• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

This thread has great real-time relevant news with respect to this project. I am not trying to take away from that or what is. But given in my social network I have virtually no one to discuss comic stuff with I just had a random thought when coming across this thread. Maybe it will strike an accord with a few folks, but do any of you think that the lead character from the t.v. show person of interest would have not made a great Batman & Bruce Wayne? Still looking forward to this film and the updates here. Thanks.

This thread has great real-time relevant news with respect to this project. I am not trying to take away from that or what is. But given in my social network I have virtually no one to discuss comic stuff with I just had a random thought when coming across this thread. Maybe it will strike an accord with a few folks, but do any of you think that the lead character from the t.v. show person of interest would have not made a great Batman & Bruce Wayne? Still looking forward to this film and the updates here. Thanks.

That was the intent. So glad to see it is benefitting you in keeping track of movie news as it comes out.

That was the intent. So glad to see it is benefitting you in keeping track of movie news as it comes out.

Do you ever sleep ?

Do you ever sleep ?

Agent 12's shift is up. Agent 11 is on now.

EaRLO2l.jpg

Do you ever sleep ?

EaRLO2l.jpg

lol

Do you ever sleep ?

EaRLO2l.jpg

lol
lol lol

Just finished "Man of Steel" tonight.

-Jerel likey (thumbs u

It's my favorite Superman movie (and #1 on my favorite movie of 2013)
DCfangirl? hm

:foryou:

I only saw one trailer (the one on the Dark Knight Rises disc), I heard a few spoilers on Facebook, but I have to admit this movie absolutely blew me away in the storytelling and acting department. I couldn't believe the awful actor in "Cold Light of Day" could pull off being Superman the way he did. Diane Lane was superb in the subtle 'lost' way she acted after losing her spouse. Michael Shannon is always a hoot as a baddie (Premium Rush).

I won't say this will be my favorite movie of the year, but I can safely agree it will be my favorite comic book movie of 2013. What's more important, as far as I am concerned, the torch has been finally passed from the original franchise, which I might find hard to watch now.

The only things I didn't care for were the gratuitous product placements (Sears and ihop), like the originals and the noisy go-for-broke destroy the city (Avengers-style). I'm hoping the sequel does those things a little differently.

Older article, but since POI was created by Jonathan Nolan, still relevent: Batman Analogy Isn't That Far Off

DCfangirl? hm

I thought the same thing, Jerel. It is pretty impressive when a die-hard Marvel fan sees the positive in a DC movie.

:applause:

:roflmao:

I like the Dark Knight movies.

But yes,out of all the Superhero movies I've seen this year,Man of Steel is #1 in my favorite Comic Book movies of 2013 :)

One of the reasons why I didn't like past Superman films is how can someone "perfect" want to save us mortals?

Man of Steel is the first Superman movie that made me root for him (if you can believe that)

I always believed Superman is a smybol of hope for mankind to look up to (and he showed that in Man of Steel)

The product placement was eye-gouge worthy and the city destruction was crazy, just when you thought it was over, more stuffed got destroyed. There's practically no city left, Superman really has his work cut out for him rebuilding at super speed. It was pretty good though, not great, but real solid.

Edited by kapzilla

Older article, but since POI was created by Jonathan Nolan, still relevent: Batman Analogy Isn't That Far Off

Thanks for the link.

Person of Interest is the best show on TV.

Jim Caviezel would make a great Bruce Wayne.

Just discovered the show. Brilliant story line indeed. Only in season 1 right now.

It gets even better with season 2 and I'm just a couple of episodes into season 3 and it's took another leap in quality already.

One of those shows that has quality writing and great characters.