• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Tim Burton cast the perfect Bruce Wayne/Batman back '89 and everyone thought he wasn't physically (and emotionally) ready to play the role either. I actually watched Gung Ho! a couple days earlier on VHS when it was announced and :facepalm: 'd right there (...and I was only a kid). Actors can surprise you. ;)

Kevin Smith Drops More Details About Ben Affleck's Batsuit

Smith went on to continue raving about the new Batsuit and its striking similarities to the suit featured in The Dark Knight Returns. “That’s not a representation of what the suit looks like,” continued Smith. “So what the suit looks like, and I was always kind of keeping it quiet until they revealed it, but they've revealed it. And you can kind of see, and anybody that…you’ve seen some people take the picture and color it online. If you want to see what this f***ing suit looks like, you just go to Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns, go to the third book, Hunt the Dark Knight…it’s the exact f***ing outfit he’s wearing. That’s why I hugged that guy all those months ago.”

Adrien Brody Interested In The Joker Role

‘I would do it if I feel I can contribute something valuable and that the role would be interesting to me because they’re long journeys,” Brody said. “To me, the villains are way fun! But they don’t offer me those roles. If there is an opportunity to do something like that and play a comic book hero or villain, that’s not something I’m fundamentally opposed to.’

Is there a consensus opinion on how folks think this will turn out? I mean, Marvel seems to turn out hit after hit after hit with their various franchises. DC should have a little momentum from the recent Batman trilogy and Man of Steel was far from being a dog. Green Lantern however...Is this the movie that will allow DC to really step up it's challenge against Marvel?

Is there a consensus opinion on how folks think this will turn out? I mean, Marvel seems to turn out hit after hit after hit with their various franchises. DC should have a little momentum from the recent Batman trilogy and Man of Steel was far from being a dog. Green Lantern however...Is this the movie that will allow DC to really step up it's challenge against Marvel?

The Warner Bros. CEO is putting a lot behind making their DC properties a stronger hit than what we have seen in the past.

The TV show momentum seems to be working for them so far. With movies, this isn't clear yet since it will be a while before any of the in-flight projects hit theaters (Batman vs. Superman, Sandman, Justice League, Justice League Dark).

The Warner Bros. CEO is putting a lot behind making their DC properties a stronger hit than what we have seen in the past.

The TV show momentum seems to be working for them so far. With movies, this isn't clear yet since it will be a while before any of the in-flight projects hit theaters (Batman vs. Superman, Sandman, Justice League, Justice League Dark).

yeah at the end of the day the New CEO knows that theirs value in their DC properties better then the former CEO which thought that Batman was enough for them. i think the problem some people are having is that they are keeping a lot of informanton about their DC movies plans we heard more about the TV side but almost nothing, it like marvel studios did at first release IM 1 announce IM 2 and at SDDC show of the rest the next three movies Thor, Cap, and Avengers. so hopefully come SDDC we get more info about the movie and future movies.

Adrien Brody Interested In The Joker Role

‘I would do it if I feel I can contribute something valuable and that the role would be interesting to me because they’re long journeys,” Brody said. “To me, the villains are way fun! But they don’t offer me those roles. If there is an opportunity to do something like that and play a comic book hero or villain, that’s not something I’m fundamentally opposed to.’

Interesting. hm

We officially have a title. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

I'm not crazy about it.

linky

DAWN OF JUSTICE??

Why could they not just go with World's Finest, and let it lead into the Justice League? No reason to play with a title to hint another movie is coming behind this one.