• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Is David Goyer writing the -script?
nope he did the screen play for it but the -script is written by Chris Terrio

This. Goyer wrote a general outline before Affleck was cast. As soon as Affleck's deal was finalized at Warner he brought over Chris Terrio to do re-writes on the -script. Goyer is not going to get his hands on this one ( :grin: ).

my bad, i just assumed since he wrote the screenplay that he was doing the -script too

no WB is giving him credit for the screen play. a lot of people were surprise that Chris Terrio is getting credit for it but i also think his getting credit for the JL movie that follows which i'm sure we hear about it come SDCC.

here is all the info release with new logo & title

"BURBANK, CA – Filming is underway on Warner Bros. Pictures’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the highly anticipated action adventure from director Zack Snyder, starring Henry Cavill in the role of Clark Kent/Superman, and Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” also stars Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman, with Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane returning from “Man of Steel,” Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons as Alfred, and Holly Hunter in a role newly created for the film.

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”is written by Chris Terrio, from a screenplay by David S. Goyer. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Wesley Coller, David S. Goyer and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers.

Principal photography will take place on location at Michigan Motion Picture Studios and on location in and around Detroit, Michigan; Illinois; Africa; and the South Pacific.

Set to open worldwide on May 6, 2016, “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, Batman characters created by Bob Kane, and Wonder Woman created by William Moulton Marston, appearing in comic books published by DC Entertainment."

the areas i bold are very interesting to me.

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”is written by Chris Terrio, from a screenplay by David S. Goyer. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Wesley Coller, David S. Goyer and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers.

I don't know...Geoff Johns was an EP for the GL movie as well and that was a massive stinker. If he couldn't stop them from casting Peter Sarsgaard and turning Parallax into a "Galactus Cloud", I'm not sure how much help he's going to be on this project.

Edited by Kal-El

I don't know...Geoff Johns was an EP for the GL movie as well and that was a massive stinker. If he couldn't stop them from casting Peter Sarsgaard and turning Parallax into a "Galactus Cloud", I'm not sure how much help he's going to be on this project.

Executive Producer means absolutely nothing, it's likely they showed him the -script at some point and he liked it...

Is David Goyer writing the -script?

yep

Oh dear.

Why "oh dear" ?

Everything of positive significance in Goyer's filmography has come with the involvement of Nolan or someone else. His only solo endeavor, if I'm not mistaken was Blade Trinity, which was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It would have been cause for concern if he alone was responsible for writing the -script of what is possibly one of the most important films in DC's cinematic history.

Executive Producer means absolutely nothing, it's likely they showed him the -script at some point and he liked it...

but it still makes you wonder if they are talking to him to make sure it feels right, plus he had some of the best superhero episode on TV and i also thinking WB is moving away from Nolan name.

but it still makes you wonder if they are talking to him to make sure it feels right, plus he had some of the best superhero episode on TV and i also thinking WB is moving away from Nolan name.

I very much doubt that. They have a great ongoing relationship where Nolan does a studio film and in return the give him a blank check for a passion project. After Interstellar (passion project), he'll be doing a studio film. Although Nolan wanted to move away from Batman and has went on record saying he isn't looking to get tied down with another superhero franchise, I don't think WB will let one of the finest directors working today walk away from the studio. At least, I'd hope not.

Many pages back there was an interview posted that Snyder wanted to be able to say he did this movie without the influence of Nolan being involved. Not that there is any hard feelings between them. He just wanted to be able to prove his ability to deliver.

I still hope they figure out a way to involve the Nolan brothers in other DC superhero movies.

:wishluck:

8 Heroes Who Would Make The Justice League Movie Great

Shazam! and Martian Manhunter, please.

:wishluck:

Oh, and Guy Garner. Because then Batman has someone to knock out for challenging his leadership.

(:

J'onn won't be in the movie if David Goyer gets his way unfortunately. It's too bad, because I think Peter Mensah would own the role:

affleck-gadot-cavill-pine-reynolds-the-justice-league-cast-we-need-7adb8413-735f-4dac-9ab0-4df85db51bf5.jpeg

a good read

link

so after reading this article and thinking about it, i think i found a way that can help WB/DC with their movies. WB can use DC Entertainment like Marvel studios start given it some percentage earn from the movies, and once they have the money to cover some of the films without WB putting to much in the films and show some profit from them. that would leave DC more room to make risky movies with them covering some of the money. which i beat is what Disney is doing letting Marvel Studios us their money to cover some of the film financials has long they can profit in them with out Disney wasting too much money. what you think about this can it a good move for them to do?

J'onn won't be in the movie if David Goyer gets his way unfortunately. It's too bad, because I think Peter Mensah would own the role:

affleck-gadot-cavill-pine-reynolds-the-justice-league-cast-we-need-7adb8413-735f-4dac-9ab0-4df85db51bf5.jpeg

That is a remarkable resemblance. (:

That is a remarkable resemblance. (:

hm