• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Kevin Smith to address rumours about him writing a fake Batman v Superman -script

KevinSmith: Riddle me this, riddle me that! Did I write a diversionary -script for the Bat? Let me tell you a story... Tomorrow morning at 11am PST.

I think this is the most press Kevin Smith has gotten in a long time when it comes to the 'Batman v Superman' movie.

Kevin Smith Denies Writing Fake BATMAN v SUPERMAN -script

No, anything I’ve said about “Milo and Sage” was based on an image Zack showed me while hosting a MAN OF STEEL online event at Yahoo many months back. The little I know of the flick beyond that I learned from some cats involved (though never BatFleck himself; as I’ve said a few times now on the Babble-On podcast, beyond email, I haven’t spoken to Ben in years). Fun story, though.

You're still pimpin' this crapfest? :roflmao:

Just yankin your chain. I haven't done it in a while and I didn't want you to think I forgot about you. :)

[font:Arial Black]Marvel Attacks![/font]

fiSDpEc.png

:baiting:

‘Batman v Superman’ Not on Warner Bros. Comic-Con Schedule; ‘Star Wars Episode VII’ Also Out

First up, StarWars.com wrote about how the franchise will be represented at San Diego Comic-Con. There’s a huge Star Wars Rebels panel on Friday, panels on the new books, the original trilogy, but then this note:

With Star Wars: Episode VII creators deep in production in anticipation of the film’s December 18, 2015, release, Lucasfilm will not be featuring the movie at SDCC.

“Not featuring” doesn’t mean it won’t be “absent,” but it doesn’t look good for those expecting a big showing. Maybe there’s just be a small tease. Read more at the official site through the link above.

That’s the same attitude with Batman v Superman. Just because it’s not part of the Warner Bros. panel just yet (as reported by the Los Angeles Times) that doesn’t mean it won’t be there. The film has been shooting for a few weeks now and there will definitely be some footage that can be shown if they choose to. On the other hand, it doesn’t come out until May 2016. That’s after Star Wars. The film does not have to be at Comic-Con 2014.

THE MOTLEY FOOL: 3 Reasons 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' Will Sail Past $1 Billion at the Box Office

Dawn of Justice will see the introduction of Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Aquaman to the universe established in Man of Steel. Casting has yet to be announced for rumored characters like Green Lantern and The Flash, but it wouldn't be surprising to see them show up. While this may seem like a lot to juggle in one film, it's likely that most of the focus will be placed on Superman's conflict with The Dark Knight and problems kicked up by Lex Luthor and other dastardly agents.

It's also worth pointing out that Warner's superheroes are much more established than characters like Iron Man, Thor, and Black Widow were at the inception of the Disney's cinematic superhero empire. Players like Batman and Wonder Woman are iconic enough that they don't need to be introduced with solo films in Snyder's universe.

THE MOTLEY FOOL: 3 Reasons 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' Will Sail Past $1 Billion at the Box Office

Dawn of Justice will see the introduction of Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Aquaman to the universe established in Man of Steel. Casting has yet to be announced for rumored characters like Green Lantern and The Flash, but it wouldn't be surprising to see them show up. While this may seem like a lot to juggle in one film, it's likely that most of the focus will be placed on Superman's conflict with The Dark Knight and problems kicked up by Lex Luthor and other dastardly agents.

It's also worth pointing out that Warner's superheroes are much more established than characters like Iron Man, Thor, and Black Widow were at the inception of the Disney's cinematic superhero empire. Players like Batman and Wonder Woman are iconic enough that they don't need to be introduced with solo films in Snyder's universe.

This quote... while probably true... perplexes me a tad bit.

The solo Marvel films made the anticipation level rise for me towards a group Avengers film.

While I'm sure fan anticipation for Dawn of Justice will be high... all of Marvel's end credit scenes, cameos and interweaving of plotlines made me REALLY want to see Avengers hm

None of this matters though... I will still be at theater opening weekend for this ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

To me this movie doing at least 1 billion worldwide is a no-brainer. if this movie did 400 million or below worldwide I would bet Warner would pull the plug on all of the expanded universe film projects, and just go back to concentrating on solo Batman and Superman movies. I would be shocked if this did a little over 200 million domestically like ASM 2 or X-Men Days of Future Past just did.

So Bosco you bring up a good point on how important this movie will be for the future of comic book movies.

If it is successful the comic book movie boom continues to roll long. :cloud9:

If it does mediocre results the comic book movie boom could really slow down to a halt. :o

Now that I think about it this 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' movie is still scheduled to go against Captain America 3. hm

Could cannibalization of too many superhero movies be the one thing that will put an end to the superhero boom? Too much of a good thing?

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

That site keeps denying the image.

msdYnVd.jpg

So I copied it to IMGUR for you.

lol

Believe it or not when I was shopping at Wal-Mart to pick up a new GPS charger for my car the other day I bumped into a old friend I haven`t seen in a long time, and yes we started gabbing about Batman v Superman. He is all excited about Ben Affleck replacing Bale. I asked why, and he said he just couldn`t stand Bale`s Batman voice.

He missed the last two Batman movies because of Bale`s voice. I loved that Nolan Batman Trilogy, but I guess some people didn`t share that same feeling, and are going ga-ga that Ben Affleck replaced Bale as Batman.

I even try to politely drop a hint that well at least Bale was better then George Clooney as Batman with the costume nipples joke, and he wouldn`t hear it. He just couldn't`t get past Bale`s Batman voice. He said it ruined it for him and has no interest in the Nolan Batman Trilogy. Just wow! :o

This quote... while probably true... perplexes me a tad bit.

The solo Marvel films made the anticipation level rise for me towards a group Avengers film.

While I'm sure fan anticipation for Dawn of Justice will be high... all of Marvel's end credit scenes, cameos and interweaving of plotlines made me REALLY want to see Avengers hm

None of this matters though... I will still be at theater opening weekend for this ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

I think why that point is important is due to DC/Warner dropping the ball over the years. Where there should have been a creative roadmap piecing together the DC Universe across Batman Begings, Superman Returns and Green Lantern, each was released as a standalone production with no scheme tied to the bigger comic book world.

Now that Warner finally realized from Marvel's success what they missed out on, it would take years to release each of those individual character movies building up to Justice League. So not a bad idea to just go for broke, and buildup the excitement within two movies ('Man of Steel' and then 'Batman v Superman'), and get things back on track. It is a bummer though the next movie is still two years away. That is a lot of viewership time lost.

msdYnVd.jpg

lol

Believe it or not when I was shopping at Wal-Mart to pick up a new GPS charger for my car the other day I bumped into a old friend I haven`t seen in a long time, and yes we started gabbing about Batman v Superman. He is all excited about Ben Affleck replacing Bale. I asked why, and he said he just couldn`t stand Bale`s Batman voice.

He missed the last two Batman movies because of Bale`s voice. I loved that Nolan Batman Trilogy, but I guess some people didn`t share that same feeling, and are going ga-ga that Ben Affleck replaced Bale as Batman.

I even try to politely drop a hint that well at least Bale was better then George Clooney as Batman with the costume nipples joke, and he wouldn`t hear it. He just couldn't`t get past Bale`s Batman voice. He said it ruined it for him and has no interest in the Nolan Batman Trilogy. Just wow! :o

:(

giphy2_zps0f79c93c.gif

msdYnVd.jpg

lol

giphy2_zps0f79c93c.gif

:)

One thing I left out was my friend gave me a impression of Bale doing Batman! :sick:

A bunch of Wal-Mart employees gave us a weird look. lol

msdYnVd.jpg

lol

giphy2_zps0f79c93c.gif

One thing I left out was my friend gave me a impression of Bale doing Batman! :sick:

A bunch of Wal-Mart employees gave us a weird look. lol

Pete Holmes does the best impression of Batman Bale ;)

Cracks me up everytime :roflmao: