• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

None of this was done maliciously and was a strategy to misdirect much of sites that intended to spoil the film.

I guess I can see the reasoning when so many reporters are trying to publish every detail they can dig up, including encouraging people to sneak onto sets and take pictures and videos. But would Warner go this far to throw them off the trail?

that's what i'm wondering if it turns out to be true that they faked a -script and we get better information come SDCC about the movie and were it's going. then i gave WB :applause: for making sure everybody was misdirected.

What if all of it has been a lie?? What if Ben Affleck is playing Mister Mxyzptlk?! :ohnoez:

lol

7wFMyMO.jpg

Batman v Superman rumored to have four villains in addition to Lex Luthor

Not sure if I like this. The several villains concept worked out bad in the latest Spider-Man movie and even horribly in Batman and Robin. Concentrating on fewer villains with more depth in character usually is more interesting.

If done right, it will be a neat way of opening up the DC Universe, if done wrong it will feel bloated. A lot of it will definitely depend on editing and storytelling (obviously). I enjoy most funnybook movies, but I still have reservations on a stunt like this for a solo hero's franchise. In my opinion, it's gonna be a lot of awesome imagery, but too much at once too. I'm hoping for the best. :wishluck:

There is no way all these characters are going to receive equal screen time, but rather be brief appearances. Especially with all these movies rumored to be announced at SDCC, and wanting to tie the universe together, you can only do this through references and appearances.

I hope you're right :wishluck: It does makes sense

Those things worth satirization are those things worth giving one's attention to.

:luhv:

If anything, all the discussion is leading to comradery versus conflict. That's why folks popping in just to make it a Marvel vs. DC war are missing the point.

All these movies are finally bringing characters to life that we have enjoyed for years, and wanted to see in a live movie. All we can do is hope each film is done in a way it does the characters justice.

Those things worth satirization are those things worth giving one's attention to.

If anything, all the discussion is leading to comradery versus conflict. That's why folks popping in just to make it a Marvel vs. DC war are missing the point.

All these movies are finally bringing characters to life that we have enjoyed for years, and wanted to see in a live movie. All we can do is hope each film is done in a way it does the characters justice.

That's the way I see it. I actually enjoy Marvel and DC, I don't consider them the same. I read both and I like both. I never understood why people fight over what's better?

To be 100% Honest. If you want to fight over who is better in the movies? Well there is the Dark Knight. Which I believe blows out all Marvel and DC movies out of the water. But it doesn't really matter as any film can be that good if given the best possible resources and story.

For what it is worth, I have this to add.

With the reports of Gal Gadot being on the set of Triple Nine, speculations was

that maybe she was done filming on Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice

already. Well, according to an interview on USAToday.com, Zack Snyder says he

has not filmed any footage of Gadot as Wonder Woman and that, ”she’s working

out and getting buff and ripped.”

I take that to mean that what she has filmed has all been in civilian clothes and

the scenes with her in costume will be filmed later.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/05/snyder-hasnt-filmed-gadot-as-wonder-woman-yet/

Amell keeps saying "I'm not in the B v S" movie. I'm thinking that's VERY specific wording and he's deliberately omitting the JL movie mention.

I just saw the Constantine pilot the other day, and I could easily see that small screen incarnation translate to the big screen. I'm not completely sold on Amell for the movies yet, but I'm sure there could be worse choices for Green Arrow.

That's the way I see it. I actually enjoy Marvel and DC, I don't consider them the same. I read both and I like both. I never understood why people fight over what's better?

To be 100% Honest. If you want to fight over who is better in the movies? Well there is the Dark Knight. Which I believe blows out all Marvel and DC movies out of the water. But it doesn't really matter as any film can be that good if given the best possible resources and story.

Exactly. Enjoy the movies from both, and enjoy the run up in the value of your collections along with the increased popularity of the characters. lol

Kevin Smith Says The New Batsuit In BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Uses Cloth

When Neal Adams brought up the fan film Batman: Dead End, Smith said, "I'm telling you, that’s what they're doing in this new movie Batman movie. It's him in material. None of this body armor :censored: ."

One of the better Batman fan-made videos I would have loved to see in a longer treatment.

Clark Bartram could go with straight cloth versus an armor or padded suit.

Clark_Bartram_Triceps.jpg

Kevin Smith Says The New Batsuit In BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Uses Cloth

When Neal Adams brought up the fan film Batman: Dead End, Smith said, "I'm telling you, that’s what they're doing in this new movie Batman movie. It's him in material. None of this body armor :censored: ."

Clark Bartram could go with straight cloth versus an armor or padded suit.

I remember when Brad Pitt was almost attached to the early planned Darren Aronofsky reboot, they were gonna go with a low budget approach and use a basic grey cloth costume for year one. That would have been awesome!

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batman:_Year_One_(Darren_Aronofsky)

A Lincoln Contientinal batmobile. :headbang:

I ran into one of those with my bike, the both of us recieved dents.