• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

It may not be a sequel but if it's a shared universe there are going to have to be crossover elements (which I would expect would be self evident upon watching the new movie).

It may not be a sequel but if it's a shared universe there are going to have to be crossover elements (which I would expect would be self evident upon watching the new movie).

I was thinking the same thing. The actor assumes there is no tie back to MOS. Zack Snyder and others most probably know the links between events of MOS and the follow-on BvS and JL movies.

Didnt they announce this a while back when they said there will be a separate MOS 2 later ?

They did, but this movie keeps getting referred to as a sequel in all media stories. They're just wanting to constantly reinforce that this isn't a sequel.

well my numbers of $750-900 and $1.5-$1.8 are based on actual previous results of the respective stables from which the new movies are coming from. I am curious for the numbers those who say no way, think BvS is going to do.

Will BvS exceed The Dark Knight movies?

Does anyone think Civil War, uniting two franchises, launching two major characters, and the likely death of a main one, can do anything OTHER than exceed Ironman 3?

To me, $1.5 Billion is guaranteed minimum for Civil War

For me, BvS will struggle to get to $1Bill

Hence the doubling prediction. Just curious to see some other numbers thrown out there.

Your numbers are all based upon upwards trending.

What if Avengers: Age of Ultron under performs? Meaning, it doesn't get the same word-of-mouth repeat viewing that the original did. Very possible.

And then Ant-Man isn't quite what they hoped it'd be, which is also very possible...and FF is.... another Fox movie that should've been a TV show...

That would be a good long wait for people looking for the next big superhero movie.... right in time for spring of 2016...

What if what we've seen from the BvS trailer is but a small part of a movie that is so much better than what we've seen? What if Wonder Woman and Aquaman help steal the show....

A lot can happen between now and then....

It has to be a sequel, right?

The reactions of the world and other heroes are directly tied in to what happened in MoS.

From him working with the military, to Aquaman being PO'd about what the terraforming machines did to the ocean.

well my numbers of $750-900 and $1.5-$1.8 are based on actual previous results of the respective stables from which the new movies are coming from. I am curious for the numbers those who say no way, think BvS is going to do.

Will BvS exceed The Dark Knight movies?

Does anyone think Civil War, uniting two franchises, launching two major characters, and the likely death of a main one, can do anything OTHER than exceed Ironman 3?

To me, $1.5 Billion is guaranteed minimum for Civil War

For me, BvS will struggle to get to $1Bill

Hence the doubling prediction. Just curious to see some other numbers thrown out there.

Your numbers are all based upon upwards trending.

What if Avengers: Age of Ultron under performs? Meaning, it doesn't get the same word-of-mouth repeat viewing that the original did. Very possible.

And then Ant-Man isn't quite what they hoped it'd be, which is also very possible...and FF is.... another Fox movie that should've been a TV show...

That would be a good long wait for people looking for the next big superhero movie.... right in time for spring of 2016...

What if what we've seen from the BvS trailer is but a small part of a movie that is so much better than what we've seen? What if Wonder Woman and Aquaman help steal the show....

A lot can happen between now and then....

CBT's comments are almost always well thought out, the logic compelling..... but in this case I think the basic concept of Batman duking it out with Superman is going to bring in a LOT of people who only occasionally attend the theatre. If it's cohesive with enough of the spectacular, it could be huge. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think the basic concept of Batman duking it out with Superman is going to bring in a LOT of people who only occasionally attend the theatre.

It's virtually impossible for me to imagine anyone who is even passingly familiar with both characters to ever find the idea of that fight anything other than puzzling. :eek: It's about as epic as imagining a throwdown between a tiger and a hamster. :insane:

This is the first superhero film I may not go see in the theater. The reviews will have to be stellar for me to consider it.

I think the basic concept of Batman duking it out with Superman is going to bring in a LOT of people who only occasionally attend the theatre.

It's virtually impossible for me to imagine anyone who is even passingly familiar with both characters to ever find the idea of that fight anything other than puzzling. :eek: It's about as epic as imagining a throwdown between a tiger and a hamster. :insane:

This is the first superhero film I may not go see in the theater. The reviews will have to be stellar for me to consider it.

Have you ever read The Dark Knight Returns, or had a chance to see the more recent animated version of this Frank Miller classic?

Have you ever read The Dark Knight Returns, or had a chance to see the more recent animated version of this Frank Miller classic?

Yes. Extremely well-written story centered around a dumb premise. You never had to read a page to know that whatever the fight entailed would involve the inevitable use of kryptonite to make sure Superman wasn't Superman anymore.