• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

The Batmobile Might Hit The Mean Streets Of, Uh, Detroit This August

:whee:

Batman-News have spotted a report over at OLV in which they reveal that businesses near Detroit's Corktown district have been notified that a movie will be shooting around Shelby St from W Larned St to Lafayette and Fort Street from Woodward to Washington Blvd between August 6th - August 9th. It's obviously Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, and residents have been warned to expect no explosions, but plenty of fast moving vehicles and smoke. There have been rumours of a Batmobile chase being shot sometime this summer, so it now seems very likely that we will indeed see the iconic vehicle in action as we did with the Tumbler and The Bat when The Dark Knight Rises was being filmed in New York and Chicago. This could even mean that we get a look at Ben Affleck on set dressed as the Caped Crusader, or it could be that we end up seeing very little at all! If you're in the area during these dates, be sure to send some photos out way...

Kevin Feige Says Captain America 3 Will Not Move For Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice

------------------------------

When asked, by Empire Magazine, how he felt about Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment “getting their act together” and going toe-to-toe with Marvel over the May 6, 2016 release date, Feige had this to say:

I don’t think it is quite far to say DC is finally getting their act together. The Dark Knight movies were rather successful and genre-defining, they altered the genre in big ways. So I think there has always been competition that way. I mean Iron Man was the number one movie of 2008 until The Dark Knight came along, and I loved it, frankly. I love that the number 1 and the number 2 movies of that year, and it has happened a number of times since then, being comic-book movies, even if it wasn’t one we made. Here we are now, 14 years since the first Marvel movie I worked on. At that point it had been eight years and for about those eight years people had been asking ‘How much longer is this gonna last?’ ‘When are people gonna get tired of these movies? And my answer always was ‘People only get tired if a whole slew of terrible ones come out’. And it was our job to make sure that doesn’t happen. If there are other people out there interested in that not happening as well, I’m all for it!

------------------------------

It's cool that he was honest and admitted he was impressed with 'The Dark Knight' and that the two companies are cranking out movies that are bringing comic books forward as successful on film.

:applause:

That is pretty much how I thought the so-called rivalry between DC and Marvel was. It's cool he acknowledged how careful they have to be when making these too. I'm beginning to think these franchises are here to stay (allowing they continue to make money).

That is pretty much how I thought the so-called rivalry between DC and Marvel was. It's cool he acknowledged how careful they have to be when making these too. I'm beginning to think these franchises are here to stay (allowing they continue to make money).

And it was more of a mature, honest summary of the situation that made it worth reading. It's not just about the competition going on. It's about these carefully crafted plans to build out much larger comic universes.

I'm impressed.

I'm posting this in the Batman v Superman thread since it is in fact a Batman v Superman on-topic post and I didn't want to clutter up CG with a new thread.

I stopped buying comics off the stand (mostly) in the mid-late 80s and missed out on the Frank Miller Batman Returns series.

I've never had an opportunity to read it since but last night I found out they made it into a anime film and watched it.

I don't know for sure how well it matched up with the source material (100% or 90% or whatever) since I've never read the original but I did like this.

Bat-Tank... :cloud9:

Here's links to part 1 and 2.

They're only about one hour long each and are free and in 720 HD.

:D

http://putlocker.is/watch-batman-the-dark-knight-returns-part-1-online-free-putlocker.html

http://putlocker.is/watch-batman-the-dark-knight-returns-part-2-online-free-putlocker.html

Fan made?

rho9dy.jpg

Peace,

Chip

I'm thinking the cheaply lifted images of bats and supes from the Dark Knight Returns is a dead giveaway it's fanmade.

Looks like Luthor From Smallville.

Now you can't say Affleck hasn't suffered for his craft.

Ben Affleck Avoids Bathroom In Batsuit During Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice Filming

--------------------------------

But that isn’t the worst of Ben Affleck’s problems with the batsuit. Apparently, because of the long process involved in taking a bathroom break, the film insider states, “He’s constantly trying to avoid going to the toilet because it’s such an ordeal. The entire production has to stop and begin the tedious process of peeling the suit on and off. It’s not an ideal situation.”

--------------------------------

:eek:

i'll be really surprise if they announce anything these weekend.

I think Dwayne Johnson's news is just around the corner. Now how that ties into BvS or JL will be interesting.

I think Dwayne Johnson's news is just around the corner. Now how that ties into BvS or JL will be interesting.

and their DC film universe

I doubt they'd let an opportunity to build fan anticipation at such a prestigious event slip by - they have to give us something!

I want to see that "historic" photo of the trinity at the very least. I mean they talked about it enough. Cough it up WB!