• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Could it be a little too soon to introduce the "death" of Superman by the second movie?

Oh, that character has been "dead" for quite some time now. You have to ask yourself, "Why is DC/WB blowing their wad so fast, and going straight to a Supe/Bats combo movie, instead of 3 or 4 stand alone Supes films?".

They are simply trying to take the decent leverage they got from the first Supes film and make themselves look even more attractive to Disney, before the wheels fell off in future Supes stand alone sequels.

A couple successful Supes/Bats movies would definitely help to get Disney to up their current offer of pennies on the dollar for DC's characters. DC/WB will raise the white flag eventually. They know they can't compete with Marvel/Disney. The pitiful competition for Marvel/Disney is completely undistinguished. DC/WB knows their situation is dire. They will eventually be gobbled up by Disney. It's just a matter of time. How much $$ can they get out of Disney is the only unknown remaining.

I look forward to an Avengers/JLA movie in 2025. :)

Thank you All Powerful Disney.

image_zps4f696e34.jpg

You do realize that one DC movie was nominated for more Academy Awards than every Marvel movie ever made. They are doing fine. But there's nothing wrong with Disney/Marvel aiming for the Tween demographic, my kids love them.

Could it be a little too soon to introduce the "death" of Superman by the second movie?

Oh, that character has been "dead" for quite some time now. You have to ask yourself, "Why is DC/WB blowing their wad so fast, and going straight to a Supe/Bats combo movie, instead of 3 or 4 stand alone Supes films?".

They are simply trying to take the decent leverage they got from the first Supes film and make themselves look even more attractive to Disney, before the wheels fell off in future Supes stand alone sequels.

A couple successful Supes/Bats movies would definitely help to get Disney to up their current offer of pennies on the dollar for DC's characters. DC/WB will raise the white flag eventually. They know they can't compete with Marvel/Disney. The pitiful competition for Marvel/Disney is completely undistinguished. DC/WB knows their situation is dire. They will eventually be gobbled up by Disney. It's just a matter of time. How much $$ can they get out of Disney is the only unknown remaining.

marvel doesn't own all their characters so that does hurt them in the long run. DC/WB looks like they have a plan on using all the characters and that could pay off for them in the long run more then Marvel.

image_zps4f696e34.jpg

You do realize that one DC movie was nominated for more Academy Awards than every Marvel movie ever made. But there's nothing wrong with Disney/Marvel aiming for the children's market, my kids love them.

You do realize that every Marvel movie has made the company a zillion dollars in total revenue. (I didn't see any TrickerTreaters wearing DC costumes this year. Only Marvel costumes.) You keep your "award". lol Awards don't pay the bills. We're interested in $$$$. Of which Marvel is the Distinguished Champion. Game over and lights out for DC/WB. This is common knowledge.

marvel doesn't own all their characters so that does hurt them in the long run. DC/WB looks like they have a plan on using all the characters and that could pay off for them in the long run more then Marvel.

Wishful thinking of a dreamer. Follow the money. It all leads to Marvel/Disney. The 6 billion Disney paid for Marvel was a steal. They'll make trillions over the next 200 years with Marvel properties. They will get the rights to everything in time. I only hope I live long enough to see the eventual Marvel Super Hero /Star Wars Park built in Florida. :applause:

You do realize that every Marvel movie has made the company a zillion dollars in total revenue. (I didn't see any TrickerTreaters wearing DC costumes this year. Only Marvel costumes.) You keep your "award". lol Awards don't pay the bills. We're interested in $$$$. Of which Marvel is the Distinguished Champion. Game over and lights out for DC/WB. This is common knowledge.

A zillion dollars? Costumes?! You win bro.

image_zps4f696e34.jpg

You do realize that one DC movie was nominated for more Academy Awards than every Marvel movie ever made. But there's nothing wrong with Disney/Marvel aiming for the children's market, my kids love them.

A zillion dollars? Costumes?! You win bro.

You're missing the point. Kids in Marvel costumes only shows where the popularity is now and for the future. Revenue from movies, cartoons, tv shows, DVDs, video games, lunch boxes, back packs, pencils, erasers, toys, action figures, bed sheets, pillow cases, blankets, clothing, Universal Studios, cruise ships and amusement parks............ My God, the list goes on and on. I could type all day long the things Marvel/Disney gets $$$ from.

You wanna make money? Forget the friggin' comic books. That's a waste of time and gradually being phased out. It's all right there in front of you. Invest in Marvel/Disney as they conquer the world.

image_zps4f696e34.jpg

You do realize that one DC movie was nominated for more Academy Awards than every Marvel movie ever made. They are doing fine. But there's nothing wrong with Disney/Marvel aiming for the Tween demographic, my kids love them.

Are you saying that Academy Awards are the standard by which all films should be judged?

If so, what worth are nominations if you don't actually win any awards?

Three films have won 11 Academy Awards, one of those being Titanic - does that mean it's one of the three greatest films ever made?

I realize you have your Marvel blinders on.

Did Marvel do like four or five Iron Man movies before The Avengers? Did they do at least two-three Thor or Captain America movies? No. They blended them all together ratherly quickly (and wisely) to make a super buildup flick.

Why would Superman or Batman wait for four-five movies before a World's Finest partnership?

image_zps4f696e34.jpg

Are you saying that Academy Awards are the standard by which all films should be judged?

Three films have won 11 Academy Awards, one of those being Titanic - does that mean it's one of the three greatest films ever made?

:facepalm: Yes, that's exactly what I said. All of it.

(thumbs u

Did Marvel do like four or five Iron Man movies before The Avengers? Did they do at least two-three Thor or Captain America movies? No. They blended them all together ratherly quickly (and wisely) to make a super buildup flick.

Why would Superman or Batman wait for four-five movies before a World's Finest partnership?

2 Iron Man.

2 Hulks.

1 Cap.

1 Thor.

You have to admit it does seem rather hasty to go straight for the Bats/Supes team-up instead of delivering some more Supes films and creating a new Batman franchise.

$$$$ blinders.

To make more $$$$$. Obviously they feel like they can't. These are companies in business to make $$$. That's all they care about. If they felt Superman sequels would be highly profitable , they would do them.

I sense an underlying insecurity amongst DC fans. It's not a contest. It's about $$$$.

My original post states how I believe DC properties will be "gobbled up" (bought out) by Disney eventually. I look forward to it. I look forward to the crossover of Marvel/DC character movies, cartoons, tv shows, lunch boxes, etc. But that's the fan part of me. The part of me that looks at paying the bills now and in the future knows Marvel/Disney is where to be.

And like I said (again).... DC will eventually be on the same team.

2 Iron Man.

2 Hulks.

1 Cap.

1 Thor.

You have to admit it does seem rather hasty to go straight for the Bats/Supes team-up instead of delivering some more Supes films and creating a new Batman franchise.

they only did one hulk movie

2 Iron Man.

2 Hulks.

1 Cap.

1 Thor.

Yup. It's obvious DC/WB is looking for some good press before they go to Disney looking for an offer. They want out, and they want out fast, as they watch the Marvel Money Train steamroll over the entire planet.

I was rude to dismiss you.

No, the standard is determined by me. And you. Not by the Academy and not by Box Office. However, the Academy is a decent guide.

DC has actually won two Academy Awards but being nominated is still a pretty good indicator that there is substance. Not always, so don't break out Titanic on me.

It could be to someone else.

You guys are aware of Christopher Nolan's billion dollar Dark Knight trilogy? What they are doing might (probably is) be out of continuity, but after two rehashings of the Bat origins within 24 years, I can't see them doing it again with another actor and keeping stuff fresh to attract moviegoers. From my understanding, Batman is only a co-star in a Superman movie that is gonna lead to bigger DC things. I hope. :/

2 Iron Man.

2 Hulks.

1 Cap.

1 Thor.

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

Dark Knight Rises

Man of Steel

It would have been nice to flow Bale into this "vs" film, and keep it consistent. But another may be what they needed to change things up. We shall see.

But the same person saying DC is in it for the money (guess Marvel did it for the love of the fans only) also thought Man of Steel at $650 MM + $170 MM in promotion funds was a bust because it hadn't broke a billion dollars.

2 Iron Man.

2 Hulks.

1 Cap.

1 Thor.

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

Dark Knight Rises

Man of Steel

It would have been nice to flow Bale into this "vs" film, and keep it consistent. But another may be what they needed to change things up. We shall see.

But the same person saying DC is in it for the money (guess Marvel did it for the love of the fans only) also thought Man of Steel at $650 MM + $170 MM in promotion funds was a bust because it hadn't broke a billion dollars.

Oh please, I never said that and you know it. You just don't want to admit I'm right about what I've said. MoS was a decent showing (as I've posted many times) in terms of $$$. It wasn't a homerun for one of their most recognized characters. Stop counting the promo $$. Every film gets them but doesn't feel the need to advertise it to the public. (or to the IRS).

I stand by the recent comments I've made about DC/WB unable to compete with Marvel/Disney and going straight to Supes/

Bats to get a better offer from Disney. WB/DC wants out yesterday. Marvel/Disney is playing chess and DC/WB is playing checkers. I can just imagine the frustration of DC/WB execs as the watch the Marvel Money Train steamroll right over them.

Stockholders are looking for $$$ paid on their investments, not awards.
The toy sales will take care of that. The award noms and wins, just add more bucks to the grosses and certain bragging rights of cinematic prestige.

Really?? What toy sales? Every single kid wants Marvel stuff. Kids have no interest in DC. None.

More bucks to the grosses?? Seriously? Are you comparing WB grosses to Disney's ? That's like the paper delivery guy comparing his earnings to Bill Gates.

But hey, you keep believing DC is still relevant. The people with IQs higher than sea kelp know where to invest.

:gossip: It's Marvel.