• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cheetah runs
4 4

585 posts in this topic

I just closed my eyes and hit the big red button when this one came up. I understand it is one of the issues that was destroyed when Fiction House inadvertently predicted the US military's use of radar in another title.

Planet15_zpsd7de941f.jpg

I just closed my eyes and hit the big red button when this one came up. I understand it is one of the issues that was destroyed when Fiction House inadvertently predicted the US military's use of radar in another title.

Wow - I didn't know that.

What a great book!

Thanks for posting these. It's nice to large images of books one would normally only see together in something like Gerber

(thumbs u

Tough, tough, tough book to find in decent shape and with decent colors. But most of you laready know that.

Planet34804x1280_zpsa53730e5.jpg

Fantastic book! Of course one that I'd love to have is a tough one. Then again, aren't they all.

Amazing stuff here!!! :golfclap:

TTT (Top Ten Time)

How bad of a shot must you be to miss someone when you shoot bolts out of your eyes? "Oops, I missed. I looked two feet to the right when I should have been looking right at him..."

Planet10.jpg

Billy Wright had great taste in comics. His books have fallen into a bit of disfavor with all the pressing and instant resale they went through. This one stays in the exact same holder as when I won it. Lovely copy, too.

Planet3_zps6096733b.jpg

This is the person_without_enough_empathy that almost sunk me. I was outbid on this issue more than once when it went for more than I thought was reasonable. (I know, the irony, right?) Finally just went for it. It also holds the distinction of being the first tentacle-arm cover in the history of comics. Somehow, CGC failed to note that on the cover. Tied-up girls in bondage has them drooling all over themselves but a class tentacle-arm cover gets suppressed. Bastards.

Planet2804x1280_zps5ef23f81.jpg

This is probably my lest favorite cover of the Whitman run. Either my copy is weak or he just didn't have time to finish it.

PlanetComics67.jpg

I showed my copy to Jeff and he suggested I post it for comparison. Definitely not one of Whitman's best, but I do have a certain affection for this one myself.

PlanetComics67_zps6059aa6e.jpg