• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books that you don't want in your collection...

206 posts in this topic

Walking Dead #1...had a CGC 9.8 black label last year and got rid of it in less than a week since I believed the bubble was going to bust at any minute.

good job buying silver age books, but you took an L here.

I don't understand the rationale here. If he had the book, didn't want it, and sold it for FMV (at the time), how is that a loss? No one here has a crystal ball.

Avengers 55

Ditto

So overplayed on these forums I refuse to own one.

Is it acceptable to have one with detached cover? I wanted it for the story… :D

Thatll work. I feel the same way about IM55...one of the last books in my 1-300 run that I need. I would take one thats been used as tissue at this point, just want to read the freaking thing.

I picked mine from a gracious boardie (which is also a dealer), it has spine split & a completely detached cover.

I am still missing a #56 and a #58, and still on the hunt for the nicest #59 I can find, but more or less now I can read the whole Ultron/Vision/Yellowjacket arc… :)

What did poor Wanda ever do to Liefeld, that he drew her in such a damned way... also, Rob, DARLING... molars look different from incisors look different from cuspids & bicuspids.

:eek:

-slym

What?! They do? So my Liefeld Dentures arent cool anymore? :sorry:

Antique-Enamel-and-Gold-False-Teeth-1_zps7a037a14.jpg

In fact, Wanda is the less worse of the group. His Captain America must have had serious problems in his muscles/ligament/nerves.

I hated so much that "move" on Marvel’s part, and I also think it somehow laid the bases for all that’s bad that came afterwards. :sick:

Books based around Deadpool, Squirrel Girl, and Lobo. I have little to no appreciation for these humor based characters that add little value to any narrative they are placed in. I will admit Deadpool may have been a decent character in the hands of a capable writer but as he is, especially today with him being little more then a representation of crude childish internet culture I cant stand him. He is also far too over-saturated in media especially as a congoer of both comic and anime conventions.

Any and all Green Lantern. He's been a character I never liked. Can't really say it's based on anything as I like characters with similar personalities and similar powers. I just can't get on board with Green Lantern. Maybe he'll grown on me, but not yet.

I would not even use the term "reboot": this is a relatively modern term.

That "decision" in 1996 was the worst thing up to that date that Marvel could have done…

Agreed, but it gave me a good stopping point. I don't own any Marvel books beyond the last issues of those titles before the new #1s. If not for that I'd probably feel some compulsion to keep buying new Spidey and Iron Man books, but thanks to that brilliant move I absolutely could not care less about Marvels beyond that point.