• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

‘Batman V Superman’: How the Dark Knight Anyone Can Beat the Man of Steel

Weaken Superman with Kryptonite

Control Superman with Threats Against Others

Fight Superman with Technology & Gadgets sticks, rocks, your fists, or whatever

An Ideological, Not Physical Victory

Involve Others In Fight

Edited for broader accuracy. Ever watch the first season of Smallville? Very well-written with compelling character interaction, but the Superman elements were just awful. Every single episode was another iteration of "how can we expose Superman to kryptonite, make him human or less than human, and have him engage in a seemingly even but decidedly not-Superman fight THIS week?" :makepoint:

Edited for broader accuracy. Ever watch the first season of Smallville? Very well-written with compelling character interaction, but the Superman elements were just awful. Every single episode was another iteration of "how can we expose Superman to kryptonite, make him human or less than human, and have him engage in a seemingly even but decidedly not-Superman fight THIS week?" :makepoint:

Is that how they presented challenges for Clark to tackle? Okay, if that is the case it would get old. I only ever saw a few episodes of the show, and liked what I saw.

You had said it was puzzling because it was like a tiger fighting a hamster. That doesn't sound like it is factoring in Batman's known approach to studying an opponent to understand their weaknesses before tackling them. I think it's been mentioned in a couple of the Justice League comics Batman is always studying his comrades for weaknesses in the event they ever become threats individually, or when controlled by someone else. I'm assuming the same character design would go into BvS where Batman has been tracking the events of Superman's reveal and beyond.

We'll see if Snyder plays that up in the movie. I am assuming so, which is partly why Batman has to go with the heavy armor when taking on Superman.

I think the basic concept of Batman duking it out with Superman is going to bring in a LOT of people who only occasionally attend the theatre.

It's virtually impossible for me to imagine anyone who is even passingly familiar with both characters to ever find the idea of that fight anything other than puzzling. :eek: It's about as epic as imagining a throwdown between a tiger and a hamster. :insane:

This is the first superhero film I may not go see in the theater. The reviews will have to be stellar for me to consider it.

..... this is true for US...... but when considering all the other people who don't read or follow comics ....this is where the X-factor exists in regards to attendance. Personally, I plan to attend several films this year, this will be one. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

While I agree it is completely ludicrous to even contemplate a scenario of Batman beating Superman (sorry Batman fanboys) I am still very excited to see this movie :)

...I've seen the -script..... at the end Clark takes over the Bat Cave and starts to refer to Bruce as "Bat-Beyotch"..... forcing him to do his laundry and bring his pipe and slippers. GOD BLESS....

While I agree it is completely ludicrous to even contemplate a scenario of Batman beating Superman (sorry Batman fanboys) I am still very excited to see this movie :)

...I've seen the -script..... at the end Clark takes over the Bat Cave and starts to refer to Bruce as "Bat-Beyotch"..... forcing him to do his laundry and bring his pipe and slippers. GOD BLESS....

lol

lol

..... "Put the Robin suit on NOW, Bat-slave" ! :sumo: GOD BLESS...

I don't understand the problem anyone is having with a movie where two Superheroes duke it out. You guys are too DC centric. This theme is a staple of Marvel since the Golden Age and has been responsible for some of the most memorable story arcs of the last 70 years.

And Batman did indeed beat the out of Supes and it was well done to boot. One of the best arcs in the history of the medium.

lol

I don't see what's so funny.

It could really be true.

....as a disclaimer, I must admit to being a fan of both characters since I was a kid..................................GOD BLESS....

Neil deGrasse Tyson Reveals Batman v Superman Plot

It almost sounds like Superman is the villain in this movie, not Batman as many fans assumed. Batman has a figure of authority to report to — the Mayor in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. And public likes that. Batman makes them feel safe. Superman on the other hand, has no public figure to report to. He just does whatever he wants.

“At the end of the day, what might matter is the public reception of the superheroes conduct. If Batman executes our wishes in the city, and Superman does whatever the hell he wants… that’s a conflict.” Tyson explained.

Saw this today and thought I'd share.

I'd love to see the entire movie with the color restored.

WOW. :applause: And, well,... dammit. :(

If they released a Restored Color bluray I'd go buy it right now. The difference is HUGE. But what are the odds they'll ever release one?