 Red or Blue...Only know of one in existence, a blue, and chances are I will never be able to afford it, let alone get my greasy paws on it...

There were ten made in blue foil and ten in red. There is a board member here (fufat, I believe) that owns several copies. I sold my CGC SS 9.8 blue foil last year along with my red.

And for a short time, it was mine! :devil:

Aquaman #35 in nice 8.5 - 9.0, maybe a 9.2, with no date stamps. Had a so-so raw 8.5 a couple of years ago but foolishly sold it thinking I could easily upgrade it. :facepalm:

As to my chances of acquiring it, between the fact that they seldom come up and it seems to be a book on the lists of all the speculators and key chasers, my chances don't look very good.

Another book that's high on my list is Detective Comics #486 in 9.6 - 9.8. Nothing extraordinary in itself, but it's one of the earliest comics I bought off the rack as a kid and I have very fond memories of it.

But it's one of those dollar comics, prone to tears at the spine extremities and to pulling at the staples. I just don't ever see truly high-grade examples of it come up, and I don't think there's very many CGC copies in grade either (haven't checked the census in awhile).

Saw what appeared to be an excellent raw copy on eBay a couple of years ago but put in a weak bid and lost it. Haven't seen anything comparable since. :frustrated:

There were ten made in blue foil and ten in red. There is a board member here (fufat, I believe) that owns several copies. I sold my CGC SS 9.8 blue foil last year along with my red.

And for a short time, it was mine! :devil:

And I am more than willing to bargain with anyone for both at any time...

Still Batman 2. My true grail would be Batman 1 or Tec 31, but I'd have to sell too much of my good stuff to get those, and I don't feel like doing that.

This magazine is haunted 16

There has to be a story behind this one... Do tell!

Check out the cover to this book.A classic Ditko cover that you NEVER see.If anyone has one for sale.....

Yeah. I sold my nice F-VF 3 years ago during divorce. :facepalm:

Oh where the hell was I?