• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books that you don't want in your collection...

206 posts in this topic

Books with the squirrel gotg.. green lantern...daredevil...any with covers of cut off heads or similar...and also I dont have any ff. I just find ff too goofy. They are not super heroes like supes sm bm etc...they are more clowns with powers. And if I go that way then I would prefer some Barks stories e.g.

Liefield surely is horrible at drawing superheroes.

I also have no interest in variants.

I guess it depends why one collects. I collect mostly for the content..I.e. the story in the books as imagined by the authors and artists. Therefore key (first appearances etc) arr important.

Variants are just a gimmick from the publisher and I dont collect for the sake of the publisher.

Thinking about it there are two kinds of variants I can respect: Errors in printing, and foreign variants. They are not just some publisher gimmick.

Personally I am still not interested in collecting errors but the foreign variants could be interesting at some point.

If I didn't want a book in my collection,I wouldn't have bought it. (shrug)

I wish I could say that. I'm trying to get better, but impulse buys at what seem like good prices for books out of my focus are a problem I struggle with.

Conan the Barbarian #12, 17, 18, and 23.

I like Gil Kane's art very much, just not when it's breaking up the BWS Conan run

I don't, or ever plan to, own these books..

I happen to love those books. In fact, if anyone knows where I can find a copy of Conan #12 in 9.2+ with WHITE pages, let me know :)

Missing just 7, 11, and 12 to complete my Smith run.

I wish I could say that. I'm trying to get better, but impulse buys at what seem like good prices for books out of my focus are a problem I struggle with.

No impulse buys here,I am cold and calculating. :devil:

No impulse buys here,I am cold and calculating. :devil:

Impulse is my middle name, I just cant resist the comics man :headbang:

Walking Dead #1...had a CGC 9.8 black label last year and got rid of it in less than a week since I believed the bubble was going to bust at any minute.

good job buying silver age books, but you took an L here.

I don't understand the rationale here. If he had the book, didn't want it, and sold it for FMV (at the time), how is that a loss? No one here has a crystal ball.

only an L in thinking that the bubble was gonna burst any minute.

I don't want anything in my collection that other people think is "cool" like TWD or NM 98. I'm too unique and special for that. I mean really, when you jump on the bandwagon of a craze you just stop being hip anymore. The millions of people who like Deadpool and zombies are total loser D Bags and deserve to die a slow horrible death.

You'll never catch me buying any popular books, I have a rep to uphold.

OK with that said its time to go play Arkham Origins I had to pause it to write this.

Also, I could do without any silver age xmen. Aside from #1 . They just don't do it for me.

I don't want anything in my collection that other people think is "cool" like TWD or NM 98. I'm too unique and special for that. I mean really, when you jump on the bandwagon of a craze you just stop being hip anymore. The millions of people who like Deadpool and zombies are total loser D Bags and deserve to die a slow horrible death.

You'll never catch me buying any popular books, I have a rep to uphold.

OK with that said its time to go play Arkham Origins I had to pause it to write this.

Also, I could do without any silver age xmen. Aside from #1 . They just don't do it for me.

Your sig line might say differently...

lol

:jokealert:

I'm kind of a key issue completist - but there are two books that I am so prejudiced against that I won't put them into my collection.

I think IMSM #1 is a lame book, compounded by the negative conditioning I have been exposed to here on the boards regarding it ensures I will never want to have one in my collection

07-Iron-Man-and-Sub-Mariner-1.jpg.jpg

You can hate the book, you can hate Cal, or you can have fun with it, like it I did and make a joke out of the whole thing. A couple of years ago there was an auction for cancer research wherein forum members did sketch covers and put them up for grabs. Now, I can't draw worth a lick, but I know someone who can, so I asked him to do an IMSM parody.

You have no idea how hard it is to explain what 'Calbot' is to someone who doesn't frequent the boards.

At any rate, he got it done, and I wish I'd won that auction, because not only was it for a good cause, but also because I love to tease Cal. Hell, he's in my sig.

calbot_cover_by_bollin_2009.jpg

Just for giggles, here's some old 'Calbot' stuff from my PB account that will make absolutely no sense out of context. :D

CONUNDRUM.jpg

calbot.jpg

CALBOT1.jpg

CAL27.jpg

CALACCUSE.jpg

CALTERUS.jpg

Ran across Beau's name, and looked up his last post.

I miss him quite a bit.