• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I'm waiting for the R-rated Director's Cut Blu-Ray.

Judging from Nick's review, it should then be a 10 / 10 super-hero film.

That's good enough for me.

Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Ultimate Edition To Be Released July 16th

According to Amazon, the release date of Dawn of Justice's blu-ray sets is set for July 16, 2016, about four months after its theatrical release. It is already available for pre-order.

The home theater release will include 30 minutes of extra scenes from the already 2 hour and 41 minute film and be an R-rated cut as opposed to the theatrical PG-13.

Batman v Superman: DOJ (Superman Figurine) Ultimate Edition Blu-ray - $129.99

There is just the movie.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition Blu-ray - $35.99

There is no reason to have a Superman or Batman movie rated R. Once again DC proving why Marvel looks down at them.

Based on my experience with Watchmen Director's Cut, all I can assume is there were scenes that if not for 3 hours sitting in seats could have been worth keeping in.

:wishluck:

Nothing about the Ultimate Edition on Amazon UK’s website. Thanks for the info, Nick. :)

Why do BA & ZS think Miller's angry take on superheroes from the 80's is relevant to today's audience? Passe, depressed, angsty Gen-Xers.

Real life is not a Disney movie. Eventually that Disney audience will grow up and reject the fantasy that was sold to them.

Snyder and company might be ahead of the curve when we look back on it.

lol

My entire adult life is practically out of Disney movie.

Animal sidekicks, Wiccan princesses, snowed in kingdoms, you name it.

I had to start writing about it in regional papers to better grasp it.

I'm not bashing B v S (because I can't wait to see it), but cynicism and darkness isn't in my neck of the woods. ;)

Looking forward to seeing Batman v Superman.

I'm not sure about the Disney reference, though. hm

Bambi? Old Yeller? Cried for days when I saw them as a kid.

Simba losing his father in The Lion King.

Nemo's Mom gets eaten at the beginning of Finding Nemo.

The first 10 minutes of Up are the saddest 10 minutes of film I've seen in awhile.

The last part of Toy Story 3 is superb as a poignant reminder of time passing . It's as good as storytelling gets.

And so on.

The tragedy and triumphs in life are skillfully represented in Disney films without the need to resort to the ham-fisted negativity of cynicism and darkness.

I find real life is well reflected in the Disney canon. But that's me.

one thing i notice during my 3rd watching is that after the end of MOS it jumps 18 months and by the end of the movie it's been 2 years. so during the movie we get a time of 6 months and i do think so of the problems with the movie for me where some of the cuts and edits. has for the future scene they could have place some lettering like " sometime in the Future" it could have made some movies goers wonder what happen.

one thing i notice during my 3rd watching is that after the end of MOS it jumps 18 months and by the end of the movie it's been 2 years. so during the movie we get a time of 6 months and i do think so of the problems with the movie for me where some of the cuts and edits. has for the future scene they could have place some lettering like " sometime in the Future" it could have made some movies goers wonder what happen.

Rather than do that, they could just show Bruce going to sleep and then dreaming.

The way it was done was for shock value, but was not done well.

Rather than do that, they could just show Bruce going to sleep and then dreaming.

The way it was done was for shock value, but was not done well.

that or they could have not added the second cut of him waking up it could have been one scene.

I like what I'm hearing about Wonder Woman here...I was worried Gadot would be too frail (physically) and wooden (as an actress) to make a big impact. I like that she sounds like a real warrior who enjoys battle -- her smile after getting smacked sounds like what Thor does after the Hulk pummels him in 'Avengers' -- a grin that says, "it's on!" Looking forward to it,

Dan

I didn't see this posted here yet. I liked Ben as Batman although the movie wasn't that good for me, a 5 to 6 out of 10. But this is simply a great little video put out by The Hollywood Reporter. Almost want to cry for him.

By the way, there's several "remixes" of this also (like with him having Daredevil flashbacks or different music), search "Sad Affleck". Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

I loved it. I think of all the superhero movies it's the best one I've seen since iron man. It was different and fresh. Completely what I've been wanting in a superhero movie for adults.

While not perfect it was far better than what I've been led to believe

I loved it. I think of all the superhero movies it's the best one I've seen since iron man. It was different and fresh. Completely what I've been wanting in a superhero movie for adults.

While not perfect it was far better than what I've been led to believe

I knew I liked you, pretty much how I felt, after reading the reviews, I went in and kept waiting for it to suck, but it never did. (thumbs u

Nolans Batman films are great (the first two) but this Batman was bad

I want a batman movie now. The fight scene in the warehouse I need to see again. I'm taking my nephew this coming week. It was awesome.

I didn't see this posted here yet. I liked Ben as Batman although the movie wasn't that good for me, a 5 to 6 out of 10. But this is simply a great little video put out by The Hollywood Reporter. Almost want to cry for him.
By the way, there's several "remixes" of this also (like with him having Daredevil flashbacks or different music), search "Sad Affleck".

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9247121#Post9247121

Nolans Batman films are great (the first two) but this Batman was bad

I want a batman movie now. The fight scene in the warehouse I need to see again. I'm taking my nephew this coming week. It was awesome.

Everything here in bold type (thumbs u I might take my nephew... if he finally agrees Batman is better than Wolverine ;)