• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

THE MOTLEY FOOL: 3 Reasons 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' Will Sail Past $1 Billion at the Box Office

Dawn of Justice will see the introduction of Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Aquaman to the universe established in Man of Steel. Casting has yet to be announced for rumored characters like Green Lantern and The Flash, but it wouldn't be surprising to see them show up. While this may seem like a lot to juggle in one film, it's likely that most of the focus will be placed on Superman's conflict with The Dark Knight and problems kicked up by Lex Luthor and other dastardly agents.

It's also worth pointing out that Warner's superheroes are much more established than characters like Iron Man, Thor, and Black Widow were at the inception of the Disney's cinematic superhero empire. Players like Batman and Wonder Woman are iconic enough that they don't need to be introduced with solo films in Snyder's universe.

This quote... while probably true... perplexes me a tad bit.

The solo Marvel films made the anticipation level rise for me towards a group Avengers film.

While I'm sure fan anticipation for Dawn of Justice will be high... all of Marvel's end credit scenes, cameos and interweaving of plotlines made me REALLY want to see Avengers hm

None of this matters though... I will still be at theater opening weekend for this ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

I think why that point is important is due to DC/Warner dropping the ball over the years. Where there should have been a creative roadmap piecing together the DC Universe across Batman Begings, Superman Returns and Green Lantern, each was released as a standalone production with no scheme tied to the bigger comic book world.

Now that Warner finally realized from Marvel's success what they missed out on, it would take years to release each of those individual character movies building up to Justice League. So not a bad idea to just go for broke, and buildup the excitement within two movies ('Man of Steel' and then 'Batman v Superman'), and get things back on track. It is a bummer though the next movie is still two years away. That is a lot of viewership time lost.

that would be true that WB drop the ball but that's because their old CEO didn't think their was profit in comic book movies. look what the new CEO has done in such a short of time with DCE/DC Comics we starting to see a side that is not scared bring characters into the big screen or small screen. WB/DC can do a different roadmap and not copy Marvel hell look at the original star wars movies we got three movies with multiple characters and we didn't need solo movies for them, same goes for Harry Potter & LOTR movies.

The Argument For Being Genuinely Optimistic About Batman V. Superman

Yes, there's a shred of hope. There's more than a shred of hope. Apparently the "S" on Superman's chest stands for hope. I obviously have my problems with Man of Steel and the bleak direction I presume Snyder is taking Batman V. Superman, but that's my educated guess as a pop culture critic/internet individual_without_enough_empathy. There's a ton of real reasons to not just be hopeful, but excited as hell.

Doomsday Gets Designed For 'Batman V. Superman'

This could go a few ways, the most likely being one of these two:

1) All the DC characters that might be potentially used in this Justice League multi-film story are being designed to lock a visual continuity into this new DC world.

2) Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice will feature a Doomsday cameo.

I doubt it goes beyond cameo, because there's only ONE THING you use Doomsday for in a story, and that's to be a viable enemy that is capable of killing Superman.

Could it be that Momoa is really Doomsday, and he is having fun playing along with the news about Aquaman? Or is this the role Dwayne Johnson has been hinting at, playing someone just as powerful as Superman?

:whee:

Jason Momoa Not Sure If He Will Be Aquaman In Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice

Access Hollywood caught up with the actor and asked again if he would be playing the Atlantean king. Momoa’s answer was…pretty much the same as it was the last time anybody asked him, which is to say it wasn’t much of an answer at all.

“I hear a lot of stuff in the paper – you’ll have to wait and see,” Momoa said. "I’m not sure yet. Never know…"

:ohnoez:

More about Doomsday appearing in 'Batman v Superman'

Not long after that, we asked Doomsday's creator, writer/artist Dan Jurgens, what he thought it would take to make the character work onscreen.

"Doomsday is the anti-Superman. Whereas Superman is a creature of the thought and reason, Doomsday is pure rage-- a force of nature," Jurgens said. "He does not think. It's brutality unleashed-- an unstoppable shark on land. A beast of unrestrained savagery. He has a primal drive to kill. It would have to be visually convincing, which I think can surely be done, and pose Superman with the ultimate threat and obstacle."

Comparing Doomsday to the villain of Man of Steel, Jurgens continued, "In the movie, Zod framed the terms of the fight by saying that only one of them would walk away. Doomsday's savagery would frame the terms of this battle by leaving Superman only one option-- the ultimate sacrifice."

:applause:

Jason Momoa Not Sure If He Will Be Aquaman In Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice

Access Hollywood caught up with the actor and asked again if he would be playing the Atlantean king. Momoa’s answer was…pretty much the same as it was the last time anybody asked him, which is to say it wasn’t much of an answer at all.

“I hear a lot of stuff in the paper – you’ll have to wait and see,” Momoa said. "I’m not sure yet. Never know…"[/i]

:ohnoez:

The real answer is Lobo?

injusticelobo.png

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Does the world need Superman?

Your purpose in life is to use your own adventures and transformation to help you make over life for the world that surrounds you. You will learn from others, and teach others in turn. Your service to the world will create your place in the normal guy Justice League, and it’s kind of weird to think it can all be learned from the likes of Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent. There is room for geeky heartache, with stories possibly deviating into a different journey than the one you prefer, but hero stories are definitely worth it!

:applause:

“The truth is, I wish her well. To play a superhero is kind of thankless in a lot of ways. And as long as they don’t try to make it… write it for a guy but put a girl in there- you know, rooaarr, all that. That’s not Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman is about heart, about kindness, about righting wrongs, right? It’s like all of us… It’s where we live. It’s all the places we live. That’s really who Wonder Woman is. All the things we do. And there’s still that secret self that wants a pat on the back every now and then.

We come in all shapes and sizes. And I really do hope that she brings that kind of heart to the character.”