• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Oh, that character has been "dead" for quite some time now. You have to ask yourself, "Why is DC/WB blowing their wad so fast, and going straight to a Supe/Bats combo movie, instead of 3 or 4 stand alone Supes films?".

They are simply trying to take the decent leverage they got from the first Supes film and make themselves look even more attractive to Disney, before the wheels fell off in future Supes stand alone sequels.

A couple successful Supes/Bats movies would definitely help to get Disney to up their current offer of pennies on the dollar for DC's characters. DC/WB will raise the white flag eventually. They know they can't compete with Marvel/Disney. The pitiful competition for Marvel/Disney is completely undistinguished. DC/WB knows their situation is dire. They will eventually be gobbled up by Disney. It's just a matter of time. How much $$ can they get out of Disney is the only unknown remaining.

I look forward to an Avengers/JLA movie in 2025. :)

Thank you All Powerful Disney.

I realize you have your Marvel blinders on.

Did Marvel do like four or five Iron Man movies before The Avengers? Did they do at least two-three Thor or Captain America movies? No. They blended them all together ratherly quickly (and wisely) to make a super buildup flick.

Why would Superman or Batman wait for four-five movies before a World's Finest partnership?

2 Iron Man.

2 Hulks.

1 Cap.

1 Thor.

You have to admit it does seem rather hasty to go straight for the Bats/Supes team-up instead of delivering some more Supes films and creating a new Batman franchise.

Yup. It's obvious DC/WB is looking for some good press before they go to Disney looking for an offer. They want out, and they want out fast, as they watch the Marvel Money Train steamroll over the entire planet.

they should buy Lions Gate films and then coerce Suzanne Collins into writing more Hunger Game novels because the movie blew past the Thor domestic box office putt putt mobile after four days and will blow past the WW Thor BO by $250mm.

Oh please, I never said that and you know it. You just don't want to admit I'm right about what I've said. MoS was a decent showing (as I've posted many times) in terms of $$$. It wasn't a homerun for one of their most recognized characters. Stop counting the promo $$. Every film gets them but doesn't feel the need to advertise it to the public. (or to the IRS).

Some fellow started an entire thread to bash on Man of Steel

I stand by the recent comments I've made about DC/WB unable to compete with Marvel/Disney and going straight to Supes/

Bats to get a better offer from Disney. WB/DC wants out yesterday. Marvel/Disney is playing chess and DC/WB is playing checkers. I can just imagine the frustration of DC/WB execs as the watch the Marvel Money Train steamroll right over them.

Arguing over which company makes the better movies when both companies are hitting home runs seems like you are just looking to churn the pot.

Man of Steel was a great way to relaunch a franchise that had lost its way long ago. Why bash on these movies?

Stockholders are looking for $$$ paid on their investments, not awards.
The toy sales will take care of that. The award noms and wins, just add more bucks to the grosses and certain bragging rights of cinematic prestige.

Really?? What toy sales? Every single kid wants Marvel stuff. Kids have no interest in DC. None.

More bucks to the grosses?? Seriously? Are you comparing WB grosses to Disney's ? That's like the paper delivery guy comparing his earnings to Bill Gates.

But hey, you keep believing DC is still relevant. The people with IQs higher than sea kelp know where to invest.

:gossip: It's Marvel.

Hey, go easy on me now. I kinda enjoyed Catwoman. :baiting:

Really?? What toy sales? Every single kid wants Marvel stuff. Kids have no interest in DC. None.

Althugh I will agree Marvel toy figures dominate store shelves, I don't know if anyone can agree with you 100% KIDS HAVE NO INTEREST IN DC. NONE.

That's a bit of a stretch. Why are there so many Batman and Superman figures on Walmart, Target and Toys-R-Us shelves? Just to take pity on DC?

Althugh I will agree Marvel toy figures dominate store shelves, I don't know if anyone can agree with you 100% KIDS HAVE NO INTEREST IN DC. NONE.

That's a bit of a stretch. Why are there so many Batman and Superman figures on Walmart, Target and Toys-R-Us shelves? Just to take pity on DC?

You tell em, Bosco. I'm rooting for ya.

Oh please, I never said that and you know it. You just don't want to admit I'm right about what I've said. MoS was a decent showing (as I've posted many times) in terms of $$$. It wasn't a homerun for one of their most recognized characters. Stop counting the promo $$. Every film gets them but doesn't feel the need to advertise it to the public. (or to the IRS).

I stand by the recent comments I've made about DC/WB unable to compete with Marvel/Disney and going straight to Supes/

Bats to get a better offer from Disney. WB/DC wants out yesterday. Marvel/Disney is playing chess and DC/WB is playing checkers. I can just imagine the frustration of DC/WB execs as the watch the Marvel Money Train steamroll right over them.

Arguing over which company makes the better movies when both companies are hitting home runs seems like you are just looking to churn the pot.

Man of Steel was a great way to relaunch a franchise that had lost its way long ago. Why bash on these movies?

Why are you making stuff up? Here is my opening post of that thread.......

Warner Bros. Pictures' Man of Steel dropped to third place and lost about 64.7% in ticket sales from its first weekend, a larger percentage than was expected. The Superman movie brought in $41.2 million its second weekend and has earned $210 million after two weeks. Overseas, the Zack Snyder-directed film performed much better in first place with another $89 million for an international total of $188.3 million. Worldwide, the $225 million-budgeted Man of Steel has reached $398.3 million.

---------------------------------------

Clearly, audiences preferred Iron Man 3 and The Avengers over Superman. Only Marvel has "it".

Kudos to DC for finally putting out a decent film, though. \(thumbs u

============================

Where am I bashing? Have you actually read my posts or are you just feeling so down over Marvel dominating DC that you read what you want to read? I'm not arguing over who makes the better movies (although I'm a Marvel fan and enjoy them more). I'm stating Marvel/Disney makes tons more money. I'm not arguing that point. I'm stating it. It's a fact. Failure to take your inner fanboy out of the equation is going to cost you money. That's all I'm talking about. Don't be aggravated with yourself 20 years from now because you didn't take advantage of jumping on the Marvel Money Train now. I hope to see you at the finish line with me loaded with cash. (thumbs u

But if someone wants to hold out for DC/WB to catch up and pass Marve/Disney because they like their characters more is not making decisions with their brain. Just their heart.

Why are there so many Batman and Superman figures on Walmart, Target and Toys-R-Us shelves?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest they're sitting on shelves because nobody is interested in actually buying them.

Marvel toys are in the hands of kids because parents paid for them. Every kid has Marvel stuff. Too numerous too mention all the stuff. Read my previous post.

Oh, that character has been "dead" for quite some time now. You have to ask yourself, "Why is DC/WB blowing their wad so fast, and going straight to a Supe/Bats combo movie, instead of 3 or 4 stand alone Supes films?".

They are simply trying to take the decent leverage they got from the first Supes film and make themselves look even more attractive to Disney, before the wheels fell off in future Supes stand alone sequels.

A couple successful Supes/Bats movies would definitely help to get Disney to up their current offer of pennies on the dollar for DC's characters. DC/WB will raise the white flag eventually. They know they can't compete with Marvel/Disney. The pitiful competition for Marvel/Disney is completely undistinguished. DC/WB knows their situation is dire. They will eventually be gobbled up by Disney. It's just a matter of time. How much $$ can they get out of Disney is the only unknown remaining.

Did Marvel do like four or five Iron Man movies before The Avengers? Did they do at least two-three Thor or Captain America movies? No. They blended them all together ratherly quickly (and wisely) to make a super buildup flick.

Why would Superman or Batman wait for four-five movies before a World's Finest partnership?

2 Iron Man.

2 Hulks.

1 Cap.

1 Thor.

You have to admit it does seem rather hasty to go straight for the Bats/Supes team-up instead of delivering some more Supes films and creating a new Batman franchise.

Yup. It's obvious DC/WB is looking for some good press before they go to Disney looking for an offer. They want out, and they want out fast, as they watch the Marvel Money Train steamroll over the entire planet.

they should buy Lions Gate films and then coerce Suzanne Collins into writing more Hunger Game novels because the movie blew past the Thor domestic box office putt putt mobile after four days and will blow past the WW Thor BO by $250mm.

And this is relevant how?

It also made more money than MoS, but I still don't see how that's relevant to the discussion. You brought a knife to a gun fight.

Why are you making stuff up?

Let me make it big enough for you so it jumps out.

Only Marvel has "it".

Where am I bashing? Have you actually read my posts or are you just feeling so down over Marvel dominating DC that you read what you want to read?

lol

Oh, I am definitely wrong. You are very open-minded.

:facepalm:

Why are you making stuff up?

Let me make it big enough for you so it jumps out.

Only Marvel has "it".

That's bashing? Wow.

We have different views on what constitutes bashing. :foryou:

It is the consistent message from you. Only Marvel knows how to make hits. DC only makes dogs.

Meanwhile, there has been Road to Perdition, History of Violence, V for Vendetta, Stardust, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, RED, RED 2, The Spirit (definite dog), Watchmen. Does Marvel even have a list like that of non-superhero hits?

Preacher and Sandman may make for interesting comparisons when the Marvel Netflix shows come out as well. Unfortunately, S.H.I.E.L.D. was not what I thought it was going to be. But one can hope.

Why are you making stuff up? Here is my opening post of that thread.......

Warner Bros. Pictures' Man of Steel dropped to third place and lost about 64.7% in ticket sales from its first weekend, a larger percentage than was expected. The Superman movie brought in $41.2 million its second weekend and has earned $210 million after two weeks. Overseas, the Zack Snyder-directed film performed much better in first place with another $89 million for an international total of $188.3 million. Worldwide, the $225 million-budgeted Man of Steel has reached $398.3 million.

---------------------------------------

Clearly, audiences preferred Iron Man 3 and The Avengers over Superman. Only Marvel has "it".

Kudos to DC for finally putting out a decent film, though. \(thumbs u

============================

Where am I bashing? Have you actually read my posts or are you just feeling so down over Marvel dominating DC that you read what you want to read? I'm not arguing over who makes the better movies (although I'm a Marvel fan and enjoy them more). I'm stating Marvel/Disney makes tons more money. I'm not arguing that point. I'm stating it. It's a fact. Failure to take your inner fanboy out of the equation is going to cost you money. That's all I'm talking about. Don't be aggravated with yourself 20 years from now because you didn't take advantage of jumping on the Marvel Money Train now. I hope to see you at the finish line with me loaded with cash. (thumbs u

But if someone wants to hold out for DC/WB to catch up and pass Marve/Disney because they like their characters more is not making decisions with their brain. Just their heart.

ironman 3 only hit a billion because it was the first movie after the avengers hell thor would have hit a billion if it was first after avengers. DC/WB are doing what they need to do and is have a plan, goal which they have now and I don't need them to catch up. Both marvel and DC toys sell OK kids know there they're in store but thats not what's hot and ever kid is playing with.

It's great to see how Affleck is wanting to make this work, and from the sounds of it taking care in how the role and -script is approached.

Ben Affleck Talks Exciting ‘Batman vs. Superman’ World & Batfleck Internet Outrage

Well, I don’t want to get too far afield and I’m sure I’ll have time to talk about Batman down the road. What I’ll say is that I really like Zack. From what I’ve seen of what’s Zack is doing, it’s made me very excited. One of the nice things about being an actor in that movie is they show you all the stuff before anyone else gets to see it. So all the sort of world-creation, and the take on the character and the other characters is really exciting. And at the end of the day, the truth is it’s really directors that make movies work or not — especially these kinds of movies, where it’s about the whole world, and a rising tide lifts all ships. And if it all has integrity, if it all has a sense of realism, then it works. And if it doesn’t, [then] it doesn’t really matter what everyone’s doing [on the screen] because they just look like a bunch of Mexican wrestlers in suits.

It's great to see how Affleck is wanting to make this work, and from the sounds of it taking care in how the role and -script is approached.

Ben Affleck Talks Exciting ‘Batman vs. Superman’ World & Batfleck Internet Outrage

Well, I don’t want to get too far afield and I’m sure I’ll have time to talk about Batman down the road. What I’ll say is that I really like Zack. From what I’ve seen of what’s Zack is doing, it’s made me very excited. One of the nice things about being an actor in that movie is they show you all the stuff before anyone else gets to see it. So all the sort of world-creation, and the take on the character and the other characters is really exciting. And at the end of the day, the truth is it’s really directors that make movies work or not — especially these kinds of movies, where it’s about the whole world, and a rising tide lifts all ships. And if it all has integrity, if it all has a sense of realism, then it works. And if it doesn’t, [then] it doesn’t really matter what everyone’s doing [on the screen] because they just look like a bunch of Mexican wrestlers in suits.

lol

Stockholders are looking for $$$ paid on their investments, not awards.
The toy sales will take care of that. The award noms and wins, just add more bucks to the grosses and certain bragging rights of cinematic prestige.

More bucks to the grosses?? Seriously? Are you comparing WB grosses to Disney's ? That's like the paper delivery guy comparing his earnings to Bill Gates.

But hey, you keep believing DC is still relevant. The people with IQs higher than sea kelp know where to invest.

:gossip: It's Marvel.

:eek::o:popcorn:

-slym

+++++1

Hulksmash is a marvel guy and prefers marvel over DC nothing wrong with that. Christopher Nolan is the key to DC being successful so it is looking everyone wins...

2 Iron Man.

2 Hulks.

1 Cap.

1 Thor.

they only did one hulk movie

The second one follows on from the first, regardless of who made it, so it is a link in the pre-Avengers chain.

I was rude to dismiss you.

Are you saying that Academy Awards are the standard by which all films should be judged?

No, the standard is determined by me. And you. Not by the Academy and not by Box Office. However, the Academy is a decent guide.

If so, what worth are nominations if you don't actually win any awards?

DC has actually won two Academy Awards but being nominated is still a pretty good indicator that there is substance. Not always, so don't break out Titanic on me.

Three films have won 11 Academy Awards, one of those being Titanic - does that mean it's one of the three greatest films ever made?

It could be to someone else.

(thumbs u :hi: