• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's number 1 on your want list?

289 posts in this topic

Right now for me it's a tie between Cap #74 and Mystery Tales #40.

If you ever get your hands on a Mystery Tales 40 before me, could you please take a pic of each page so I can read it. I want to see how it ties into "the island".

It's going to be a while before I get a copy, since all I see come up are extremely over-priced low grade beaters.

You didn't think too much of the .5 on eBay either did you? I have been tempted a few times to just pick it up but refuse as the book has an unnecessary price bump for a show that has been off the air for four years.

And I still believe that LOST was one of the best shows that modern TV has offered.

I think the Zap Comix slipcase set is the most expensive thing on my want list, so if someone were going to give me one thing on my list I'd choose that. The thing I want the most though? Probably the Usagi Yojimbo Saga hardcover. Probably going to buy it within the next few days, as soon as I get over the hesitation to spend $100 on a hardcover that I've developed.
Just bought the Usagi HC :)

Close to the New Year. All this grail talk has me thinking of bumping this thread again.

It turns out I actually managed to get one of the two I mentioned on my want list. Finally got an ASM 194 in the grade I wanted. I also plunged my $$ on a Bat 227. Didn't think I would but decided too which has me busted from buying anything for a while. I had designs on getting a BA 12, but not so much anymore.

Now I want to finish my DD set. I am bout 65 issues away from having them all. Right now finishing that set is my priority.

I think the Zap Comix slipcase set is the most expensive thing on my want list, so if someone were going to give me one thing on my list I'd choose that. The thing I want the most though? Probably the Usagi Yojimbo Saga hardcover. Probably going to buy it within the next few days, as soon as I get over the hesitation to spend $100 on a hardcover that I've developed.

The unpublished issue 17 bonus material makes the Zap slipcase even more tempting, but I just don't feel like blowing $400 on it right now.

After purchasing some things I never thought I would (BA12, and NM98), I am actually on the hunt for some really cool keys...

ASM 121, 122, upgrade of my 129, IH 181, still continuing with my DD HG set.

I need to save up for those copies though...

Anyone else change their treasure hunt?

After purchasing some things I never thought I would (BA12, and NM98), I am actually on the hunt for some really cool keys...

I've really been thinking about chopping the length of my runs way down so I can afford some of the bigger keys. FF1, DD1, X-Men 1, etcetera. Haven't managed to do it yet, but I'm pondering.

2015 Additions: Iron Fist 14, ASM 50, Hulk 181, X-men 1, DD 1 and FF 48 (upgraded)

I have one more book on my list for 2015 - a copy of Showcase 22

Note: In order to get the above mentioned books this year, I've had to thin out my collection quite a bit. (That includes some great books, which I will have to re-acquire later on)

would love to finish my uncanny x-men run, need 48 issues and i'm done. thing that sucks is some of the issues i know i bought yrs ago and can't find them now for some reason

it also helps i don't count 2nd+ prints as part of a run so no need to look for them, this helps on any run i'm currently working on, but x-men is the closest to being done with avengers close behind with around 100 issues to go (dam have to buy 1, 4 at some point)