• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Do I have to post modern examples? No one wants WW to be a muscled hulk anymore than they want a powerful Amazonian to be skinny.

Please do. :wishluck:

Not trying to argue, just wondering if something changed while I wasn't paying attention. Almost any WW 'style guide' I can think of, up through Bruce Timm animated, depicts WW as exceptionally gorgeous but 'normal' in stature. Some Alex Ross shows her stockier, but only some. Other images by him go right back to her traditional body type.

It's all fantasy anyway, right? So it'd be fun to see where the 'big guns' fantasy is coming from. (thumbs u

Jason Momoa - 'Aquaman, no. Lobo, hmmmmm. Could play that if you like.'

"I couldn't even be more random for Aquaman, you know, with the blonde hair," he said. "I don't even know where that comes from, it's like being... uh... Robin or something. Who pulls that out? I see that on the Internet and I'm like, 'Aquaman? A guy like... Lobo I could see.'"

hm

Yeah, I was just curious. Googleing some 'New 52' WW images there does seem to be more trending toward "warrior" now. More sword wielding than lasso. More rage, more body armor.

Jim Lee designs are all over the map though, gotta say. In some she's a petite young lady, in others a screaming manic on the attack. It's those latter where her 'ripped' biceps come prominent.

Yeah, I was just curious. Googleing some 'New 52' WW images there does seem to be more trending toward "warrior" now. More sword wielding than lasso. More rage, more body armor.

Jim Lee designs are all over the map though, gotta say. In some she's a petite young lady, in others a screaming manic on the attack. It's those latter where the ripped biceps come prominent.

And then in animated movies and related comics, Wonder Woman is quite large. Even just as wide in the shoulders as Superman.

It makes it a little confusing.

It depends which book you read she does use the lasso in the JL book but in her book theirs no need to use the lasso but show more of her warrior side when she's fighting other God's and so far in the superman/wonder woman book is a mix of both lasso and warrior.

I dropped in mid-discussion, so I probably should've googled Gal Gadot first. :shy: She is..um....thin.

But hey, I enjoyed Keira Knightley as a warrior in that King Arthur movie. So, right camera angles, right lighting...

But man, yeah...thin. There was a term for it once upon a time, "heroin chic" if I remember right. :eek:

Jim Lee designs are all over the map though, gotta say. In some she's a petite young lady, in others a screaming manic on the attack. It's those latter where the ripped biceps come prominent.

And then in animated movies and related comics, Wonder Woman is quite large. Even just as wide in the shoulders as Superman.

Cool clip. That is the Earth 2 Golden Age WW though.

Wouldn't the next panel show Batman dead?

Absolutely not, because he had the BAT CHIN PROTECTOR activated. You just can't see the label beneath his mask.

lol

Sorry. I'm building a Batmobile 1966 model, and went looking for a site that had the original car images. I never noticed all the labels calling out different features.

Batmobile (1966) Image Library

int064.jpg

cwint.jpg

interior2000.jpg

detectascopedial.jpg

i2.jpg

I also never realized the car had four different license plates (the fourth being a legal plate probably to be able to drive it around).

• 2F-3567
  • TP-3567
  • BAT-1
  • ZEF-451

Is she on set and filming now? I was hoping she would get another six months sucking down weight gainer and hitting the gym before donning the costume. This is a disaster.

And the movie hasn't even come out yet!

:roflmao::eyeroll:meh

-slym

Guest Grails
they did a great job with Faora in MoS so i'm not worried at all

She was fantastic in MOS. Good casting. Gadot, not so much.

And the film hasn't even come out yet!!!

:roflmao:

-slym

And what does that have to do with my opinion on her being cast? Am I not allowed to have one?

Guest Grails
Yet someone already labeled this "a disaster."

;)

-slym

You should read this again.

10300804_843991848947846_4535136704222401325_n.png

Closer Look At Gal Gadot On BATMAN/SUPERMAN Set

Come on out, Wonder Woman. We're waiting.

:popcorn:

Is she on set and filming now? I was hoping she would get another six months sucking down weight gainer and hitting the gym before donning the costume. This is a disaster.