• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Cap 3 is NOT Cap 2. Cap 3 is Avengers 2.5.

Two words : Iron Man.

Is Robert Downey Jr going to be playing Cap in this one? :devil:

No, he's going to be playing Iron Man. You know the one, right? $1.2 billion in his last film? ;)

Cap 3 is NOT Cap 2. Cap 3 is Avengers 2.5.

Two words : Iron Man.

Is Robert Downey Jr going to be playing Cap in this one? :devil:

No, he's going to be playing Iron Man. You know the one, right? $1.2 billion in his last film? ;)

Yes yes, we know. Both movies will do better than the previous ones. But that doesn't equal your crazy talk either. I'd take your bet at 1.5X if you want.

Edited by Rip

I'm talking about the final worldwide total.

I'll put my money where my mouth is if you'd like. :devil:

I'm happy to bet $20 on Cap 3 not doubling Bats vs Superman in worldwide sales. How do we define the total tally for both movies.

Once the rules are set, let me know. I may want in on this since Chip is giving away cash.

:baiting:

I'll take that bet. $20 each against you and Andrew.

Final totals for world-wide box office are the only numbers relevant in the bet. Cap 3 will be twice the total of BvS.

I'm confident in this. The logic for it is sound. It's not "Kool Aid," Hector...it's logic based on past performance of the movies in the current box office landscape. It makes complete and total sense.

Also, regarding the general public's knowledge of whatever movies are related or inter-connected...the thing that will matter is that I believe Cap 3 will be a much better movie in- and of-itself than BvS with no other factors involved. It will be better written, directed and acted.

$20 it is against worldwide total. My recommendation is Box Office Mojo and Boxoffice.com as the reference point for final results. Thenumbers.com seem to take longer to capture international results.

And I am doing this as a friendly wager. Not a 'you must be crazy' challenge.

:foryou:

I'm happy to bet $20 on Cap 3 not doubling Bats vs Superman in worldwide sales. How do we define the total tally for both movies.

Once the rules are set, let me know. I may want in on this since Chip is giving away cash.

Final totals for world-wide box office are the only numbers relevant in the bet. Cap 3 will be twice the total of BvS.

I'm confident in this. The logic for it is sound. It's not "Kool Aid," Hector...it's logic based on past performance of the movies in the current box office landscape. It makes complete and total sense.

Also, regarding the general public's knowledge of whatever movies are related or inter-connected...the thing that will matter is that I believe Cap 3 will be a much better movie in- and of-itself than BvS with no other factors involved. It will be better written, directed and acted.

$20 it is against worldwide total. My recommendation is Box Office Mojo and Boxoffice.com as the reference point for final results. Thenumbers.com seem to take longer to capture international results.

For the record I think Cap will be a much better movie then Bat/Sups but I don't think the box office difference will come close to 2x. Both will be huge draws at the box office.

we do have that thread made by some :baiting: that is going to show us the numbers in better detail.

what's going to make BvS fail or big a hugh success is going to be Chris Terrio writing of the film and how he handls making a superhero movie. if i remember correctly wasn't their a article about how WB/DC love the story Terrio did for BvS and now his working on JL part 1 & 2.

For the record I think Cap will be a much better movie then Bat/Sups but I don't think the box office difference will come close to 2x. Both will be huge draws at the box office.

Lay out what you think they will do respectively, I am curious to see the argument.