• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

my feeling for this is not just the production for these film but maybe for the next 3 films( SS, WW, & JL). to get a head start on how the characters going to look and villians that way if any change are done it wont take to much time and money.

Well, they slotted these films years out in the future to grab specific opening dates. Once planted, why wouldn't they leave themselves as much time as possible to craft the film after shooting? Giving the CGI shop more time keeps the price lower than last minute crunch overtime... More time is always better than less with so much at stake.

It's no longer the case that a film gets released ASAP after completion. Releases are mapped out years in advance for summer tent poles and production is scheduled accordingly.

As a viewer, I've never had a problem with production taking a long time. I just try and rationalize it as them using that extra time to perfect the movie or put some extra work into it.

Much rather wait till 2016 than for a half assed film to come out next year.

As a viewer, I've never had a problem with production taking a long time. I just try and rationalize it as them using that extra time to perfect the movie or put some extra work into it.

Much rather wait till 2016 than for a half assed film to come out next year.

(thumbs u

Jason Momoa Talks 'Badass' AQUAMAN, Multi-Pic Deal And Reveals Ideal Solo Movie Director

Jason Momoa have a contract for 4 movies as Arthur Curry/Aquaman! #CCPX

— DCU Movie Page (@dcumoviepage) December 7, 2014

And Momoa wants Zack Snyder, which is a big fan of the director, to direct Aquaman movie. more to come... #CCPX

Momoa was hired as Aquaman for a LOOOONG time before the official release, but have to keep his mouth shut. #CCPX

"Aquaman will be a bad-, otherwise, they wouldn't cast me for the role." - Jason Momoa #CCPX

Momoa says he can't talk about #BatmanvSuperman but teases DCCU King of the Seven Seas will silence Aquaman skeptics! #AQUAMAN2018 #CCXP

— TheAquamanShrine (@AquamanShrine) December 5, 2014

Momoa says if he was not Aquaman, he wanted to do Lobo. #CCPX

Interesting, the 4 movies must be BvS, JL Parts 1&2, and then of course Aquaman.

I think Snyder's got his hands full so he won't end up directing Aquaman unless someone else takes the reigns of the Justice League movies.

I'm thinking the same thing. As much as Snyder would like to do everything as not only a creator, but also as a fan, DC/Warner cannot have someone that stretched thin.

Interesting, the 4 movies must be BvS, JL Parts 1&2, and then of course Aquaman.

I think Snyder's got his hands full so he won't end up directing Aquaman unless someone else takes the reigns of the Justice League movies.

I'm thinking the same thing. As much as Snyder would like to do everything as not only a creator, but also as a fan, DC/Warner cannot have someone that stretched thin.

i agree also that's why i think we are getting him and Geoff Johns has excutive producer in has many films they can like feige in the marvel movies. synder to be their just to make sure the tone of the films fit right with the universe and Johns most likely be their to make sure the characters feel true to the comics with some changes that don't feel wrong.

BATMAN V SUPERMAN's Jeremy Irons Says Alfred Is "More Hands-On"

-------------------

"He is quite a different Alfred than we have seen so far. Zack Snyder had very clear views about what he wanted," he said. "I would just say he's more hands-on perhaps than just a butler." Irons also described his part in the film as "not a large role".

Mark this as another distinction between Zack Snyder's take on Batman and the most recent version delivered by Christopher Nolan. In Nolan's trilogy, Michael Caine's Alfred was an integral part of each film as the voice of reason and pragmatism for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne. Expect Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne to have a different relationship with his legal-guardian. Perhaps Irons' take on the character will be more along the lines of the Batman: Earth One Alfred, who is a former soldier of the Royal Marines, master martial artists and sharpshooter.

-------------------

Major BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Details Reveal The Death Of

Regardless, at some point in that period, longtime Batman ally Commissioner Jim Gordon has been killed! Quite the shocker, eh? The -script apparently makes no mention of how it happened or who is responsible, but there is a memorial plaque to him, finally explaining why he hasn't been cast in the movie.

Looks like Alfred is going to be carrying the Pulp Fiction wallet in this movie like the version in the current Gotham TV show.

aLJQA5El.png

BATMAN V SUPERMAN: Jeremy Irons Talks More About His Very Different Take On Alfred

----------------

"Oh he'll be quite different. He has an interesting history. He's a very competent man. He's the sort of man I think anyone would like to be married to. He can sort of do everything: change light bulbs, blow up bridges if he has to."

----------------

Michael Keaton is THE MAN!

Michael Keaton Responds To BATMAN Envy Question In The Best Possible Way

-----------------

Shortlist Magazine: Finally, Christian Bale recently said he felt jealous to see Ben Affleck wearing the cape and cowl — do you ever get that?

Michael Keaton: “No. Do you know why? Because I’m Batman. I’m very secure in that.”

-----------------

:applause:

BATMAN V. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Looking For A Young Ben Affleck

ccording to Oneheadlightink, Midthunder Casting is searching for a "10 -AND- 12 year old, Caucasian boys (SAG principal roles – to portray a young BEN AFFLECK) who have extensive WUSHU, KUNG FU, or PENTAK SILAT training and experience." They also said that they would be excepting a "high level (state – world champion) competitors in all martial arts forms". With that said, most likely the young Ben Affleck (Bruce Wayne) will be involved with some sort high-level training in Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice. The site also says if you want to auditon you have to do it "No later than monday morning 12/15". So if your thinking about auditioning, you better email Midthunder Casting (Midthunder Casting@gmail.com) fast! Sound off below with your thoughts!

Now, we have the first official color photo of Ben Affleck in the Batsuit and the Batmobile. This photo comes way of director Zack Snyder’s production company Cruel and Unusual films. The photo is in the motion picture section of Sndyer’s Cruel Films website as a monochrome photo, but when you hover over the photo it reveals the color version.

batsuit-color-115409.jpg

Now, we have the first official color photo of Ben Affleck in the Batsuit and the Batmobile. This photo comes way of director Zack Snyder’s production company Cruel and Unusual films. The photo is in the motion picture section of Sndyer’s Cruel Films website as a monochrome photo, but when you hover over the photo it reveals the color version.

batsuit-color-115409.jpg

I love it :)