• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's number 1 on your want list?

289 posts in this topic

A year ago now, I set a goal to get one of two comics. I finally got my ASM 194.

How about everyone else? Did you get what you want or change your goal?

I'm targeting DD 163 cgc 9.8 still, but I wouldn't mind a nice raw Batman Adventures 12 or cgc 9.6/9.8.

I for the moment do not have a number 1 on my want list. It feels weird to not have something I am seeking. I will in due time, but now that I have completed my Planet Comics run I am just fishing randomly.

I think the Zap Comix slipcase set is the most expensive thing on my want list, so if someone were going to give me one thing on my list I'd choose that. The thing I want the most though? Probably the Usagi Yojimbo Saga hardcover. Probably going to buy it within the next few days, as soon as I get over the hesitation to spend $100 on a hardcover that I've developed.

At this point... is it wrong to say that I believe I have everything I want?

I would like to own a classic EC book. I was actually disappointed that I missed that Weird Science 5 last month on CLink. I would like to upgrade some of my ASM's but I think I may do that through pressing a couple rather than buying duplicates and selling undercopies. Action Comics 41 would be nice as would Superman 14.

However, the price has to be right.

At this point, I have some real world things I want to finish up or change.

Since this post I now own:

Weird Fantasy 11

Crime SuspenStories 26

Action Comics 41

Since this post I upgraded:

ASM 73 from a 7.0 to a 9.4

ASM 98 from a 8.0 to a 9.6

Since this post I upgraded by pressing:

ASM 2 from a 3.0 to a 5.0

So that was cool...

I currently submitted a nice copy of ASM 50 for a press and submit as well as my copy of ASM 1 in a 2.5 for a press and a resubmit. That will be 2015's upgrades.

Right now for me it's a tie between Cap #74 and Mystery Tales #40.

If you ever get your hands on a Mystery Tales 40 before me, could you please take a pic of each page so I can read it. I want to see how it ties into "the island".

There are some exceptional comics on the thread here, most of which I may never see in person let alone own. #1 for me would be Tales of Suspense #57 in almost any grade ( upgrade at a later date if possible) followed by Marvel Premiere #15 (higher grade). Both I hope to own in the not to distant future, but can't guarantee it.

Right now for me it's a tie between Cap #74 and Mystery Tales #40.

If you ever get your hands on a Mystery Tales 40 before me, could you please take a pic of each page so I can read it. I want to see how it ties into "the island".

It's going to be a while before I get a copy, since all I see come up are extremely over-priced low grade beaters.